Subaru Legacy 2015

antelop

Yeah pass, i'll hang on to my lgt wagon till coe ends in 2009. Haven't seen anything from subaru that will make me get a new one from them.

↡ Advertisement

TC engine is Japan is finding hard to survive with the rising standards of their CO2 emissions test. Major car makers in Japan are looking at an uncertain future of where they are going. What we are looking at is near to a turning point soon.

It's unlikely they will invest time & money in future R&D on TC engines. Hybrid engines is reaching its limits unless there's significant progress on batteries. The future only option left now is hydrogen alternative fuel but it requires precious metals to store. High cost of manufacturing is an obstacle on mass car production.

too bad that japan car maker focus in "efficiency" not "performance" ...

TC engine is Japan is finding hard to survive with the rising standards of their CO2 emissions test. Major car makers in Japan are looking at an uncertain future of where they are going. What we are looking at is near to a turning point soon.

It's unlikely they will invest time & money in future R&D on TC engines. Hybrid engines is reaching its limits unless there's significant progress on batteries. The future only option left now is hydrogen alternative fuel but it requires precious metals to store. High cost of manufacturing is an obstacle on mass car production.

Edited by Wt_know

frankly bro, i feel is more of reliability and efficiency. Jap are not that frugal after all. imo

• Praise 1

Because Japan segregated sporty car and family car clearly

Yeah pass, i'll hang on to my lgt wagon till coe ends in 2009. Haven't seen anything from subaru that will make me get a new one from them.

I wanted to wait for the new Legacy, to replace my own Wagon but with a 2.5L non-TC power unit, even with a $137,800 pre-launch price, it looks like my choice to switch over to the Q50 was a right one......ending a 15yr relationship with both Subaru and AWD :(

While a 30k premium over the Legacy price is a steep one, I think there is too much difference now in terms of comfort, specs, performance, running cost and re-sale to make the extra justified.

I think Subaru are loosing their way a little......it's a pity. The three I've had have all been a perfect balance of power, handling, comfort and reliability, though never luxurious or loaded with gear.

• Praise 1

i know ... but they did not see the world picture

sooner or later they will lose the world market to turbo-charged engine car especially "family car"

Because Japan segregated sporty car and family car clearly

extremely late start, probably only available by end of 2015 or early 2016

by then ... the conti maker are releasing new engines liao

Honda is starting to introduce turbo engines...

Edited by Wt_know

extremely late start, probably only available by end of 2015 or early 2016

by then ... the conti maker are releasing new engines liao

Subaru turbo technology definitely doesn't lag conti turbo

Supercharged

Subaru turbo tech was for high-perf,

conti is LPT for efficiency.

at 137,800, it is trying to underprice vs the now 150k+ 2.5l versions of teana and camry. i'm sure some pple will bite? :)

Hard unless you are a die hard Subby fan (and wife don't allow Rex) because that 12k you 'save', is lost the moment you drive out of MI as the Nissan and Toyota will keep a higher resale.

Actually it does. The current STi still using port injection low compression high boost while the conti's went high compression low boost for efficiency or high compression high boost for performance (e.g. AMG45).

I wanted to wait for the new Legacy, to replace my own Wagon but with a 2.5L non-TC power unit, even with a $137,800 pre-launch price, it looks like my choice to switch over to the Q50 was a right one......ending a 15yr relationship with both Subaru and AWD :(

While a 30k premium over the Legacy price is a steep one, I think there is too much difference now in terms of comfort, specs, performance, running cost and re-sale to make the extra justified.

I think Subaru are loosing their way a little......it's a pity. The three I've had have all been a perfect balance of power, handling, comfort and reliability, though never luxurious or loaded with gear.

Yes, for 30k more, I think the Q50 beats the 2.5NA Legacy in looks, interior. materials and performance (since this is not winter country).

When Subaru had power, handling and reasonable price, it was a winner even if luxury was missing. Now that it lost the power factor, the plot is lost.

• Praise 1

Hard unless you are a die hard Subby fan (and wife don't allow Rex) because that 12k you 'save', is lost the moment you drive out of MI as the Nissan and Toyota will keep a higher resale.

Actually it does. The current STi still using port injection low compression high boost while the conti's went high compression low boost for efficiency or high compression high boost for performance (e.g. AMG45).

Tough Subaru forester 2.0T is direct injection already

Tough Subaru forester 2.0T is direct injection already

The Legacy DiT was direct injection even before the forester. But the fact that they did not use direct injection on the STi seems to be that their DiT can't do high horsepower (e.g. STI levels)... yet

Edited by Ake109

good that you mentioned conti turbo is Low Pressure Turbo (LPT)

efficiency checked = low FC & low CO2 emmission [thumbsup]

performance checked = 2L turbo can easily pump out 250bhp/350Nm [thumbsup]

reliability is not bad if you don't mess up the turbo by tune here tune there change this change that

i believe conti turbo had found their winning formula with efiiciency, performance and reliability

small nimble car there is 1.0L 1.2L 1.4L turbo

small sedan car there is 1.6L 1.8L turbo

big sedan and suv car there is 2.0L turbo

even 1.2L & 1.4L turbo are used to power small sedan and mini suv liao

in worldwide small cc (car below 2L) turbo conti car is cheap ....

but uniquely singapore no $100k no talk make cheapo turbo car expensive

huat ah!

Subaru turbo tech was for high-perf,

conti is LPT for efficiency.

Edited by Wt_know

The Legacy DiT was direct injection even before the forester. But the fact that they did not use direct injection on the STi seems to be that their DiT can't do high horsepower (e.g. STI levels)... yet

In Singapore Forester 2.0T produce 240bhp/350Nm consider as high hp leh, same level as X3, Q5, FL2, XC60 etc Conti famous turbo engine,

and in U.S it's 250bhp/350Nm, Japan JDM Forester 2.0T up to 280bhp/400Nm, so don't think there is any tech problem for Subaru to make high performance turbo, only concern is market demand and different country's emission law

↡ Advertisement