Subaru Legacy 2015

antelop

buy e class if you are worried.. their margins so high you don't have to worry about which way coe goes

in line with MCF's fine tradition, to pay full cash. e-class is out. [laugh]

Edited by Vidz
↡ Advertisement

Hello pplz,

Getting the new legacy in less than 2 weeks' time, now thinking whether to change rim/tyre first or to change the brake kit first? Any advice?

For BBK, i'm looking at AP Racing but also considering about Brembo depending on the $$$. Any bros or sis using these brands of BBK on their rides? Which is better?

Thanks in advance.

I think brakes and wheels goes together, the stock wheels may not clear bbk. My stock wheel can't even clear fhi 4p2p when I replaced my brakes, so end up spent a bit on spacer first then hunt for wheels.

Lots of sti brembo on second hand market. Cheap to own one now.

4th Gear

Thanks all for the advice.

Mixed feelings. Thinking of buying the lip, side skirting, rear bumper, front grille and door visor from japan, but the costs of these parts are really expensive. Maybe it is a new model, so not many bodykit accessories around.

Maybe just stick to stock and drive for a while first then see how.. :(

4th Gear

Here's the latest in the 2017 Kelley Blue Book Brand Image winners . Just announced a month ago.  Sounds about right to me :-)

Non Luxury Cars

LUXURY Cars

Lexus

Best Overall Luxury Brand

Lexus

Most Trusted Luxury Brand

Buick

Best Value Luxury Brand

Mercedes-Benz

Most Refined Luxury Brand

Porsche

Best Performance Luxury Brand

Jaguar

Best Car Styling Luxury Brand

quite sure to start on this Legacy in early 2018... (pun intended).  My current ride expires April 2018.

However, with the new Vehicle Emission Scheme (VES) twist starting Jan 2018, not sure how to go about this now. Based on solely carbon emission, BN9 is unfortunately at +$10,000 band.

COE may go up, may come down... Should I wait or should I go?? Any views? [:p]

Buy based on your needs, and no need to wait that long if your ride's expiring in less than a year, so that you won't be forced into a decision at the last minute. I'd say bbbmtl.

I think brakes and wheels goes together, the stock wheels may not clear bbk. My stock wheel can't even clear fhi 4p2p when I replaced my brakes, so end up spent a bit on spacer first then hunt for wheels.

Lots of sti brembo on second hand market. Cheap to own one now.

Stock Legacy wheels will clear most bbk if you use at least a 20mm spacer. Chop stamp confirm will clear with a 25mm spacer.

• Praise 1

No ex-stock, new orders will be 2018 model. The only problem is whether can make it in time before Jan 2019.

No ex-stock, new orders will be 2018 model. The only problem is whether can make it in time before Jan 2019.

I would be quite shocked if stock didn't arrive by early next year latest (though I got no inside info on this, guessing nia). So should be in time for Jan 2019 lah, lol.

After all, the latest facelift's been announced for a while already, and I've heard rumours that it should be here by the end of the year. Rumours only. But makes sense lah.

Due to the new FL model, it needs to be cleared by LTA for homologisation. It can take from 2 week to over 2 months.

Due to the new FL model, it needs to be cleared by LTA for homologisation. It can take from 2 week to over 2 months.

Sorry, but what's  homologisation?

inspection; verification; spot-check; act busy. [laugh]

You forgot: Making sure our ECU firmware has enough flat spots in the engine power band to pass local emissions regulations  [bounce1]

(edited)

It should be homologation...

haha.. thanks you are correct

latest news is that all orders are halted. seems like 2018 model may fall under +20k VES.

any insider news anyone?

Edited by Vidz

haha.. thanks you are correct

latest news is that all orders are halted. seems like 2018 model may fall under +20k VES.

any insider news anyone?

Really??? That's a killer... but they sell this car in US and it meets the emissions standards there... they just need to import that engine version mah...

Supersonic

Really??? That's a killer... but they sell this car in US and it meets the emissions standards there... they just need to import that engine version mah...

According to our esteemed scholars at LTA and NEA, even the greeny two shoes Prius is not good enuf to qualify for VES rebate. Go figure what's the real purpose of VES....
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

According to our esteemed scholars at LTA and NEA, even the greeny two shoes Prius is not good enuf to qualify for VES rebate. Go figure what's the real purpose of VES....

I agree, the way I see the net effect of this whole VES thing is to generate extra revenue and is meaningless.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3