Subaru Legacy 2015

antelop

No TURBO no buy! I'll keep my old Subaru for now, thanks.

Forester XT got turbo leh. 237Bhp 350NM 7.5sec 0-100km/hr.

btw, SE told me prices are: legacy (137,800) and outback (142,800). these are pre launch prices and will be raised by 5k each upon launch (i don't know when, maybe 1st april?)

yes, 1st April.

↡ Advertisement

i learnt from this thread that forester XT turbo does not appeal to many who owned the old 2.5GT legacy. :)

tomorrow evening is the launch at leng kee? 137,200 maybe left with tomorrow morning nia lol.

Forester XT got turbo leh. 237Bhp 350NM 7.5sec 0-100km/hr.

yes, 1st April.

i learnt from this thread that forester XT turbo does not appeal to many who owned the old 2.5GT legacy. :)

Yup. I'd rather renew my LGT than buy new Forester XT.

Next car is likely facelift M135i 5dr hatch. Nothing in Subby lineup I fancy now.

Edited by Ake109

I kept my 2005 LGT till it was 10 years old. That model was classy with McIntosh sound system, then cool dark instrument panel and factory fitted leather seats. It was an upgrade in all areas from my previous ride which was a Volvo 850T.

Never regretted my purchase and each time I started the engine, it was a joy. Never in those 10 years was I tempted to change cars due to the drive and its reliability. When the next LGT was launched, I looked at it but was not at all impressed. The car had gone backwards in most areas.

My daily thrill was to exit expressways without slowing down from 90km/h in wet or dry conditions. My car was shod with the best Falkens, Toyo and Goodyears. The LGT had plenty of grip in reserve when I took those bends at 90km/h in 3rd gear. Thanks to the AWD and the tyres. On trips up north, overtaking on dual carriage-ways was a breeze with the torque, and I could take those bends confidently at speed.

The end only came last year when petrol prices climbed and the LGT's 7.5 km/l consumption became painful to feed. Furthermore parts were breaking from wear and tear. By which time, my good and faithful servant was at its end of 10 years. With sadness, I traded her in for something Ah Pek and comfortable but only after a few trips to MI to see if the 2015 LGT will make it here in time. I even drove the Forester to see if the LGT's driving DNA was there. Sadly it was not.

So I am sad to hear that the 2015 NA is non-turbo, and one of Subaru's better cars has lost its uniqueness.

Ditto. Scrapped my 2004 LGT last year. Reliable car indeed. The only car I held on to for 10 years. Had fun in Sepang with it to boot. Also easy to tweak the ECU for more torque/power with no additional hardware, all it took was a US$70 cable, laptop and open source software (actually quite safe, engine lasted 10 years and was still in very good condition when scrapped).

Edited by Boxerfan

Did you suffer from the famous BL/BP crack dashboard syndrome?

Mine spiderweb liao but 2+ years to go, very heartpain to spend nearly 1k to fix it.

For Subaru radiator to go, 100k is not bad liao. Let me guess, it was crack at the top plastic part right? Most go from 60k onwards. Famous Subaru design feature!

My dash is pretty much like you describe, from one side to the other, over the top, under the bottom. Wearnes took off $600 from the trade in price - hand it to them tomorrow.

My radiator also went about at 80k.

At 100k now and needs new front wheel bearings, cruise control doesn't work, speaker paper is mostly gone especially the back ones, for ~4yrs not all CD slots could be used. Last basic service was done in December and I've been limiting using the car since then because of the wheel bearings and it needs new rear pads.

I knew I'd be getting a car before May so it was eeking it out to last, so no trips up North etc.

Sad that at the end, I've lost interest in it despite, as my other Subarus, it's been reliable except for that radiator and, of course, battery. Add all up, and like you, no Subaru left in the line up I can like.

(edited)

unlikely, else they will seller it at a higher price. SE just confirmed it for me that it does not come with eyesight.

Anyone know if Eyesight is included in the Singapore offering?

Edited by subarudreamer

Ditto. Scrapped my 2004 LGT last year. Reliable car indeed. The only car I held on to for 10 years. Had fun in Sepang with it to boot. Also easy to tweak the ECU for more torque/power with no additional hardware, all it took was a US$70 cable, laptop and open source software (actually quite safe, engine lasted 10 years and was still in very good condition when scrapped).

The 4th generation Legacy was indeed a car that filled a niche. Here was a car that looked elegant, had 4 doors, could sit 5 adults comfortably, cruise quietly, was affordable and yet with a stab of right foot would turn into a sports car eating beast once the turbo snarls.

Suitably modified with engine tune-up, better brakes, stiffer suspension and struts added (the chassis was not rigid enough IMHO for hard cornering) it was easy to turn it into a weekend track car for office worker. And of course it came with legendary Subaru toughness and reliability. Except for the radiator expiring in cloud of steam.

Current Forester XT is a far cry from the 4th gen Legacy DNA. I took the Forester for a test drive. Round a corner at the apex I applied full torque, the body rolled like a boat and the tyres squealed. My Legacy took that same corner flat and totally composed with plenty in reserve.

Current ride is Ah Pek, but at least it has a turbo and is RWD. It's helping to mitigate the withdrawal symptoms and the 12km/l on RON95 fuel consumption is making me feel a lot better at the pumps.

How will be the response of this japan made 2.5L all wheel drive compared to accord teana or Camry?

Simple. The response will be much better than accord teana and camry.

0-100 timings:

Legacy 2.5: 8.7s

Accord 2.4: 10.5s

Teana 2.5: 10.1s

Camry 2.5: 9.7s

Somemore got awd which gives better grip in the rain, cornering, and when you launch your car.

Of course, legacy will drink more petrol because of the awd, but to me, nothing beats feeling safe and confident when driving in the rain.

• Praise 2

0-100 timings:

Somemore got awd which gives better grip in the rain, cornering, and when you launch your car.

Of course, legacy will drink more petrol because of the awd, but to me, nothing beats feeling safe and confident when driving in the rain.

another reason is Legacy applied CVT drivetrain, nowadays CVT has faster response than traditional AT,

Teana 2.5 170bhp only, but due to CVT then faster than 173bhp Accord 2.4 (5AT) and close to 178bhp Camry 2.5(6AT)

0-100 timings:

Subaru NA AWD cars are heavy and slow. but always the fastest during heavy downpour.

• Praise 1

0-100 timings:

It still makes the new Legacy more than a second slower than before.It should go back to a 2.0L Turbo using the same block from the current WRX like they used to do years ago.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Hmm, I always thought my LGT has no rear LSD. Maybe that article is for US models only? I think the LGTs brought in by MI are quite bare bones. e.g. steel instead of alum suspension. Made in Malaysia paper speakers etc. Any idea?

yeah I opened my rear diff casing to install a Cusco LSD. The stock rear diff is essentially an open diff.

only the JDM legacies get the alum arms from factory.

I thought the MI Leggies come with Mcintosh sound system? My PI model (BP5 rev D )comes with Subaru built in HU, complete with MD player lol. And no rear subwoofer. Oh well, more cubby space :P My Subaru HU has since been superceded with a Pioneer double din with 3rd party GPS module.

can i check where you got the 8.7s timing from? i get the feeling the timing is closer to 10s (from foreign website)

0-100 timings:

It still makes the new Legacy more than a second slower than before.It should go back to a 2.0L Turbo using the same block from the current WRX like they used to do years ago.

I think Japanese automakers strategy changed,

domestic market direction is Hybrid and fuel efficiency,

USA market high capacity NA sedan such as 3.5L accord, 3.5L Camry, 3.5L teana, 3.5L mazda6 and 3.6L Legacy etc,

Mid-east market, big capacity NA SUV Such as 4.6L Toyota Landcruiser, 5.6L Lexus LX560 , 5.6L Nissan Patrol etc,

almost gave up those small turbo favorites market such as China, southeast Asia which is such small market compare to USA and Mid-east