Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
32 replies to this topic | 11 praises

Posted 04 April 2015 - 08:53 AM

Mkl22
  • Mkl22
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Does anyone know of which brand of reader that reads most JDM cars OBD? I haven actron OBD2 reader but it is not able to read toyota markx.

Posted 04 April 2015 - 10:19 AM

Lotr
  • Premium member
    Lotr
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Does anyone know of which brand of reader that reads most JDM cars OBD? I haven actron OBD2 reader but it is not able to read toyota markx.

I bought one from dx.com, some no brand china made <$10 type.  It conforms to some standard, OBD-II, iirc.  Works on conti car, also same standard.

Probably should what standard is markx then get the same dongle/reader/transmitter that supports the same standard

Posted 04 April 2015 - 12:21 PM

JohnSHL
  • Premium member
    JohnSHL
    6th Gear
    Author Image

I must hv tried at least 10 different ones on my JDM. All can't read.

hope someone here has found 1 that can read JDM.

Posted 06 April 2015 - 06:20 PM

Tazzi80
  • Premium member
    Tazzi80
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

I must hv tried at least 10 different ones on my JDM. All can't read.

hope someone here has found 1 that can read JDM.

JDM OBD2 should be a standard same as non JDM. Last time my JDM fit is able to take in normal cheapo bluetooth adapter and also scanguage as well which uses ODB2 standard. Are you trying to connect to bluetooth using iPhone by any chance? iPhone can only use the wifi version for the adapter. 

Posted 06 April 2015 - 10:33 PM

JohnSHL
  • Premium member
    JohnSHL
    6th Gear
    Author Image

JDM OBD2 should be a standard same as non JDM. Last time my JDM fit is able to take in normal cheapo bluetooth adapter and also scanguage as well which uses ODB2 standard. Are you trying to connect to bluetooth using iPhone by any chance? iPhone can only use the wifi version for the adapter. 

thks for the info.

my frens hv tried their units, coupled with their hp, which work on their own cars, but fail to read mine.

this inclds both the cheapo units as well as plx kiwi.

so far I found only tactrix cable (to laptop) works

anyway I hv defi for the more critical info.

was initially keen on obd2 mainly to read ATF temp but apparently obd2 does not provide this.

Posted 07 April 2015 - 06:32 PM

Galantspeedz
  • Premium member
    Galantspeedz
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

http://item.taobao.c...bucket=0#detail

I am using this

MCF PS3 Gang
MCF Hamsup Tiko Ranger

Posted 07 April 2015 - 08:15 PM

coldbeer21
  • Premium member
    coldbeer21
    1st Gear
    Author Image

what parameters you trying to read? 

i-vtec was the best thing ever invented. saves you petrol and gives you power when you need it. then came along turbos.

Posted 07 April 2015 - 08:57 PM

Mkl22
  • Mkl22
    6th Gear
    Author Image

what parameters you trying to read? 

Fault codes and the usual O2. Water temp, ignition advance etc

Posted 07 April 2015 - 09:10 PM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I got those expensive bluetooth OBD2 adaptor that pairs to my Android device at this website www.obdtoolstore.com

I have used those cheap MIC ones. Cannot make it lah. Kept disconnecting when I tried to clear error code. Can only do monitoring.

The seller is from Hong Kong. Friendly chap. You may write to him as to which device is suitable for your car. He sell those professional dedicated OBD2 device such as this

http://www.obdtoolst...192a15e4784d2c9

But to me dedicated device is too expensive to buy coz one thing in sgp the 10 year ownership thing. How long have you own your MarkX and unless you plan to get another Toyota or Lexus in future I do not think it's worth to get one. That's why I got myself a universal OBD2 BT adaptor that can be used on most cars.

The chosen one will bring balance to the Force...I mean Singapore. Even star wars do not reserve "the chosen one" to a sith lord or a jedi or a wookie.

Posted 07 April 2015 - 09:15 PM

Mkl22
  • Mkl22
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Already have a actron obd2 reader which is approx 5 years old. It reads most others cars. Just realized that JDM obd is a differnt animal. So looking to get some thing newer that can read all.

Although I don't need it often, just don't like workshop trying to smoke me. I read my own codes I know what is going on.
JohnSHL praised this

Posted 07 April 2015 - 10:43 PM

coldbeer21
  • Premium member
    coldbeer21
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Fault codes and the usual O2. Water temp, ignition advance etc

i have one bluetooth diagnostic device i bought 1 week ago just to itchy backside try out on my car but in the end never use. you can try and see if it works? i got it for about 20 can sell you for 15 if it works.

i-vtec was the best thing ever invented. saves you petrol and gives you power when you need it. then came along turbos.

Posted 09 April 2015 - 09:39 AM

Z234user
  • Z234user
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

I bought mine from Amazon

http://www.amazon.co...1?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Works on my 2014 Noah JDM

Able to look at real time stats from engine etc & the usual fault codes

Posted 09 April 2015 - 09:47 AM

Kb27
  • Premium member
    Kb27
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

OBDII readers are not all the same.

First thing it must do is to speak the same protocol (language) as your car's.

If it doesn't, it won't connect and you won't get in through the front door.

Posted 09 April 2015 - 12:59 PM

Spinelli_ck
  • Premium member
    Spinelli_ck
    6th Gear
    Author Image

As a general rule, you can determine which protocol your vehicle is using by looking at the pinout of the OBD-II connector:

J1850 PWM          PIN2 PIN10 (mandatory)

J1850 VPW           PIN2 (mandatory)

ISO9141/14230    PIN7 (mandatory) PIN15 (optional)

ISO15765 (CAN)  PIN6 PIN14 (mandatory)

Attached Thumbnails

• obd2_connector2.png

Edited by Spinelli_ck, 09 April 2015 - 01:06 PM.

Roadrunner2029 and Kb27 praised this

Posted 11 April 2015 - 12:19 AM

Mkl22
  • Mkl22
    6th Gear
    Author Image

I bought mine from Amazon

http://www.amazon.co...1?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Works on my 2014 Noah JDM

Able to look at real time stats from engine etc & the usual fault codes

Thanks for taking the trouble to try it out on the mark x. Unfortunately it does not work. It did read the presence of the ecu but it couldn't decode. Oh well. I give up.

Posted 11 April 2015 - 10:16 AM

Z234user
  • Z234user
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Thanks for taking the trouble to try it out on the mark x. Unfortunately it does not work. It did read the presence of the ecu but it couldn't decode. Oh well. I give up.

No worries. so close yet so far...good luck with this

Posted 11 April 2015 - 11:25 AM

Z234user
  • Z234user
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Btw thanks for the helpful links n lobang

Posted 19 May 2015 - 09:30 AM

Ki113r
  • Premium member
    Ki113r
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Where can I find the OBD connector on my car? I'm driving a Honda Fit 2008.

Posted 19 May 2015 - 05:50 PM

TPS57
  • TPS57
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

am using also

Posted 19 October 2015 - 07:58 PM

Nine_eleven
  • Premium member
    Nine_eleven
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Where is the obd2 port in the Mark X?

Would scangauge work?

Back to Performance and Tuning  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: toyota and 2 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users