Cristiano Leonardo's match! 80-yr old SCAMMER!

RadX

More apt to start a new one on this scammer thingy.

Old man hurls himself onto stationary car at Ang Mo Kio

StompThursday, Apr 09, 2015
1980 8 0 3 0

A driver slowed his car down when he noticed an elderly man standing in the middle of the road, but was shocked when the latter flung himself onto the car bonnet.

The driver, who sent footage of the incident to citizen journalism website Stomp, said the incident happened yesterday, Apr 8, at about 4.55pm along Ang Mo Kio Avenue 6.

In footage caught by his car's dashboard camera, he slowed down as the elderly man raised his hands and seemed to want to cross the road.

He recounted: "A man tried to slow my car down by raising his hands as he pretended to cross the road illegally.

Photo Gallery:
Old man hurls himself onto stationary car at Ang Mo Kio
Click on thumbnail to view photos. Source:
Stomp
unclefakeaccident_01.jpg?itok=FRBDRnuA
unclefakeaccident_02.jpg?itok=MhS5KCR9
unclefakeaccident_03.jpg?itok=9dkQ2pow
unclefakeaccident_04.jpg?itok=rBYbQvaT
unclefakeaccident_05.jpg?itok=MCViyA4Y
unclefakeaccident_06.jpg?itok=3b4wsgy0
unclefakeaccident_07.jpg?itok=p8Qm9kkz
unclefakeaccident_11.jpg?itok=H-ujpuuc
View more

"As I slowed down to let him pass, he suddenly jumped onto my front bonnet as if he was knocked down!"

The incident has raised alarms as to whether it could have been a fake accident scam, which are rife in China.

In such cases, the perpetrator would pretend to be injured by claiming that they were knocked down by a car, and then proceed to try claiming money from insurance.

The driver quickly drove away as he did not want to hold up traffic. However, he noted that the man looked like he was about to try the same stunt on another vehicle.

- See more at: http://news.asiaone.com/news/singapore/old-man-hurls-himself-stationary-car-ang-mo-kio#sthash.mQYPr19l.dpuf

https://www.facebook.com/straitstimes.stomp/photos/a.228017343896382.64081.144053245626126/969570346407741/?type=1&theater

Video here..sibei drama

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/singaporeseen/this-urban-jungle/chinas-fake-accident-scam-in-spore-watch-how-old-man-hurls-himself-onto-stationary#xtor=CS1-2

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Now we learn. Car cam is almost a must have & if such "accident" happens, act & admit mistake first to get the perpetrator's details, then send video to TP......Can't let these scammers off.

• Praise 1

Can sue him if he scratched or dented my bonnet in the process of scam?

When he can resort to such scam, don't think you can get much out of him. He'd better off getting some fame joining senior high jump track & field event.

Embed the video here.

Scary man !

Really a scam from a conman...

Good that the driver has a camera, if not, it will be his words against the old man's words...

This will further highlight the importance of having a camera in the car :)

Hmm... on a side note, this man may not be able to win an oscars.... acting a bit off leh :D

But then, hopefully he won't repeat this anymore, cos it is really dangerous on a busy road....

• Praise 2

CR7 could learn a thing or two from this old man.

But I'm more upset at the circumstances that has made this 80-yr old resort to scamming like this. Who to blame... him, his children or society?

• Praise 3

Hypersonic

Guys who are still hesitating to buy a camera, I don't know what you are waiting for. If something like this or an accident happens to you that is not your fault, then you LLST and thoroughly deserved it.

• Praise 4

Supersonic

But I'm more upset at the circumstances that has made this 80-yr old resort to scamming like this. Who to blame... him, his children or society?

Aiya....juz apply the standard-issue blame SOP lah i.e. gahmen, FT, strawberry, etc, etc. Beri convenient & covers everything - even if we kena hit by asteroids. [laugh][laugh]

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

look very fake leh.... i expecting old man to wayang abit more...

He saw the camera lah.

Don't understand why he didn't stop to report the case to the police, or even question the old man. "Let it be someone else's problem" ?

I kenna once, an old man stopped in the middle of the road, I stopped. He walked over to me and he showed me a bag of medicine in his hands, asked if he can have $10 to take a taxi to see the doctor. I offered to send him to the doctor's he denied. I gave $10 and didn't question more, but I never see him again. Sure, some people are out to scam, some people have genuine problems (family or personal or health). Posting on stomp will never tell you the full story.

agree fully... so many ppl nowadays more interested to be the one to put it on social media* then truely helping out/solving the problem

*don't acknowledging stomp as a social medium tho.

Look like he spotted the car cam, and decided to look for another victim.

Should turn off my recording LED to catch such cases.

Then can pretend to be apologetic, saying "are you OK?" etc., lead him on, get his particulars.

Then make police report and really hantam the fella big big. Take him off the streets (hopefully straight into a prison cell) so that no other innocent motorists are ever targeted again.

• Praise 3

CR7 could learn a thing or two from this old man.

Usually a bit of both.

Sure, we would like to know the background and history of such person.

But is what can society do now at this moment to help this group from pulling such scam to survive.

I don't think the old man is looking to cheat enough to buy a semi-D.

If it's meant for the very basic needs of survival then something is not very right in our society now.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2