Kia Carens 2015: all new 7-seater arrives

yo2020

Actually the Wish drives just like a Altis station wagon, if there's still such a model.... Axio Fielder not counted la.

Its a workhorse with not much refinement no thanks to its dated and simple construction. And typical of Toyotas sold by BM, you loose quite a lot of features while still having to pay top $$ for it.

No hill start, hill decent control, no lane departure warning etc.... The Toyota brand HU is locally fitted and the GUI looks odd. doesn't respond quickly either. And no proper trip computer nor cruise controls.

Thanks bro ... so many NO, looks like dont bother with Toyota for me. Will wait and see how the price goes for the KIA CAREN, no hurry for me... as the current car still can move and COE expires in Jan 2016, so will take the gamble and wait for now.

↡ Advertisement

Thanks bro ... so many NO, looks like dont bother with Toyota for me. Will wait and see how the price goes for the KIA CAREN, no hurry for me... as the current car still can move and COE expires in Jan 2016, so will take the gamble and wait for now.

To be frank, the 1.8L Valvematic series engine as found in the Wish is one of the most advanced engine from Toyota till date.

It has direct injection (GDI) just like Hyundai/Kia, there's valve LIFT in addition to the variable valve phasing adjustment... Toyota finally builds a iVTEC hahaha.... But there's only so much you can squeeze from a 1.8L without going the forced induction route while still offering good fuel economy and to meet Euro 5 emissions and beyond.

And then Toyota have to slow things down with a CVT... I am sure the Wish could have perform better if there's a conventional 6-8AT in there.

• Praise 1

Will there be facelift for WISH or model change? Price abt 20k diff. For now Caren seems a better choice for me.

Here you go, nothing really new on looks except the DRL.

Hypersonic

Look more like a facelift....

The interior looks good

This high spec model C&C did not bring in. I am hoping for this nice interior as well. :-(

Moon roof, two tone colour interior, Audi like tail lamps.

However now they have the local customise touch screen head unit with reverse cam.

• Praise 1

The interior looks good

This high spec model C&C did not bring in. I am hoping for this nice interior as well. :-(

Moon roof, two tone colour interior, Audi like tail lamps.

However now they have the local customise touch screen head unit with reverse cam.

Is this being done yet? last 2 weeks when I went it was the carppy Car Headunit! It was a turn off for me.

If compare Caren pricing with PI Wish Pricing, think i go for PI wish ! More reliability n proven workhorse..just my 2 cents worth :-)

Caren is an mpv. Think better to compare it with wish rather than suvs like xtrail n outpander.

For mpv, besides caren n wish, mazda 5 is a gd competitor.

• Praise 1

Was there this afternoon and the show car still is the old type headunit. Checked with the salesman and he says the new LCD touchscreen head unit is available with the purchase.

Pop over to view the Mitsubishi Outlander, price is good for a 2.4L 7 seater.

Hypersonic
(edited)

Was there this afternoon and the show car still is the old type headunit. Checked with the salesman and he says the new LCD touchscreen head unit is available with the purchase.

Pop over to view the Mitsubishi Outlander, price is good for a 2.4L 7 seater.

Price is low because the OMV for 2.4L is super Low. So depreciation is still very high.

http://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/newcars_pricing.php?CarCode=11611

Comparing the depreciation and OMV of the Carens..

http://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/newcars_pricing.php?CarCode=11707

Edited by Tohto
  • Praise 1

(edited)

Caren profit from AD only 3% from sgcarmart ???

Seems that way. But not sure wether they have done any creative pricing.

post-14980-0-97241500-1432860989_thumb.gif

Edited by Xman13

Now I look at the video, I think the look is better than Caren.

My friend booked a Caren without looking at WISH first. Now regret already. Hopefully the Caren don't give him too many problems.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

My friend booked a Caren without looking at WISH first. Now regret already. Hopefully the Caren don't give him too many problems.

Huh... looks almost like the old car just with reshaped bumpers and the DRLs. Doesn't seem any more exciting to me... still very boxy.

Huh... looks almost like the old car just with reshaped bumpers and the DRLs. Doesn't seem any more exciting to me... still very boxy.

I think the new Caren design is copy old picnic in certain view. Even the old Wish look better than Caren. The front of the Wish is very Aerodynamic. Caren is more boxy.

The price of Wish is more expensive than Caren and yet more people buying Wish than Caren. I couldn't find any reason why people choose Wish and not caren.

I think the new Caren design is copy old picnic in certain view. Even the old Wish look better than Caren. The front of the Wish is very Aerodynamic. Caren is more boxy.

The price of Wish is more expensive than Caren and yet more people buying Wish than Caren. I couldn't find any reason why people choose Wish and not caren.

Simply because it is a Toyota? And it is common knowledge that Toyota fans can't see beyond the badge, so I shall not waste any time.
  • Praise 3

Hypersonic
(edited)

Delete. Post wrong.

I think this is only facelift. Not a new brand new model...

Edited by Tohto
↡ Advertisement