Kia Carens 2015: all new 7-seater arrives

yo2020

For my case, I paid the additional $3k for SX and got my Coe in the 1st bid.

The list of so call freebies are as follows:

1. Additional $2k more my trade in value of current car

2. One year road tax

3. 3 years servicing up to 60k.

4. Solar film

5. Car mat

6. Euro style head unit with reserve cam and gps

I was also given the same package with the Thinkware F750 cam.

In addition, I requested to change back to the original head unit for additional discount.

Edited by tHePilGriM
↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Hi, does anyone experienced a weird sound coming out from left rear passenger seat. The sound like a fan turning with loosen blade or hit something.

This sound is intermittent and i did sent the car to service center but unfortunately the technician unable to replicate the problem, so it was not fix for that visit.

My mileage is around 8K+ and I've tried to clear things out from the secret compartments but the sound still there sometimes.

When it happened, the sound sometime can be hear clearly.

I've also uploaded the audio file recorded around the rear passenger seat.

Hope i can hear some advice or solution before i send the car for 10K servicing.

Thank you.

Don't know if the others will agree but it sounds like normal road noise from the tires to me. Perhaps that's why the mechanics couldn't replicate it cos it comes on only when it's in contact with certain surfaces.

Don't know if the others will agree but it sounds like normal road noise from the tires to me. Perhaps that's why the mechanics couldn't replicate it cos it comes on only when it's in contact with certain surfaces.

When the sound started, we can still hear when the car is in stationary.

The only component near there is the fuel pump, but fuel should not sound like that.  Empty tank, Half tank, Full Tank when you hear the sound ?

Hi, does anyone experienced a weird sound coming out from left rear passenger seat. The sound like a fan turning with loosen blade or hit something.

This sound is intermittent and i did sent the car to service center but unfortunately the technician unable to replicate the problem, so it was not fix for that visit.

My mileage is around 8K+ and I've tried to clear things out from the secret compartments but the sound still there sometimes.

When it happened, the sound sometime can be hear clearly.

I've also uploaded the audio file recorded around the rear passenger seat.

Hope i can hear some advice or solution before i send the car for 10K servicing.

Thank you.

The only component near there is the fuel pump, but fuel should not sound like that. Empty tank, Half tank, Full Tank when you hear the sound ?

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll also monitor on the fuel level. Today just top-up to full tank.

Remember.  Don't buy Petrol Version.  From a current old Carens driver.

It is one of the heaviest MPV in the market.  It is like driving a Wish with 4 50kg of Cement.

Also Petrol version no stock POA.  And Diesel GB lightup in a standstill traffic like a horror story ?

Hey bro. Im an keen to get a caren in feb / mar 2017. What are the common accessories that you guys get?

Need to start research liao

Remember. Don't buy Petrol Version. From a current old Carens driver.

It is one of the heaviest MPV in the market. It is like driving a Wish with 4 50kg of Cement.

Also Petrol version no stock POA. And Diesel GB lightup in a standstill traffic like a horror story ?

Seriously, u r a salesperson from some other company is it?

With regard to the petrol version, I think it's true lar... it's really price on application. Cos Cycle & Carriage are really pushing the diesel version.

I would also advise you to get the diesel version. The fuel consumption is really amazing. And the power mid-range is pretty amazing too. I'm speaking from experience from driving my dad's Renault Fluence 1.5 turbo diesel.

I don't know what Apple-Tree is talking about when he said gearbox light-up... but just need to learn to control the gearbox when going up and down multi-storey car parks...

Oh, don't be so sore just because I am offering you an alternative view.  A view that is not aligned to your perception.

If I am a SE I would be working in C&C as I doubt there is any career prospect driving a Kia Carens and working in BM or Kah or VW etc....

Anyway, at 184g/km. the P Carens is probably one of the highest emission vehicle for 2L cat.  So if you want to buy, now is the time !!

I doubt by next year budget day, you can get a P Carens without some CEVS penalty lor.

You have been told, it is your money, you should ownself decide lor.

With regard to the petrol version, I think it's true lar... it's really price on application. Cos Cycle & Carriage are really pushing the diesel version.

I would also advise you to get the diesel version. The fuel consumption is really amazing. And the power mid-range is pretty amazing too. I'm speaking from experience from driving my dad's Renault Fluence 1.5 turbo diesel.

I don't know what Apple-Tree is talking about when he said gearbox light-up... but just need to learn to control the gearbox when going up and down multi-storey car parks...

He might have meant that Carens gearbox can overheat in causeway jam: http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2698474-kia-carens-2015-all-new-7-seater-arrives/?view=findpost&p=5945415

You mean it also acts up in multi story carpark?

He might have meant that Carens gearbox can overheat in causeway jam: http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2698474-kia-carens-2015-all-new-7-seater-arrives/?view=findpost&p=5945415

You mean it also acts up in multi story carpark?

There was one incident highlighted here of the DCT overheating in a traffic jam at the Causeway... but I haven't any idea if it's a widespread thing.

I was referring to the gearbox being jerky going up and down multi-storey car parks... learning to control the gearbox through the throttle so that it doesn't change gears prematurely.

Otherwise I think it's all good for now.

Wait.  When people report.  I dig the internet. A lousy driver who  cannot drive properly or Car issue.

Found.  There is a recall in USA pertaining to Hyundai Tuson 2016 Model. It uses the Eco DCT7 GB, I presumed same as Kia Carens DCT7. Hyundai/Kia only have 1 DCT7 GB ?

Recall notice 16V628 issued by NSTB

Let the learn curve begin !!

Forget about LTA, they don't even know where the DCT7 GB is located.

New Carens driver ownself evaluate the situation.

There was one incident highlighted here of the DCT overheating in a traffic jam at the Causeway... but I haven't any idea if it's a widespread thing.

I was referring to the gearbox being jerky going up and down multi-storey car parks... learning to control the gearbox through the throttle so that it doesn't change gears prematurely.

Otherwise I think it's all good for now.

RCLRPT-16V628-1910.PDF

Edited by Apple-Tree

Wait. When people report. I dig the internet. A lousy driver who cannot drive properly or Car issue.

Found. There is a recall in USA pertaining to Hyundai Tuson 2016 Model. It uses the Eco DCT7 GB, I presumed same as Kia Carens DCT7. Hyundai/Kia only have 1 DCT7 GB ?

Recall notice 16V628 issued by NSTB

Let the learn curve begin !!

Forget about LTA, they don't even know where the DCT7 GB is located.

New Carens driver ownself evaluate the situation.

Dude, totally different lar... our bro here had a warning light for high temperature at the DCT. But the NHSTA report is for non-engagement of clutch. It's a calibration issue due to temperature changes... our bro didn't have the same problem... anyway the gearbox maybe the same but the software and other parameters may differ between Kia and Hyundai. Edited by teomingern
  • Praise 2

You sound like a Long Shot, so long until cannot see ....

Anyway, there is always room for improvement and recall is part and parcel of life.

As a matter of facts, almost every good car model of different make has some recall(s).  And the worst type are manufacturers that cover up and even cheat !!

I guess by now, most fresh produce Kia/Hyundai car with DCT7 are firmware upgraded by now.  Which is good news.

Dude, totally different lar... our bro here had a warning light for high temperature at the DCT. But the NHSTA report is for non-engagement of clutch. It's a calibration issue due to temperature changes... our bro didn't have the same problem... anyway the gearbox maybe the same but the software and other parameters may differ between Kia and Hyundai.

You sound like a Long Shot, so long until cannot see ....

Anyway, there is always room for improvement and recall is part and parcel of life.

As a matter of facts, almost every good car model of different make has some recall(s). And the worst type are manufacturers that cover up and even cheat !!

I guess by now, most fresh produce Kia/Hyundai car with DCT7 are firmware upgraded by now. Which is good news.

Long shot??? What do you mean?

Aiyo, so fierce ...... 3 question mark.

long shot
noun
noun: long shot; plural noun: long shots; noun: longshot; plural noun: longshots
  1. an attempt or guess that has only the slightest chance of succeeding or being accurate.
    "it's a long shot, but well worth trying"
Translate long shot to

Long shot??? What do you mean?

↡ Advertisement