Kia Carens 2015: all new 7-seater arrives

yo2020

Actually they look quite alike, size wise too.

I guess it makes the Kia very good value. The BMW will be 30-40k I think ..

I think someone recently transcated a 216GT at ard 135k..
↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

IIRC, that's with a trade in or something.. good price nevertheless..

Hi all carens bros, i have just booked the SX last week. Should have visited this forum earlier so will know what to negotiate with the SE ;) anyway still looking forward to my new ride! Excited!
  • Praise 1

Hi all carens bros, i have just booked the SX last week. Should have visited this forum earlier so will know what to negotiate with the SE ;) anyway still looking forward to my new ride! Excited!

Congrats. Must remember to share your review of the car here. And.join the FB too if u hasnt

Neutral Newbie

Congrats!

Neutral Newbie

Congratulations. Come and join us in fb..look for kia carens sg. Edited by Debamo

So how is it bro? Are you still experiencing the rattling noise from the rear seats?

Hi Jasyu, thanks for the suggestion. Will do that and monitor.
Also found that are some cables under the seats, I believed for seat belt sensor. Do not would that cause the sound.

So how is it bro? Are you still experiencing the rattling noise from the rear seats?

Tried to adjust center seat but the noise still there. 

Last Saturday go for servicing but the CSO told me they can't help on the checking intermittent issue due to half day operation so I purposely booked another appointment on this Wednesday to go back again. 

Bro got any advise or suggestion on this?

Tried to adjust center seat but the noise still there.

Last Saturday go for servicing but the CSO told me they can't help on the checking intermittent issue due to half day operation so I purposely booked another appointment on this Wednesday to go back again.

Bro got any advise or suggestion on this?

Actually im facing the same issues too bro.. Just wanted to know what the findings from your side..

Actually im facing the same issues too bro.. Just wanted to know what the findings from your side..

Just back from Service Centre.

It's same thing as every time when I purposely make appointment and drive to Service Centre, the noise disappear. Was told by the SA nothing been done by the technician as can't reproduce the noise.

Was advised to drive to the SC immediately if the noice appear. Sigh!

My experience with rattling noises in car - it's not always from where you think it is. I once had a rattle at the back seat of my BMW 320 convertible, and it turned out the problem was a broken strut on the front axle. 

Guys take note our DCT gearbox does not react well under start go traffic during jams etc. Was on my way back from JB just now. Got caught in the causeway jam. Mostly moving in gear 1 only, suddenly error flashed on speedo : )Transmission temp is High, stop car safely).. It was flashing for a good 3mins. Since there was no way to stop in the jams, i shifted to neutral and relied on the car free rolling to move forward in the jam taking precautions and braking early. After 3mins the error dissappeared. Texted my SE from Kia, was advised by the mechanic that such incidents can happen during prolong jam due to the natural characteristics of Dual Clutch gearbox somemore since its a dry clutch system thus creating lots of heat in persistent start and stop. Just take extra caution guys..

you can watch this video (

) from Taiwan (from 21:26mins onwards) talks about DCT aka DSG why it gets overheat easily during slow/start stop driving and how to avoid and prevent it.
  • Praise 1

Nice I formative video. In a nut shell, for DCT, the main issue that leads to problems is due to overheating of the transmission, esp in start stop traffic where the gear always tend to be in half clutch status where a lot of heat is generated.

Advice by the guy is to use manual option first at start off and only transit to auto option at >20kmh. Maintain at 1st gear and up shift later. Too much of up and down shift creates too much heat.

My 2 cents translation.

Nice I formative video. In a nut shell, for DCT, the main issue that leads to problems is due to overheating of the transmission, esp in start stop traffic where the gear always tend to be in half clutch status where a lot of heat is generated.

Advice by the guy is to use manual option first at start off and only transit to auto option at >20kmh. Maintain at 1st gear and up shift later. Too much of up and down shift creates too much heat.

My 2 cents translation.

Install this may solve the problem.

Hayden ATF Cooler for Honda, Toyota, Mitsubishi, Mazda, Suzuki, Hyundai, Kia, Etc. for $95 https://carousell.com/p/77991923 on #carousell

I'd be very careful replacing the transmission oil with any third-party product as this may effectively void the manufacturer warranty.

It's not replacing transmission oil, this is to upgrade your current atf cooler to a better one. Just like you change your current speaker to a better one.
↡ Advertisement