Kia Carens 2015: all new 7-seater arrives

yo2020

Turbocharged

attachicon.gifMiddleRow3.jpg

In a way, I felt that the cabin air circulation and cooling flow was somehow inefficiently designed.

Fully agree. The rear air con vent is located too low for proper sir circulation, and also saps power from the front blower

Spray Armor All protectant on the dashboard. It helps to reflect some heat

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

I found that inside the cabin, most of the heat was generated on the dashboard cover. I was really surprised to see 51.3 reading on the infrared handheld thermometer on dashboard cover on a sunny afternoon when I stopped at a traffic junction!

Internal02.jpg

In a way, I felt that the cabin air circulation and cooling flow was somehow inefficiently designed.

I do believe that if the heat on the dashboard cover can be reflected, the residue heat within the cabin will not be so bad.

FYI you can redirect the air flow to the vents position on your dashboard surface if you find it hot. It's there the 3 buttons with the directional arrows. Why not make use of that? You know the little man icon seated down with arrows pointing up, center and down?

The auto function only direct air to blow to your face. You need to override by taking over the controls by doing it manually. You can direct the airflow to all three, of course it will not be that strong, so you need to manually turn up the fan.

Don't assume the auto mode is very smart. It's not. The feedback sensor is situated in the above pic with your aircon functions (see the tiny vent?) That's the only feedback sensor. There's non on your dashboard surface. You are the one who is in control. If you obviously know where is hotter you got to manually direct the airflow there to improve air circulation. Not add this add that when there's already a function to do the job. *facepalm*

If the "auto" function is good there's no need for other buttons and knobs to co-exist with the auto button. They are there for a reason. So try to play around with the functions until you feel that the air circulation is good enough for you.

Edited by Watwheels

actually im pretty gentle with my accelerator since the car quite responsive. the fc u achieve really quite good. is it after some time of use or it is like this since day 1? mine also same as urs sx version.

i just book a Carens sx, really enjoy the responsiveness during test drive

Please share with me the the avg FC so far although might be kind of too late

i just book a Carens sx, really enjoy the responsiveness during test drive

Please share with me the the avg FC so far although might be kind of too late

What's the deal now for Carens SX?

What's the deal now for Carens SX?

I nego for 109999,

-trade in my car

-manage to get 3 years free servicing

-sony media player with reverse cam

-rikecool solar firm

-thinkwave dash-cam

-took UOB loan 2.5%*dont take may bank-*

If u keen can nego for all the accessories

• Praise 1

Nice car but seriously disadvantaged by the 1.7 L diesel engine... a 1.5 or 1.6 would be really nice as it keeps the tax low... otherwise your fuel savings will just help you break even your substantial increase in tax... sigh...

this blocks the pax's airbag. not recommended

yeah interfering with how the passenger seat airbag will deploy. Quite silly to do this just to protect the dashboard  -_-

Nice car but seriously disadvantaged by the 1.7 L diesel engine... a 1.5 or 1.6 would be really nice as it keeps the tax low... otherwise your fuel savings will just help you break even your substantial increase in tax... sigh...

agree. should have petrol version instead

agree. should have petrol version instead

I bought 2 of this car the petrol 2.0 and 1.7 diesel. I travel 1300-1500km per month and I am already saving much more money compare to the petrol. Petrol version consumption is high.

I bought 2 of this car the petrol 2.0 and 1.7 diesel. I travel 1300-1500km per month and I am already saving much more money compare to the petrol. Petrol version consumption is high.

You're comparing a diesel turbo with a normally aspirated petrol... of course the diesel will have much much better consumption... your mileage is very unusual - extremely high so diesel makes complete sense... but for people who do the usual annual 20,000 km per year, then a 1.7 L turbo diesel isn't very attractive... a 1.5 or 1.6 L turbo diesel is much more attractive considering the complete cost calculations.

Otherwise a petrol turbo like a 1.5 L turbo would also be a preferable option.

• Praise 1

1.5k km a mth is only 18k km a yr.

rather low for diesel usage

• Praise 1

1.5k km a mth is only 18k km a yr.

rather low for diesel usage

Yes but I still save money every month.
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

thinking of getting the diesel model. may i know the fc for it?

for those that just bought this, what are the freebies that you got?

thanks in advance

• Praise 1

thinking of getting the diesel model. may i know the fc for it?

for those that just bought this, what are the freebies that you got?

thanks in advance

not too sure about fc 

as for freebies, u can always  nego everything from the list and im sure they will give u as they are sales person and need to hit their target

free servicing is my priority if not the warranty will be meaningless 

• Praise 1

I nego for 109999,

-trade in my car

-manage to get 3 years free servicing

-sony media player with reverse cam

-rikecool solar firm

-thinkwave dash-cam

-took UOB loan 2.5%*dont take may bank-*

If u keen can nego for all the accessories

Sound like a gd deal u gt 4 e SX model.

Do they take-in ur car at $5k trade in's value? Or higher?

Y UOB & nt May-bank? Ani reason?

E mentioned freebies r standard or given per on request?

Like 2 ask gt any issue pump malaysia diesel huh?

Knw tt diesel gt diff grade de. Sg & malaysia de same mah?

You must pump Euro 6 diesel...

↡ Advertisement