Kia Carens 2015: all new 7-seater arrives

yo2020

Wow, most likely you will be getting the stock HU.

Go www.aliexpress.com

Type Kia Carens 2013.

Thinking of getting an Android 6 HU with adaptive parking guide. Our Audio DIN come with CAN Bus, can read steering angle as we have ESC.

C&C std HU for Carens is the SONY HU lor.  I turn down the offer lor, as I don't want them to anyhow cut the DIN Cable.

If you are planning to go outside for servicing, remember to get the low ash, low sulphate EO AECA C3 grade for diesel engine.

Think Giant selling that Turtle brand for Diesel EO for $19.90.

hi all,

just booked 1.7 sx over the weekend.

any idea what is the brand of the headunit that comes with it? I totally overlooked it.

any present owners of 1.7 sx can share how is the maintenance of this car? easy to maintain? any particular thing to look out for ?

got ppl put bodykit? any good accessories can intro?

feel like I cant find much things online for this car.

pls advise. thank you!

↡ Advertisement

Hmmmmm ......... To get that engine warranty, you need to service your car there leh ........ I find the cost unbelievable ....... Heard Change EO and Filter already cost $330 lor ........ somemore it is long long ago price for Petrol Carens. Diesel Carens servicing is even higher, I heard $500 from some forumer lor.

They allow you to cancel deal from Car Expo ?? Within a week ??

I am more worried about the gearbox lor, it is a DCT. It is like a manual car except the gear change is automatic. The driving is slightly different lor. Read the manual carefully as to how to drive the car.

Very rare I see a Uber Carens lor.

Anyway, part cost is reasonable if you buy online lor

www.koraps.com - You need to know the part number before ordering, send by email with your VIN Chassis and Engine Number for verification if you got the right part number, THEN they will sell it to you.

If you go JB with a 4L EO for Diesel Engine from Giant $19.90 + a Filter ($15) + Labour (RM25) = less than $40++ for general servicing lor.

Go race course road, look for Fong Tat, they sell Kia/Hyundai at very reasonable price.

As for overhaul, my current ride also a Carens done 250kkm only. All my ride never do overhaul one, so I cannot advice where to do cheap overhaul lor.

I find Kia a very OK Brand lor, ZERO breakdown all these 10 years lor.

Collecting my new Carens U2 1.7L (RP) next week.

Hi

Need help

I just book a carens lat week at expo

I bought this car is for Uber , everyday need to drive for 400km. Now I am abit regret. Did I make the right choice or shall I go buy a second hand old car (petrol) bal 1-2 yeas?

Kia engine warranty only 10 years or 200k

I drive 400km a day less than 2 years how? Where to do overhaul cheap?

Also need check.

Where to do services cheap n good?

Kia parts expensive?

Thank bro.

Andy

Did you have any free servicing ?

Their servicing packages are always expensive.

In general. Kia cars do not have many issues.

Yes. 1 year (1K/10K/20K) only as it is Ungtd COE + $500 service credit.

Heard Diesel package $500 lor ...... I can do general servicing every month for the whole year lor.

Already start to stock up servicing component lor, just in case ........ heeee

Did you have any free servicing ?
Their servicing packages are always expensive.
In general. Kia cars do not have many issues.

Wow, most likely you will be getting the stock HU.

Go www.aliexpress.com

Type Kia Carens 2013.

Thinking of getting an Android 6 HU with adaptive parking guide. Our Audio DIN come with CAN Bus, can read steering angle as we have ESC.

C&C std HU for Carens is the SONY HU lor.  I turn down the offer lor, as I don't want them to anyhow cut the DIN Cable.

If you are planning to go outside for servicing, remember to get the low ash, low sulphate EO AECA C3 grade for diesel engine.

Think Giant selling that Turtle brand for Diesel EO for $19.90.

thanks! but u know what is the model of the sony HU ?i cant seem to find it anywhere online. is it the one shown in sony website?

anyway i think have to stick with them for servicing cos of the warranty..

i saw you all indicated the servicing is around 500+ .. its for a year or each servicing?

mine only free 1 year servicing.

just to survey.. what is the cheapest insurance rate that u all get ?

The model number is listed on the reverse side of the pricelist.

I heard 500+ per servicing, cheaper if you take a 1~2 year package. 

When going to do your free 1 year servicing, remember to tell them explicitly not to do any service that will result in additional cost.  To call H/P for approval, in the event, you are unable to contact me. To proceed with the usual servicing as stipulated in the 1 year servicing package.

If not you sure need to pay money for the free servicing.  I ever kenna 300++ servicing but end up paying 500+ because of Engine Flush and Engine Treatment Solution lor.

I prefer Income, paying $663 now for current Carens.  About 700+ for new Carens.

thanks! but u know what is the model of the sony HU ?i cant seem to find it anywhere online. is it the one shown in sony website?

anyway i think have to stick with them for servicing cos of the warranty..

i saw you all indicated the servicing is around 500+ .. its for a year or each servicing?

mine only free 1 year servicing.

just to survey.. what is the cheapest insurance rate that u all get ?

post-170907-0-01085800-1509609846_thumb.jpg

The model number is listed on the reverse side of the pricelist.

I heard 500+ per servicing, cheaper if you take a 1~2 year package. 

When going to do your free 1 year servicing, remember to tell them explicitly not to do any service that will result in additional cost.  To call H/P for approval, in the event, you are unable to contact me. To proceed with the usual servicing as stipulated in the 1 year servicing package.

If not you sure need to pay money for the free servicing.  I ever kenna 300++ servicing but end up paying 500+ because of Engine Flush and Engine Treatment Solution lor.

I prefer Income, paying $663 now for current Carens.  About 700+ for new Carens.

Thanks! got it!

there is a fb page, requested by no one accept me yet. lol..

any forum or group to share more info on this car?

Hmmm ....... there are only about 1K Carens Diesel Owner lor, not sure if a FB group is required.

I am glad to inform you that we are more rare than Mercedes lor ....... haha .....

If you can see one, you ought to buy 4D with it  ...... heeeee.

Thanks! got it!

there is a fb page, requested by no one accept me yet. lol..

any forum or group to share more info on this car?

not too sure about fc 

as for freebies, u can always  nego everything from the list and im sure they will give u as they are sales person and need to hit their target

free servicing is my priority if not the warranty will be meaningless 

sorry but busy lately, my fc is 6.7L per 100KM ( on ECO mode 95% of my drive )

Today is dekitting day for my Carens.  Took out the Strut Bar and HID Fog light. The HU will be done on the eve of transfer.

Anyone install a strut bar for the New Carens ?

Maybe I just install it, if it fit as the New Carens front is also a Macpherson Strut.  Or for aesthetic purposes, since it is FREE.

post-170907-0-74158000-1509873930_thumb.jpg

Edited by Apple-Tree

sorry but busy lately, my fc is 6.7L per 100KM ( on ECO mode 95% of my drive )

I am unsure how you managed to achieve 15km/l on a heavyweight MPV that weighs 1650kg (heavier than a Mercedes E250 saloon). The onboard reading might not be accurate, even in ECO mode.

Did you try to use the conventional method to calculate fuel consumption - take km travelled divided by litres pumped

I am unsure how you managed to achieve 15km/l on a heavyweight MPV that weighs 1650kg (heavier than a Mercedes E250 saloon). The onboard reading might not be accurate, even in ECO mode.

Did you try to use the conventional method to calculate fuel consumption - take km travelled divided by litres pumped

Bro... diesel lar... not petrol engine...

Collected my Carens today.  Hmmmm ......... drove around, the GB not that smooth like when I drove the TD.

The manual said it takes up to 1500km to optimize and break-in the DCT GB.

post-170907-0-32073700-1510232898_thumb.jpg

Today is the first got chance to expressway without jam 

Home -> PIE -> MCE -> AYE -> Office.  Reset FC at Home, so the whole trip to office.  5.9L/100km, Party of 3

Office -> West Coast HW -> MCE -> ECP -> MIL.  Reset FC at office, so the whole trip to office.  5.2L/100km Party of 2 then 8

A point to note when coming out of ECP the FC is 4.9L/100km.

I use Cruise Control, ECO, ~80km/h  ba .....

Over the weekend, in jam, small road, 8 people get about 8L/100km.

post-170907-0-45855100-1510573527_thumb.jpg

post-170907-0-55359100-1510573638_thumb.jpg

post-170907-0-04118700-1510573744_thumb.jpg

I am driving petrol version. A quick Qtn.

When my car is on Driving Gear with aircon on while on stationary mode, i can feel vibration through my car seat to my headrest. Is this normal as KIA technician told me is normal??

The vibration goes away if i off the air con or engage to Neutral gear.  

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1