New Ford Mondeo

Suhaimiebrahim

I think some of us prefer leather (regardless of real or synthetic) because it's just easier to clean after spilling a drink on it. I drove a rental car previously with fabric seats and spilled an entire cup of coffee on the driver seat. The coffee soaked through the fabric and into the foam below. I could smell "aromatic" coffee in the car for the whole week after that. I can't even imagine the kind of organisms that might have started to breed in the foam. For parents with young babies, spilling of milk is a certain and regular occurrence in the car, especially when going on road trips. Coffee might still smell ok, but spoilt milk in your fabric seats is simply nauseating.

↡ Advertisement

Just sent in to fix a wet carpet at drive floor issue.

was told that it is due to some factory installation problem with the aircon duct / hose.

need to send car back again and have to leave it there for 2 days to dry the carpet.

What a disappointment

total downtime: 3 days

sad to hear. yours is 1.5 or 2.0?

I suppose they provide you a replacement car?

Neutral Newbie

sad to hear. yours is 1.5 or 2.0?

I suppose they provide you a replacement car?

mine is 1.5L. Sadly, no replacement car provided.

Woah! 3 days downtime and no courtesy car when it's their fault for the wet carpet... and it takes 3 days to fix it? That's rather inefficient leh...

Neutral Newbie

Woah! 3 days downtime and no courtesy car when it's their fault for the wet carpet... and it takes 3 days to fix it? That's rather inefficient leh...

1 day to fix. 2 days to dry.

1 day to fix. 2 days to dry.

Still not acceptable cos they were negligent in fixing the aircon hose... they have to make good... not like you bumped the car and you needed them to fix it. And even then insurance workshops also provide courtesy cars... I know Citroen does provide if it's 3 days...

Neutral Newbie

You are driving a Mk III or Mk IV Mondeo? The leather peeling issue has cropped up only on some new 2.0L 2015 Mk Vs, so I don't think you need to worry about yours.

mine is the one before face lift. Collected on dec 13. Not sure if iii or iv.

I went to take a look at the 'local leather' last week. It is the same as the 1.5 model on display but in my opinion, the quality of the 'local leather' is not comparable to the factory fitted original leather. I would rather wait for the solution from factory, hopefully may takes a few more months to resolve. In my opinion, i think the new Toyota Carmy 2.5L offered better quality of leather then what RM is offering now. [smash]

Really ? I think Carmy is the most overrated car in this century and definitely not worth the price tag

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Really ? I think Carmy is the most overrated car in this century and definitely not worth the price tag

Over rated or not, that's irrelevant if we are simply comparing the quality of the local upholstery and Regent is providing an inferior job.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

actually mondeo design is very nice... it reminds me the ford fusion i drove for a week nearly 2 years ago at states... even until today, the design is still very nice........ [thumbsup] 

post-3324-0-54199300-1460968711_thumb.jpg

post-3324-0-34590500-1460968717_thumb.jpg 

actually mondeo design is very nice... it reminds me the ford fusion i drove for a week nearly 2 years ago at states... even until today, the design is still very nice........ [thumbsup]

IMAG3848.jpg

IMAG3844.jpg

Arent they the same car? I remember reading somewhere the mondeo is the delayed fusion becos they have to change the factory
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

attachicon.gifIMAG3848.jpg

attachicon.gifIMAG3844.jpg

Arent they the same car? I remember reading somewhere the mondeo is the delayed fusion becos they have to change the factory

It is the same body after all.

However the Fusion is for the American territories, the Mondeo is the rest-of-world car. Mondeos are produced in Valencia while Fusions are made in America.

Mondeos use some different components in the chassis/suspension I think and feature some different options/specs not found in Fusion (such as the Dynamic LED headlamps) and notably use a different instrument panel.

Edited by 7hm

It is the same body after all.

However the Fusion is for the American territories, the Mondeo is the rest-of-world car. Mondeos are produced in Valencia while Fusions are made in America.

Mondeos use some different components in the chassis/suspension I think and feature some different options/specs not found in Fusion (such as the Dynamic LED headlamps) and notably use a different instrument panel.

Would just like to add that the Fusion was conceived as a world car. However when the Europeans took it on as the Mondeo the German engineers reworked the suspension and improved the car for the European market. So I would say the Mondeo is better than the Fusion. In the American market though they have a AWD version which I had hoped we could have had too. Not sure if there is AWD version in Europe. I saw it in Brazil.

Mondeo is handsome, no doubt.

But also no denying is the ageing side profile.

Not quite... still looks sleek and relevant today... it's a timeless design... much like the 2002 Mondeo...

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Not quite... still looks sleek and relevant today... it's a timeless design... much like the 2002 Mondeo...

With features like one piece rear windows and rear quarter glass, sleek fastback-like roofline and strong yet simple character lines, I do agree that the Mondeo has one pretty profile. It's just the rear end that is showing its age, imo.

↡ Advertisement