New Ford Mondeo

Suhaimiebrahim

It appears the 1.5 dun have the twin chrome exhaust or is that a aftermarket addon.

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

It appears the 1.5 dun have the twin chrome exhaust or is that a aftermarket addon.

1.5L only has a single downward facing exhaust. Only 2.0L EcoBoosts have the garnished twin chrome exhaust extension that is integrated into the rear lip.

Turbocharged
(edited)

Anyone having a dim LED in your DRLs?

N70gMmQ.png

2017 Fusion has become available stateside. For Mondeo, it means a new face and new tail light design and changes to interior layout.

Likely, Mondeo will also get Glare Free Highbeam which debuted on the S-Max. Also, expect the improved 2.0L engine that showed up in the Edge to be in the Fusion/Mondeo

fsn17_pg_007_ext_lg.jpg

fsn17_pg_020_ext_lg.jpg

Edited by 7hm

Will this version of the Ford Fusion ever make it (as a Mondeo) to Singapore?

-  2.7 litre V6 turbo engine

-  4 wheel drive

-  325 bhp

"Aim the 2.7-liter EcoBoost cannon at BMW, and the torque output of the previous-generation BMW M5 is matched by your dad’s next company car."

http://www.automobilemag.com/news/2017-ford-fusion-sport-puts-enormous-380-lb-ft-torque/

"Yes, the Fusion is finally worthy of its Sport badging, thanks to its 2.7-liter, twin-turbocharged V6. That's five more horsepower and 50 more pound-feet than a BMW 340i."

http://www.autoblog.com/2016/06/09/2017-ford-fusion-sport-380-lb-ft/

"Considering the Fusion’s reputation for sporty performance, it’s no surprise that Ford turned up the dial on the Fusion V6 Sport. A 2.7 liter V6 uses Ford’s EcoBoost twin-turbo system to provide 325 horsepower. Coupled with all-wheel drive, the Fusion V6 Sport is throwing down numbers deep into true sports-sedan territory. The Fusion V6 Sport also includes an active suspension that even includes a pothole detection system to reduce the impact of unexpected divots in the road."

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/ford/2017-ford-fusion-ar168898.html#main

• Praise 1

The E-Class doesn't come close to:

-  4 wheel drive

-  325 bhp

and go 0-100 kph in under 6 sec.

Twincharged

- 2.7 litre V6 turbo engine

- 4 wheel drive

- 325 bhp

Regardless. They will be hard pressed to move any units. Will buy an e class anytime. In the end it's business, whatever sells wins, not what is perceived to be better by some.

One good example is the Hyundai Genesis. How many were sold in the end. In the Singapore market, don't waste time la.

• Praise 2

Regardless. They will be hard pressed to move any units. Will buy an e class anytime. In the end it's business, whatever sells wins, not what is perceived to be better by some.

One good example is the Hyundai Genesis. How many were sold in the end. In the Singapore market, don't waste time la.

Agreed, but I think Genesis sales was better than expected. Dont expect the Honda Legend to have more than 3 orders till they decide to remove from listing though.

-  4 wheel drive

-  325 bhp

In Singapore, the badge wins everything lah. The rest just need to be average or near can liao.

People don't go wow when they find out your brand new Ford can go 0-100km/h in under 6s haha.

2 to 1.5 back to 2, wonder will we get the 1.0?

Doubt so, if Im not wrong, the mondeo/ fusion, is not even fitted with 1.0 engine else where.

In Singapore, the badge wins everything lah. The rest just need to be average or near can liao.

People don't go wow when they find out your brand new Ford can go 0-100km/h in under 6s haha.

Exactly my sentiments... it's badge snobbery basically.
  • Praise 1

Doubt so, if Im not wrong, the mondeo/ fusion, is not even fitted with 1.0 engine else where.

Dude... you need to read more...

http://www.topgear.com/car-reviews/ford/mondeo/10-ecoboost-titanium-5dr/first-drive

The 1.0 EcoBoost engine is an engineering marvel. Every manufacturer is moving to streamline the number of engines and boosting the variants by different amounts to differentiate the cars in different categories... Mercedes has been doing it for a while now.

I was told that 1.5T will no longer selling in SG. RM will bring in 2.0T model only.

It's suicide actually... very few will buy the 2.0 L EcoBoost... especially at these COE prices... anyone who can afford $150,000 will have many options, especially parallel imported Mercedes C class or BMW 3 series.

Dude... you need to read more...

http://www.topgear.com/car-reviews/ford/mondeo/10-ecoboost-titanium-5dr/first-drive

The 1.0 EcoBoost engine is an engineering marvel. Every manufacturer is moving to streamline the number of engines and boosting the variants by different amounts to differentiate the cars in different categories... Mercedes has been doing it for a while now.

It's suicide actually... very few will buy the 2.0 L EcoBoost... especially at these COE prices... anyone who can afford $150,000 will have many options, especially parallel imported Mercedes C class or BMW 3 series.

Wow. Haha. But I doubt the sales will be good for the 1.0 unless it's really cheap. People who wants to buy a 1 litre car wouldnt be looking for a large one like the mondeo. The only market left is people who wants the buy a large car but wouldnt mind a 1litre engine.

I believe this is how our market will react. There must be a reason why they bring back the 2.0 after they replaced it with the 1.5.

Anyone having a dim LED in your DRLs?

2017 Fusion has become available stateside. For Mondeo, it means a new face and new tail light design and changes to interior layout.

Likely, Mondeo will also get Glare Free Highbeam which debuted on the S-Max. Also, expect the improved 2.0L engine that showed up in the Edge to be in the Fusion/Mondeo

Hmmm.. Dim LED, not that I have spotted any yet. Will go check it out when it is dark.

you reckon can make a claim with RM on this one?

No it will never make it here. Cos it will cost you enough to buy a Mercedes E class.

Agree that the chance is low. But I do hope it makes it here (cause I will be very interested) granted that the demand will be low, mainly because of badge snobbery.

Pricing wise, I do not think it will be in the same bracket as the E class although it may come close. What this mean is that only people who can see pass the badge and recognize the difference between paying for brand or paying for actual performance that are measurable.

I beg to differ on this.

When news broke that the 1.5 will replace the 2.0 here, what I heard myself from frens and also from the RM SE is that those sitting on the fence were pretty upset. i.e. the 2.0 is much preferred.

I think it is because of the price positioning of the 1.5 and 2.0 relative to its specs. The 2.0 is fully loaded to match or exceed brands/models but it cost 20-40K cheaper. The 1.5 on the other hand, have its spec downgraded but it is only 10-15K cheaper than the 2.0. I think RM have gotten totally wrong on this.

As for $150K budget, yes, it could get you entry level Merc or BMW. Come on, the truth is the amount can only get you a 'poverty package' of their offering. I fully recognize their premium status as car manufacturer and that earn them the right to charge for their badge. But that's about it. Paying for the brand and what they stand for. Make no mistake, I think their build quality and drive etc are fantastic. Once I earn enuff in the future, I am sure I will buy either. Just not their entry level poverty packages. :)

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4