New Ford Mondeo

Suhaimiebrahim

Could it be your shades in the overhead storage? I figured that out in my experience.

Another sound you might hear is when driving fast under rain. I hear the left side like something flapping within the door. I think this is a water trapped in between the doors and the slipstream whips it about in that space. The sound disappears when the rain stops.

Thanks for your reply. It's not from the overhead storage. The sound is definitely coming from the left side area and it sounds like it's not internal.

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

Thanks for your reply. It's not from the overhead storage. The sound is definitely coming from the left side area and it sounds like it's not internal.

I seem to have occasionally got a rattling sound (especially when going over bumps) that I have never been able to pinpoint. It typically sounds like it comes from just above the left passenger seat.

At one point it turned out to the device holder nested in my cupholder, another time it was just the trinkets or mint tin in my storage tray and yet another time it mysteriously vanished after a car wash.

[confused]

I seem to have occasionally got a rattling sound (especially when going over bumps) that I have never been able to pinpoint. It typically sounds like it comes from just above the left passenger seat.

At one point it turned out to the device holder nested in my cupholder, another time it was just the trinkets or mint tin in my storage tray and yet another time it mysteriously vanished after a car wash.

[confused]

My rattling sound also comes from somewhere at the front left passenger area, and the sound comes mostly when I am at lower gears in a slower speed and when the road is bumpy. It doesn't sound muffled so I can rule out internal parts being loose. I like to keep my cabin clean, so I don't put anything on the dashboard (except the car cam). The Mondeo cabin is quiet by my standards as I am on normal tyres and this rattling sound drives me nuts. I am trying to find a long stretch of rough road so that I can get a friend to sit in the front and help me pinpoint the source.

I don't have much high hopes bringing it in to Regent Motors to troubleshoot cause I think their workshop is crap. If this is an inherent manufacturing defect, I hope to be able to find the problem, so that the rest of the Mondeo owners will be able to benefit from this lesson

Could be the connecting wires behind ur head unit.

Could be also. If I still can't figure out where it comes from, I'll have to ask Regent Motors to troubleshoot it when I bring it down to service soon. Will update you guys then. Thanks, and also to Teik, 7hm for your suggestions too.

Turbocharged

The Mondeo cabin is quiet by my standards as I am on normal tyres and this rattling sound drives me nuts. I am trying to find a long stretch of rough road so that I can get a friend to sit in the front and help me pinpoint the source.

Same! Since it's so quiet normally and I usually pay attention to noise levels (I actually find the tyre/road noise in the car louder than I like!), hearing a rattly noise gets me worked up. I have yet to find a be-all-end-all explanation, because it's intermittent (haven't noticed it lately), but that time a car wash got rid of it I could only assume it was maybe some sort of stuck debris that got removed by the wash...

Same! Since it's so quiet normally and I usually pay attention to noise levels (I actually find the tyre/road noise in the car louder than I like!), hearing a rattly noise gets me worked up. I have yet to find a be-all-end-all explanation, because it's intermittent (haven't noticed it lately), but that time a car wash got rid of it I could only assume it was maybe some sort of stuck debris that got removed by the wash...

Yes that's the thing about this Mondeo. It is really quiet on the road. Quite a few of my friends who drive other contis have commented on this too. Try to stay with the Michelin tyres too to enjoy the pleasure. When I changed my tires last year a shop recommended Yokohama which are fitted on lexus. That's what the guy said anyway. But it was noisy so I swapped back to the equivalent Michelin tyres available here. Much better and quieter ride. I've been spoilt.

Turbocharged

Yes that's the thing about this Mondeo. It is really quiet on the road. Quite a few of my friends who drive other contis have commented on this too. Try to stay with the Michelin tyres too to enjoy the pleasure. When I changed my tires last year a shop recommended Yokohama which are fitted on lexus. That's what the guy said anyway. But it was noisy so I swapped back to the equivalent Michelin tyres available here. Much better and quieter ride. I've been spoilt.

I'm actually considering trying to get ahold of some latest generation P-Zeroes. Based on label information I can find they're allegedly 2~4dB quieter than Primacy 3 (which is a rather old design by now) and more fuel efficient  [crazy]

But other than what I consider as displeasing noise intrusion from said Michelins (which I consider above the mid line of quiet but not the extreme end of quiet), I've been finding them quite satisfactory.

Other tyres been considering include Continental or maybe just heck care about noise/efficiency and go with PS4  [idea]   [laugh]

Mine came with 17" Goodyear efficient grip. Its quiet enough for me. Going to have to change tyres soon and I'm thinking of changing to 18" rims with Goodyear A3. Good or bad choice? I am looking at a balance between grip and noise

I'm actually considering trying to get ahold of some latest generation P-Zeroes. Based on label information I can find they're allegedly 2~4dB quieter than Primacy 3 (which is a rather old design by now) and more fuel efficient  [crazy]

But other than what I consider as displeasing noise intrusion from said Michelins (which I consider above the mid line of quiet but not the extreme end of quiet), I've been finding them quite satisfactory.

Other tyres been considering include Continental or maybe just heck care about noise/efficiency and go with PS4  [idea]   [laugh]

Mine came with 17" Goodyear efficient grip. Its quiet enough for me. Going to have to change tyres soon and I'm thinking of changing to 18" rims with Goodyear A3. Good or bad choice? I am looking at a balance between grip and noise

Hi, i changed my rims to 18 too. Came with 16. Look so darn small. Using bs turanza gr 100 now. Really quiet. I think goodyear a3 is a sports tyre, better grip. Efficient grip is quieter.

Im thinking of pirelli cinturato p7 next, supposedly a premium touring tyre

Hi, i changed my rims to 18 too. Came with 16. Look so darn small. Using bs turanza gr 100 now. Really quiet. I think goodyear a3 is a sports tyre, better grip. Efficient grip is quieter.

Im thinking of pirelli cinturato p7 next, supposedly a premium touring tyre

How much was the top-up when you changed? Traded in your 16" rims I assume? New trade-in or what? Thanks!

How much was the top-up when you changed? Traded in your 16" rims I assume? New trade-in or what? Thanks!

Was 2200 rim+tyre before trade in. Paid 1500 after trade in. Yup all new. Original tyre was about 2 mth old

Was 2200 rim+tyre before trade in. Paid 1500 after trade in. Yup all new. Original tyre was about 2 mth old

Wow! That's really expensive... thankfully my car came with 18 inch rims... I'm probably 18 months away from having to change tires... getting cold sweat thinking about how much those will cost... your 16 inch rims and tires only worth $700 on trade-in...

Wow! That's really expensive... thankfully my car came with 18 inch rims... I'm probably 18 months away from having to change tires... getting cold sweat thinking about how much those will cost... your 16 inch rims and tires only worth $700 on trade-in...

I think yours is the 2l version. I guess a decent brand tyre cost abt 200 each. So u could be looking at 800 in total. I ask around. Seems like trade in price range is about that amount.

Turbocharged

I think yours is the 2l version. I guess a decent brand tyre cost abt 200 each. So u could be looking at 800 in total. I ask around. Seems like trade in price range is about that amount.

His a Sonata VII, but I think those do come with 18 inch rims. Performance tyres these days do seem to be 200+ each these days.

His a Sonata VII, but I think those do come with 18 inch rims. Performance tyres these days do seem to be 200+ each these days.

Very siong leh... ha ha ha...
  • Praise 1

You traded in your original rims at Regent Motors? When I change rims, I'm not expecting anything much for my original rims anyway cause they are not common size (PCD 5 x 108), so, I think they don't have much value

Turbocharged

You traded in your original rims at Regent Motors? When I change rims, I'm not expecting anything much for my original rims anyway cause they are not common size (PCD 5 x 108), so, I think they don't have much value

Believe sam's are some third party rims, but I wouldn't be surprised if Ford rims don't have much value here

↡ Advertisement