New Ford Mondeo

Suhaimiebrahim

When it comes to resolving rattling, i have good experience. Having sent my car to C&C more than 5-8 times just for rattles, I can say it takes time to troubleshoot and pinpoint all these irritating sound. I had rattle coming on only at speed above 100km/hr and it took 4-5 trips to C&C including one test drive in expressway just to troubleshoot. Eventually, it was resolved. Other rattle inside the cabin, there isn't much luck though sometimes, i did identify exactly by pulling wires and covering with clothes and rattle gone. Told them how i did it and they insulated with no luck.

Yes, rattles on quiet cabin can drive anyone crazy. We paid much to enjoy serene environment but yet rattles disturb it.

↡ Advertisement

Great, seems like most of you guys here share my same sentiment. Then at least I know I am not a nit picker as my wife seems to put it. She says 'What's the big deal? its just a bit of sound only mah'. Haha.

When it comes to resolving rattling, i have good experience. Having sent my car to C&C more than 5-8 times just for rattles, I can say it takes time to troubleshoot and pinpoint all these irritating sound. I had rattle coming on only at speed above 100km/hr and it took 4-5 trips to C&C including one test drive in expressway just to troubleshoot. Eventually, it was resolved. Other rattle inside the cabin, there isn't much luck though sometimes, i did identify exactly by pulling wires and covering with clothes and rattle gone. Told them how i did it and they insulated with no luck.

Yes, rattles on quiet cabin can drive anyone crazy. We paid much to enjoy serene environment but yet rattles disturb it.

Anyway, when I change my rims, I'll keep my original rims. Don't want to trade in to the tyre shop (since they'll most likely give me zero for it). If any of you guys need original Ford Mondeo 17" rims in the future, I'll be more than happy to pass it to any of you.

Believe sam's are some third party rims, but I wouldn't be surprised if Ford rims don't have much value here

Neutral Newbie

Great, seems like most of you guys here share my same sentiment. Then at least I know I am not a nit picker as my wife seems to put it. She says 'What's the big deal? its just a bit of sound only mah'. Haha.

Anyway, when I change my rims, I'll keep my original rims. Don't want to trade in to the tyre shop (since they'll most likely give me zero for it). If any of you guys need original Ford Mondeo 17" rims in the future, I'll be more than happy to pass it to any of you.

Hi,

Is it creaking or rattling sound? The chassis of the Mondeo can flex quite a fair bit when going through uneven road.

Can get creaking sound on the door seal especially the rear, and the front dashboard inserts, headunit mounting area

Yup, i got mine from outside shop. Was told 5x108 pcd was only used by a few car brands (ford, volvo and jaguar). Can imagine hard to resell.

Did check with RM on rim change. Even my sales exec advise me it's cheaper to change outside, haha. 

His a Sonata VII, but I think those do come with 18 inch rims. Performance tyres these days do seem to be 200+ each these days.

I paid 320 for the Michelin premacy 3. Is this too much? Where to get good value for tyres plus nitrogen?

Hi guys, glad to see some activity on this thread.

I recently booked a mondeo and should be collecting my ride soon. Can't wait!

Are there any whatsapp or facebook group for Mondeo or Ford owners?

[:)]

welcome to being a ford owner, enjoy ur 2l turbo engine! what color did u choose?

there is a ford club on facebook, Ford club Singapore

Believe sam's are some third party rims, but I wouldn't be surprised if Ford rims don't have much value here

I thought usually original factory fitted rims are of pretty good quality... so they will have good value...

I paid 320 for the Michelin premacy 3. Is this too much? Where to get good value for tyres plus nitrogen?

Wow! That's really an eye-watering sum for tires... I'm using Kumho Solus now at 245/45/18 for my Sonata... not sure how much they cost... but I asked for Michelin Pilot Sport 3 and Yokohama Advan from Autobacs before and I was quoted $375 and $350 respectively I think... that was last year around this time... I was told the tires were made in France and Italy respectively... really not sure if I should pay so much... and these were the only two brands that carry exactly the same size as my current tires...

I'm also looking at Hankook which also carries this size. I think these are cheaper... below $300...

Seriously not many options at this size...

Keecow

Its a rattling sound. It sounds like some small plastic part is loose and rattles with vibration kind of sound.

Creaking sound got, it comes from the suspension everytime I sit my fat ass in the car... [laugh]

Hi,

Is it creaking or rattling sound? The chassis of the Mondeo can flex quite a fair bit when going through uneven road.

Can get creaking sound on the door seal especially the rear, and the front dashboard inserts, headunit mounting area

teomingern

you can check out http://www.tyrepac.com. Their prices should be cheaper. You order from them, then specify which shop to send the tyres to and then pay the shop extra for the fitment charges. Overall it's still cheaper. I've done it before

Wow! That's really an eye-watering sum for tires... I'm using Kumho Solus now at 245/45/18 for my Sonata... not sure how much they cost... but I asked for Michelin Pilot Sport 3 and Yokohama Advan from Autobacs before and I was quoted $375 and $350 respectively I think... that was last year around this time... I was told the tires were made in France and Italy respectively... really not sure if I should pay so much... and these were the only two brands that carry exactly the same size as my current tires...

I'm also looking at Hankook which also carries this size. I think these are cheaper... below $300...

245/45/18 is quite common. I'm using 225/45/18 and was quoted 210 for toyo tyres, quiet and comfortable

So i guess for your size, wont be too far off.

245/45/18 is quite common. I'm using 225/45/18 and was quoted 210 for toyo tyres, quiet and comfortable

So i guess for your size, wont be too far off.

Hope to have good grip as well... I used to use Pirelli Dragon on my Subaru Impreza - those were really good... quiet with excellent grip even in standing water. This set of Kumho Solus not so good... just looking for best balance... and not so expensive... my tire size only have ultra high performance tires... so cost is an issue...

teomingern

you can check out http://www.tyrepac.com. Their prices should be cheaper. You order from them, then specify which shop to send the tyres to and then pay the shop extra for the fitment charges. Overall it's still cheaper. I've done it before

Thanks for the tip...

Turbocharged

Yup, i got mine from outside shop. Was told 5x108 pcd was only used by a few car brands (ford, volvo and jaguar). Can imagine hard to resell.

Did check with RM on rim change. Even my sales exec advise me it's cheaper to change outside, haha. 

Huh, all the brands that were under the Ford umbrella back then. 

Admittedly though I like the original Ford rims designs, I actually quite fond of the 20 spoke that came on the 2.0Ls

Just don't like washing them  :a-m1524:

I haven't found a place I'm sure of either. $320 sounds kinda steep for the Primacy 3... I was expecting those to be slightly under $300. I was quoted around that much for PZ4 at one point.

But I remember having seen some high end tyres for ~$400!

It doesn't help that our tyre size is considered a bit unusual. I recall being told to widen to 240 or 245. I find that fishy.

Welcome to the club, a rather exclusive one out here, haha.

Right now there's no ongoing whatsapp group from our members here but as mentioned there is fordclub facebook.

Keecow

Its a rattling sound. It sounds like some small plastic part is loose and rattles with vibration kind of sound.

Creaking sound got, it comes from the suspension everytime I sit my fat ass in the car... [laugh]

So far I don't seem to have those kind of noises... Suspension noise only when going over big bumps, the plok plok kind of sound 

As for your creaking noise, sounds like you are aware it's not the car...  [laugh]

teomingern

Thanks for the tip...

Turbocharged
(edited)

I thought usually original factory fitted rims are of pretty good quality... so they will have good value...

They're well made alloy rims (but I think they're probably on the heavy side), yep, and the 2.0L models are well designed with a two-tone look and clear lacquer coat, but out here there hardly seems to be a resale market for them to begin with. Low demand probably means low value, especially since we're not talking about rims that came off a Rolls Royce or something...  :wacko:

Edited by 7hm

welcome to being a ford owner, enjoy ur 2l turbo engine! what color did u choose?

there is a ford club on facebook, Ford club Singapore

wanted race red but unfortunately not available in that.

settled for ruby red. [:p]

So Mondeo uses the in house 6sp powershift GB which is essentially a dual clutch GB.

Any comments?

↡ Advertisement