New Ford Mondeo

Suhaimiebrahim

bro how's the Mz6 2.0 FC in the real world?

Am getting around 8.7 litre / 100km = 11.5km/ litre.

Using 95 fuel and am rather lead footed, 40%% highway/ 60% city estimated.

Some of the boys in the Mazda 6 SkyActiv SG club are getting better figures with 98 and more patient driving style. hehe.

↡ Advertisement

I tested the Mondeo yesterday. Must say i am very impressed with the equiment, power and delivery. Funny thing is, it only comes with white factory fitted leather seats. Was offered 162k 6 bids but dont have the colour i want. Was told the next shipment may take place end this yr or early next yr.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
(edited)

still trying to decide on whether to book the Mondeo... the car seems good value, yet the deal itself doesn't seem good. And it's still, technically, pricey.

I tested the Mondeo yesterday. Must say i am very impressed with the equiment, power and delivery. Funny thing is, it only comes with white factory fitted leather seats. Was offered 162k 6 bids but dont have the colour i want. Was told the next shipment may take place end this yr or early next yr.

if they really want to move the car more they should have brought in a dark-toned seats, like dark blue, or dark brown, or grey, or just the traditional black... with contrast stitch.

They offer local reupholstery in black, but for $1k, find it poor offer. And this is even weirder because black is the standard color in every other market the Mondeo is in... beige is not a safe color to market.

Edited by 7hm

still trying to decide on whether to book the Mondeo... the car seems good value, yet the deal itself doesn't seem good. And it's still, technically, pricey.

if they really want to move the car more they should have brought in a dark-toned seats, like dark blue, or dark brown, or grey, or just the traditional black... with contrast stitch.

They offer local reupholstery in black, but for $1k, find it poor offer. And this is even weirder because black is the standard color in every other market the Mondeo is in... beige is not a safe color to market.

Did you look into the Sync 2 obsolescence issue - i.e. the unpopular Microsoft system we get has now been replaced by Blackberry? Deal breaker for me I have to say as there'd be no upgrade path for a car I'd want to keep for > 5 years and you'd be reminded every day that you've got an old, laggy unsupported IT system.

Shame as I think it's a solid car otherwise, although the Singapore price is so painful relative to what our cousins pay in Europe.

Sync 3 is unlikely to arrive here this yr, so unless one can wait. If i get mondeo, i will only be using the screen for aircon, radio, unlikely to rely it for hp functions. I.e. impt factors to me are power, safety, drive, handling, not so much e sync gadget.

Was told the whole 1st batch came with this colour only. Suspect they cant find enough buyers in uk choosing the colour. Impression from SE is sg only gets residue stocks due to the small no. of ford sold here.

Turbocharged

Did you look into the Sync 2 obsolescence issue - i.e. the unpopular Microsoft system we get has now been replaced by Blackberry? Deal breaker for me I have to say as there'd be no upgrade path for a car I'd want to keep for > 5 years and you'd be reminded every day that you've got an old, laggy unsupported IT system.

Shame as I think it's a solid car otherwise, although the Singapore price is so painful relative to what our cousins pay in Europe.

Not a deal breaker for me. The version of SYNC2 on Mondeo is the definitive one and is reasonably responsive and capable.

Sync 3 is unlikely to arrive here this yr, so unless one can wait. If i get mondeo, i will only be using the screen for aircon, radio, unlikely to rely it for hp functions. I.e. impt factors to me are power, safety, drive, handling, not so much e sync gadget.

I will still use it for Bluetooth connectivity, calling and streaming. It does all of those well enough, while the air-con and music player can be controlled via buttons still. ...Also, the SYNC 3 system has a white color scheme, which I don't like, though that's also not a deal breaker in itself.

7hm, which other cars are you considering? I dont seem to find any comparable with Mondeo in sg. Although hyundai sonata, vw passat are considered as comparable in uk/aus. However, sg doesnt have the variant or model here. Sonata here is much lower power while vw here is no longer passat, pending the arrival of new model.

Turbocharged
(edited)

7hm, which other cars are you considering? I dont seem to find any comparable with Mondeo in sg. Although hyundai sonata, vw passat are considered as comparable in uk/aus. However, sg doesnt have the variant or model here. Sonata here is much lower power while vw here is no longer passat, pending the arrival of new model.

VW Passat B8 (the latest one that haven't arrive here) was my first choice till I heard about Mondeo arriving here. MZ6 is also comparable, likely the closest competitor due to equipment, price and handling, but since I am looking at practicality oriented cars, Hyundai i40 estate is also on my personal list (but family don't like it).

Family likes Audi/Merc rather than Ford, but think they more inclined to pre-owned. Problem is pre-owned market now is priced so high. BMW F30 is also being considered, but not sure how reliable they are.

On cheaper side of spectrum I thinking of KIA Forte or MZ3.

Overall Mondeo has the most boxes ticked for me. I am the type who prefers sort of unique car that represents very good value for money.

Edited by 7hm

VW Passat B8 (the latest one that haven't arrive here) was my first choice till I heard about Mondeo arriving here. MZ6 is also comparable, likely the closest competitor due to equipment, price and handling, but since I am looking at practicality oriented cars, Hyundai i40 estate is also on my personal list (but family don't like it).

Family likes Audi/Merc rather than Ford, but think they more inclined to pre-owned. Problem is pre-owned market now is priced so high. BMW F30 is also being considered, but not sure how reliable they are.

Overall Mondeo has the most boxes ticked for me. I am the type who prefers sort of unique car that represents very good value for money.

Have you then decided or still looking at options?

Turbocharged

Have you then decided or still looking at options?

frankly speaking i don't know at this point [dizzy]

I am also looking at mid-size family car.

Passat - if they are using the dry clutch DSG 7 gear, sorry, I have to skip it

Teana, Accord, Camry - made in Thailand, my wife veto them out

Mazda 6 - a bit pricy, but Skyactiv technology looks good. Haven't test drive yet

Mondeo - good looking but the truck opening seems smaller than usual. I have a folded bike and it may be difficult to put in.

Subaru Legacy - good looking, seems well built. price lower than the rest.

KIA/Hyundai - sorry, not yet sign up for Korean brand, but I have to say, price/performance looks good. Heard reliability is up to Japanese standard

Infiniti Q50 - for a little bit more money than Mondeo and M6, pretty attractive.

Merc C180 - for another step higher in luxury...

Not considering Audi/BMW at the present moment, I think Merc C class is better.

• Praise 2

Mazda 6 - a bit pricy, but Skyactiv technology looks good. Haven't test drive yet

Mondeo - good looking but the truck opening seems smaller than usual. I have a folded bike and it may be difficult to put in.

KIA/Hyundai - sorry, not yet sign up for Korean brand, but I have to say, price/performance looks good. Heard reliability is up to Japanese standard

Infiniti Q50 - for a little bit more money than Mondeo and M6, pretty attractive.

buy the 5dr version. looks identical to the 4dr with added flexibility. :)

go with the one that makes you look foward to driving.

• Praise 1

if want to carry foldable bike, only SUV/MPV, consider kuga? at lower price side

• Praise 1

(edited)

What you have compared earlier is Large size sedan. E class instead of C Class should be more approiprate

Edited by Axela72
  • Praise 1

Don't look or think so much with regards to the specs or features/electronics etc. Go with the car that emotionally, you feel like you want that car unless of course at this point there isn't any that's really attracted your attention.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
(edited)
go with the one that makes you look foward to driving.

Don't look or think so much with regards to the specs or features/electronics etc. Go with the car that emotionally, you feel like you want that car unless of course at this point there isn't any that's really attracted your attention.

Mondeo is the one that appeals to me emotionally... since it has all the specs, performance, features, value, and great looking gauges (I'm going to be looking at them every minute every hour I'm driving) as well as an interior that appeals to my personal taste... but it has to convince more than just me.

Other than that the Passat B8 also attracts me, but it's not out yet and I've started worrying about the whole DSG thing (spent too much time on MCF?!). Other one to attract me emotionally is Citroen DS5, but it's expensive and it hasn't really got any particularly good point besides the styling inside and out

as Samshio say, look at the 5-dr. That one's not a small-opening. The 4dr sedan, yes, I agree, which is why I have ignored the sedan version completely

post-157416-0-78804400-1432563119_thumb.png
haiz maybe should go live with cheap car or switch back to public BMW [smallcry]
Edited by 7hm

Mondeo is the one that appeals to me emotionally... since it has all the specs, performance, features, value, and great looking gauges (I'm going to be looking at them every minute every hour I'm driving) as well as an interior that appeals to my personal taste... but it has to convince more than just me.

Other than that the Passat B8 also attracts me, but it's not out yet and I've started worrying about the whole DSG thing (spent too much time on MCF?!). Other one to attract me emotionally is Citroen DS5, but it's expensive and it hasn't really got any particularly good point besides the styling inside and out

as Samshio say, look at the 5-dr. That one's not a small-opening. The 4dr sedan, yes, I agree, which is why I have ignored the sedan version completely

haiz maybe should go live with cheap car or switch back to public BMW [smallcry]

So the Mondeo didn't pass the WAF (wife acceptance factor)?

[laugh]

↡ Advertisement