My alignment experience with Pure Drive

Nauticar

Neutral Newbie

Dear all,

Wanted to share my experience with Pure Drive located at Harvest at Woodlands.

Messaged one of the chaps regarding pricing for a 4 wheel alignment but no reply,so I proceeded to call and ask. Voice on the other line said SGD80, and will take about half an hour to complete. So I went down, since I am around that area that day.

When I was there, the technician ramped up my car, did some checks, and when my car was up there, he the proceeded to tell me that he has to 'charge extra SGD40 because I requested to change caster. SGD80 is adjustment for toe only'. Also claimed that his price is one of the lowest around, standard pricing. Since I was there and was out of touch with alignment prices (last alignment was done 3 years ago), I agreed.

Workmanship was ok (I mean, what do you expect, it's a standard Hunter machine - a dummy can operate that user-friendly interface). However technician had a lot to say about how difficult it might be to get an exact alignment - because the 'alignment bushing might be worn'. In the end technician managed to adjust the three STANDARD alignment settings - took about an hour from start to finish.

After alignment done, out of curiosity I googled alignment prices, and found Kenny's number. I then remembered that Kenny was the expert in alignment around here, and HE was the one who did my alignment 3 years back. But prices posted online were around SGD 50 to 80. I then sms-ed Kenny to just enquire how much he charges for 4 wheel alignment. Reply came back 5 mins later: SGD80.

So in summary folks: Do your research BEFORE you commit to any workshop. When it comes to alignment, very hard to beat Kenny's price (and expertise).

↡ Advertisement

You can always say no. its not like they con you like jover chew. After do alignment liao then tell you muwt charge extra. Can just ask him to bring down your car and reject them.

Not fair to call it bad experience ... he offered you a price and you accepted.

I would asked for price before he even jack up my car.

But the alignment went ok ... chill.

• Praise 1

I feel $80 for wheel alignment is a big rip off. [knife]

I did mine at an Exo shop at Ubi for $50.

If u head north, only rm30-50.

In Sg, its all abt taxes & rental. All goes to the consumers. [sweatdrop][sweatdrop] [sweatdrop]

Edited by Aaronlkl
  • Praise 6

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

You can always say no. its not like they con you like jover chew. After do alignment liao then tell you muwt charge extra. Can just ask him to bring down your car and reject them.

yup, i could and i should have said no. its because of my lack of research that made me think that the price offered was ok, which was the intent of my original post. if i did my research beforehand, i would definitely have said no.

So nothing went wrong with the alignment procedure and everything went the way it should? From your topic I thought they messed up your car.

alignment was ok, its hard to mess up alignment post-adjustment unless you didnt tighten the alignment bolts to torque specs or more. title kindly amended by mod already.

advertisement for Kenny?

I wont go to him after I seen him got into accident driving customer car.

i knew someone would say something like this. like a previous poster mentioned in another forum, kenny doesnt need advertisements as his business is purely doing alignments and no, im not doing anything for kenny. im just stating the price kenny quoted to me via sms. please dont be confused.

care to share your story instead of leaving us hanging halfway?

I feel $80 for wheel alignment is a big rip off. [knife]

I did mine at an Exo shop at Ubi for $50.

If u head north, only rm30-50.

In Sg, its all abt taxes & rental. All goes to the consumers. [sweatdrop][sweatdrop] [sweatdrop]

yup i agree. everything up north is cheaper (except tyres). however it all boils down to workmanship and (again), your own research.

no point for u telling 'head north, only 30-50' here. sharing is caring, so share the contact of the workshops that have that price for alignment here for other people to benefit.. also share more of ure experience with the ubi shop, thats what forums are for, if you dont mind.

Not fair to call it bad experience ... he offered you a price and you accepted.

I would asked for price before he even jack up my car.

But the alignment went ok ... chill.

yup, if u read my post, i called up and did ask the chap how much alignment was. it was only when the car jacked up, did some checks and he 'modded' his price.

yup alignment was ok. u really have to royally screw up to make an alignment not ok.

Edited by Nauticar
  • Praise 1

whats so big deal about alignment. I didi mine at my usual jb workshop with the latest machine and it cost 25 ringgit.

seriously local workshop should wake up their idea and not think what they have is some rocket science machine. Its is not.

whats so big deal about alignment. I didi mine at my usual jb workshop with the latest machine and it cost 25 ringgit.

seriously local workshop should wake up their idea and not think what they have is some rocket science machine. Its is not.

Shop name and address ?

If that is the case, I don't mind doing it every year. Haha

• Praise 1

yup i agree. everything up north is cheaper (except tyres). however it all boils down to workmanship and (again), your own research.

no point for u telling 'head north, only 30-50' here. sharing is caring, so share the contact of the workshops that have that price for alignment here for other people to benefit.. also share more of ure experience with the ubi shop, thats what forums are for, if you dont mind.

I did my wheel alignment at Fong Kim some 2 years ago for $50. As for JB, many of tyres shops offers wheel alignment service. Below are 2 thread on JB wheel alignment services. Hope this helps.

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2695316-for-those-who-go-jb-for-4-wheel-alignment/

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2689429-wheel-alignment-in-jb/?hl=%2Bjb+%2Bwheel+%2Balignment

• Praise 6

Went to Pure drive for alignment as i did not have time to go to my usual place at Wei's Alignment. They took 2 hours trying to get my steering wheel straight but unable to get iy straight. Keep asking me to come back when I am free. Got fedup and went back to Wei's alignment and got it aligned in 20mins.

↡ Advertisement