Mr Lee Kuan Yew wanted Oxley Road home demolished

Duckduck

why the preference for Gurkha guards?

They are thought to be impartial, and most importantly fearless.

Esp during 60s racial riots, they proved themselves.

↡ Advertisement

They are mercenaries who have been proved to be loyal (and garang).

• Praise 2

Lol

i think its a good choice to demolish the house as past years the area there not allowed to build highrises. Now with demolition, Oxley road area can develop more and build more condos instead of bungalows

But even they don't demolish the house, now they still can develop the area since LKY no longer staying there, so no need to be in high security mode liao.

• Praise 1

Supersonic

neutral party. Imagine if a policeman from one ethnic group in singapore has to shoot someone from another ethnic group! best if a neutral party guards the place.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

LKY is a truly practical , no nonsense and yet humble man . He has mentioned in his book Hard Truths the reason why he wanted 38 Oxley Rise to be demolished .

He has also signed the AMD , which mandates the pulling of the plug after he is certifed brain dead .

Hence, on same token , I will not at all be surprised if he had given instructions to his family on how his death is to be dealt with . No public holidays , and the dates and time of his death announcement , and his funeral , caused minimal disruptions to the economy and daily lives of SIngaporeans. Announce at 4am Monday morning , funeral procession Sunday . Business as usual .

• Praise 9

Supersonic

LKY is a truly practical , no nonsense and yet humble man . He has mentioned in his book Hard Truths the reason why he wanted 38 Oxley Rise to be demolished .

He has also signed the AMD , which mandates the pulling of the plug after he is certifed brain dead .

Hence, on same token , I will not at all be surprised if he had given instructions to his family on how his death is to be dealt with . No public holidays , and the dates and time of his death announcement , and his funeral , caused minimal disruptions to the economy and daily lives of SIngaporeans. Announce at 4am Monday morning , funeral procession Sunday . Business as usual .

yup, my wife and I were considering whether to go to the padang during the lying-in-state to queue up for parliament house. After talking about it for a bit, we decided to go to the nearby CC for the community tribute site. We said that if LKY was alive, he would have told us to don't waste time, get it over and done with and go back to work!

• Praise 5

He wanted all of us to move on in life....

He wanted nothing concrete to leave to his children, so down the house.... just leave beautiful memories in their hearts....

• Praise 3

replace Sentosa Merlion with LKY statue, eyes sooot lazer also. pew pew...

eyes soot communists lah :D

replace Sentosa Merlion with LKY statue, eyes sooot lazer also. pew pew...

Might as well build 3 statues at the Singapore mouth. One each for:

1. Parameswara - the founder of Singapura (Island of Lion)

2. Sir Stamford Raffles - Founder of Singapore (Trading)

3. LKY - Fore Father of Singapore

[bounce2][bounce2]

↡ Advertisement