• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
38 replies to this topic | 97 praises

Posted 14 April 2015 - 10:49 AM

Yeobh
  • Yeobh
    Supercharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hello To  All  Computer Gurus, I am currently looking for a Lenovo AIO computer  for my home office use. I am a armchair mech and online salesman and therefore know very little on how to go about selecting computers for my one-man small home business.

All feedback and advice will be much welcome.

TIA

Edited by Yeobh, 14 April 2015 - 10:49 AM.

Visit My Facebook for the latest automotive breaking news & innovative specialty tools.

Posted 14 April 2015 - 10:51 AM

Vid
  • Premium member
    Vid
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hello To  All  Computer Gurus, I am currently looking for a Lenovo AIO computer  for my home office use. I am a armchair mech and online salesman and therefore know very little on how to go about selecting computers for my one-man small home business.

TIA

Lenovo only? There are so many options when it comes to PC.

Posted 14 April 2015 - 12:19 PM

Luckcent
  • Premium member
    Luckcent
    6th Gear
    Author Image

TIA

Get any pc or laptop,  but with Windows 7.......

==================================================

Failure is not defeat unless you stop trying

==================================================

Posted 14 April 2015 - 12:20 PM

Yeobh
  • Yeobh
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Lenovo only? There are so many options when it comes to PC.

Will consider other makes - no problem so long it's dependable and with 3 years on-site service/repairs.

Visit My Facebook for the latest automotive breaking news & innovative specialty tools.

Posted 14 April 2015 - 12:37 PM

Othello
  • Premium member
    Othello
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Will consider other makes - no problem so long it's dependable and with 3 years on-site service/repairs.

not many have 3 years onsite. I remember looking around and got DELL eventually. 

"O, devil, devil! If that the Earth could teem with woman's tears, Each drop she falls would prove a crocodile. Out of my sight!" (Act IV Scene I)

Posted 14 April 2015 - 12:40 PM

Vid
  • Premium member
    Vid
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

For me I just buy parts. Most Asus parts got 3 year warranty. My router and graphics card died before and I got 1-1 exchange. Not on-site though.

If you want service reliability, then any major brand like Dell, HP also can already.

Sp4wn praised this

Posted 14 April 2015 - 12:51 PM

Sp4wn
  • Premium member
    Sp4wn
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

For me I just buy parts. Most Asus parts got 3 year warranty. My router and graphics card died before and I got 1-1 exchange. Not on-site though.

If you want service reliability, then any major brand like Dell, HP also can already.

i agree.

just get Dell. get the 5 year accidental damage coverage if you work from home and tend to eat at your computer.

their warranty and on-site service is pretty good. twice when my dell was not working, they came to me and repaired on the spot. didnt have to send in. plus didnt have to lose my data.

Vid and Mustank praised this

Posted 14 April 2015 - 12:54 PM

Vid
  • Premium member
    Vid
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

i agree.

just get Dell. get the 5 year accidental damage coverage if you work from home and tend to eat at your computer.

their warranty and on-site service is pretty good. twice when my dell was not working, they came to me and repaired on the spot. didnt have to send in. plus didnt have to lose my data.

Yes. Don't even have to leave home to buy. Just configure online and get it delivered :D

Posted 14 April 2015 - 01:59 PM

Mustank
  • Mustank
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

TIA

go dell there buy, then use TV as monitor

huat ah!

Posted 14 April 2015 - 05:43 PM

KilluaX
  • KilluaX
    1st Gear
    Author Image

What do you plan to use the computer for? Just some editing of excel sheets?

If so, just make sure you keep multiple copies of your files. (E.g. 1 copy in your hard drive, 1 copy in your portable disk.) When the computer kaput, just buy a new one. Nowadays, the business-grade onsite support is way more expensive than the computer itself...

Volvobrick praised this

Posted 14 April 2015 - 05:51 PM

Angcheek
  • Premium member
    Angcheek
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

TIA

No need AIO . Any Lappy will do. 

AIO is big and heavy. If you wan mobile , any 15-17 inch Lappy will be fine. 

You can add in a TAB or ipad of you wan touch screen. 

Opel17 praised this
樹多總有枯枝,人多總有白痴

Posted 14 April 2015 - 05:59 PM

Nzy
  • Premium member
    Nzy
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

No need AIO . Any Lappy will do. 

AIO is big and heavy. If you wan mobile , any 15-17 inch Lappy will be fine. 

You can add in a TAB or ipad of you wan touch screen. 

But a desktop will still be cheaper right? Not really sure about the prices of these kind of computers.

Posted 14 April 2015 - 06:03 PM

Yeobh
  • Yeobh
    Supercharged
    Author Image

What do you plan to use the computer for? Just some editing of excel sheets?

If so, just make sure you keep multiple copies of your files. (E.g. 1 copy in your hard drive, 1 copy in your portable disk.) When the computer kaput, just buy a new one. Nowadays, the business-grade onsite support is way more expensive than the computer itself...

Have been doing business from home since 1997, so far I have use probably more than 5 desktops and three laptop computers.

Updating my company's website, editing prices , stock lists via excel sheets, prepare online invoice, send both PDF and Jpeg product flyers and from time to time use MS Publisher to generate product flyers.

Posted 14 April 2015 - 06:17 PM

Angcheek
  • Premium member
    Angcheek
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

But a desktop will still be cheaper right? Not really sure about the prices of these kind of computers.

yes. Desktop will be cheaper. But AIO is not exactly a Desktop .

Desktop got more CPU power but not mobile. Lappy the other way round.

AIO is no 3 no 4 . [laugh]  

Depend on how much power you need for ur lappy. If just simple web and document editing, basic lappy will be fine , estimate abt 1k to 2k . If you need to do images , Mac will be better. 

If you need disk speed , go for those with SDD. full or hybrid is fine. 

Have been doing business from home since 1997, so far I have use probably more than 5 desktops and three laptop computers.

Updating my company's website, editing prices , stock lists via excel sheets, prepare online invoice, send both PDF and Jpeg product flyers and from time to time use MS Publisher to generate product flyers.

Used so many , then you not newbie anymore 

Toothiewabbit and Volvobrick praised this
樹多總有枯枝,人多總有白痴

Posted 14 April 2015 - 06:47 PM

Coltplussport
  • Premium member
    Coltplussport
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

You brother with the other member yeobt? He also asking for info with regards to salon business. Entrepreneurship ftw.

Posted 14 April 2015 - 07:06 PM

Yeobh
  • Yeobh
    Supercharged
    Author Image

You brother with the other member yeobt? He also asking for info with regards to salon business. Entrepreneurship ftw.

No idea who is yeobt.

yes. Desktop will be cheaper. But AIO is not exactly a Desktop .

Desktop got more CPU power but not mobile. Lappy the other way round.

AIO is no 3 no 4 . [laugh]  

Depend on how much power you need for ur lappy. If just simple web and document editing, basic lappy will be fine , estimate abt 1k to 2k . If you need to do images , Mac will be better. 

If you need disk speed , go for those with SDD. full or hybrid is fine. 

Used so many , then you not newbie anymore 

I am not a young kid fresh from school , I am a senior citizen that just miss out my pioneer card by one year.

Lala81 and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 14 April 2015 - 08:23 PM

Jamesc
  • Premium member
    Jamesc
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I would get this 15.6" laptop for $299

and change a new one every year.

I did get this laptop and typing on

it to send this post.

Best $299 I ever spent.

:D

Attached Thumbnails

• 299.jpg

Say no to harsh artificial chemicals

that pollute the earth

and go natural. [thumbsup]

Posted 14 April 2015 - 08:30 PM

Jamesc
  • Premium member
    Jamesc
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Ad if the screen is not big enough for you

add this monitor for $99.

:D

Attached Thumbnails

• hp.jpg

Say no to harsh artificial chemicals

that pollute the earth

and go natural. [thumbsup]

Posted 14 April 2015 - 08:31 PM

Angcheek
  • Premium member
    Angcheek
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Dear Uncle Sam ...

Dont get me wrong. I dont mean your age ...
What im saying was since you had so many lappy and desktop before , that would made you more guru than most of us .

No idea who is yeobt.

I am not a young kid fresh from school , I am a senior citizen that just miss out my pioneer card by one year.

Edited by Angcheek, 14 April 2015 - 08:32 PM.

樹多總有枯枝,人多總有白痴

Posted 14 April 2015 - 09:38 PM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I will get a mac mini, add in recycled monitor, keyboard and mouse. It's good to go from $688. Huat arh!!!

Modern mac renders web pages better than IE. And since you already got existing Windows softwares, just run bootcamp if needed.

Anytime need to "run road", unplug mac mini and run with it (smaller and lighter than lappy). Can leave the less important parts behind.

Edited by Kangadrool, 14 April 2015 - 09:45 PM.

Jamesc, Volvobrick, Holdenutessv and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: home office, computer and 3 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users