Home office AIO computer

Yeobh

Hello To All Computer Gurus, I am currently looking for a Lenovo AIO computer for my home office use. I am a armchair mech and online salesman and therefore know very little on how to go about selecting computers for my one-man small home business.

All feedback and advice will be much welcome.

TIA

Edited by Yeobh
↡ Advertisement

Hypersonic

Hello To All Computer Gurus, I am currently looking for a Lenovo AIO computer for my home office use. I am a armchair mech and online salesman and therefore know very little on how to go about selecting computers for my one-man small home business.

TIA

Lenovo only? There are so many options when it comes to PC.

TIA

Get any pc or laptop, but with Windows 7.......

Lenovo only? There are so many options when it comes to PC.

Will consider other makes - no problem so long it's dependable and with 3 years on-site service/repairs.

Will consider other makes - no problem so long it's dependable and with 3 years on-site service/repairs.

not many have 3 years onsite. I remember looking around and got DELL eventually.

Hypersonic

For me I just buy parts. Most Asus parts got 3 year warranty. My router and graphics card died before and I got 1-1 exchange. Not on-site though.

If you want service reliability, then any major brand like Dell, HP also can already.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

For me I just buy parts. Most Asus parts got 3 year warranty. My router and graphics card died before and I got 1-1 exchange. Not on-site though.

If you want service reliability, then any major brand like Dell, HP also can already.

i agree.

just get Dell. get the 5 year accidental damage coverage if you work from home and tend to eat at your computer.

their warranty and on-site service is pretty good. twice when my dell was not working, they came to me and repaired on the spot. didnt have to send in. plus didnt have to lose my data.

• Praise 2

Hypersonic

i agree.

just get Dell. get the 5 year accidental damage coverage if you work from home and tend to eat at your computer.

their warranty and on-site service is pretty good. twice when my dell was not working, they came to me and repaired on the spot. didnt have to send in. plus didnt have to lose my data.

Yes. Don't even have to leave home to buy. Just configure online and get it delivered :D

TIA

go dell there buy, then use TV as monitor

huat ah!

What do you plan to use the computer for? Just some editing of excel sheets?

If so, just make sure you keep multiple copies of your files. (E.g. 1 copy in your hard drive, 1 copy in your portable disk.) When the computer kaput, just buy a new one. Nowadays, the business-grade onsite support is way more expensive than the computer itself...

• Praise 1

TIA

No need AIO . Any Lappy will do.

AIO is big and heavy. If you wan mobile , any 15-17 inch Lappy will be fine.

You can add in a TAB or ipad of you wan touch screen.

• Praise 4

Twincharged

No need AIO . Any Lappy will do.

AIO is big and heavy. If you wan mobile , any 15-17 inch Lappy will be fine.

You can add in a TAB or ipad of you wan touch screen.

But a desktop will still be cheaper right? Not really sure about the prices of these kind of computers.

What do you plan to use the computer for? Just some editing of excel sheets?

If so, just make sure you keep multiple copies of your files. (E.g. 1 copy in your hard drive, 1 copy in your portable disk.) When the computer kaput, just buy a new one. Nowadays, the business-grade onsite support is way more expensive than the computer itself...

Have been doing business from home since 1997, so far I have use probably more than 5 desktops and three laptop computers.

Updating my company's website, editing prices , stock lists via excel sheets, prepare online invoice, send both PDF and Jpeg product flyers and from time to time use MS Publisher to generate product flyers.

But a desktop will still be cheaper right? Not really sure about the prices of these kind of computers.

yes. Desktop will be cheaper. But AIO is not exactly a Desktop .

Desktop got more CPU power but not mobile. Lappy the other way round.

AIO is no 3 no 4 . [laugh]

Depend on how much power you need for ur lappy. If just simple web and document editing, basic lappy will be fine , estimate abt 1k to 2k . If you need to do images , Mac will be better.

If you need disk speed , go for those with SDD. full or hybrid is fine.

Have been doing business from home since 1997, so far I have use probably more than 5 desktops and three laptop computers.

Updating my company's website, editing prices , stock lists via excel sheets, prepare online invoice, send both PDF and Jpeg product flyers and from time to time use MS Publisher to generate product flyers.

Used so many , then you not newbie anymore

• Praise 5

You brother with the other member yeobt? He also asking for info with regards to salon business. Entrepreneurship ftw.

You brother with the other member yeobt? He also asking for info with regards to salon business. Entrepreneurship ftw.

No idea who is yeobt.

yes. Desktop will be cheaper. But AIO is not exactly a Desktop .

Desktop got more CPU power but not mobile. Lappy the other way round.

AIO is no 3 no 4 . [laugh]

Depend on how much power you need for ur lappy. If just simple web and document editing, basic lappy will be fine , estimate abt 1k to 2k . If you need to do images , Mac will be better.

If you need disk speed , go for those with SDD. full or hybrid is fine.

Used so many , then you not newbie anymore

I am not a young kid fresh from school , I am a senior citizen that just miss out my pioneer card by one year.

• Praise 2

I would get this 15.6" laptop for $299

and change a new one every year.

I did get this laptop and typing on

it to send this post.

Best $299 I ever spent.

:D

post-23002-0-58275400-1429014208_thumb.jpg