Pure Android 4.4.4 Car DVD

Alphas

Thanks Alpha. Found it in AliEx.

Looks good. Brave of you to root it. But enjoy.

Let me know when you mount it and try Radio on the move.

Also if video player can output to ex monitor. Cheers

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

if like that.

driving to malaysia will be a pain.

unless you willing to rack up data roaming charge?

buy Malaysia prepaid sim

Only the DVD version can be played to the ext monitor, you cannot play any movies in the sdcard or usb to the ext monitor.

So Bro how is radio? Good or cutting in and out

Got the Newsmy quad core HU and radio is "hit and miss" sadly. By the way, what is a good player (other than Poweramp)?

Got the Newsmy quad core HU and radio is "hit and miss" sadly. By the way, what is a good player (other than Poweramp)?

Ya the china FM chips are all the same.

I think poweramp still the best. Winamp also works but horizontal format may be out.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

*** Added option from past comment

OctaCore CPU!! Double DIN unit is being offered by Indashnet for $189.00 + shipping. There is only one left at that price. It includes:

OctaCore
2GB DDR3
16G FLASH 
Capacitive Touch
GPS Navigation
Bluetooth
FM/AM radio
Rear View Camera
Steering Wheel Key
Capability to connect iPhone & Android via Bluetooth
+ Add all the apps you want or fit in the memory

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/indashnet-world-s-first-open-source-infotainment/x/12679152#/

Edited by BetaPlus

For those using the Android HU, do you feel it lacking in the SQ department? Or are you satisfied with what you are hearing?

For those using the Android HU, do you feel it lacking in the SQ department? Or are you satisfied with what you are hearing?

Hi Naimed,

I am using Newsmy car pad 2 in my CO's qashqai.

It is a dual wince and android and I decided on it because:

- had been looking for an full android capable headunit, not those half-baked androidplay type from typical car stereo mfgrs like Clarion, Pioneer, Alpine etc.  ... now I have unlimited capability just like using an Android phone !!!

- wanted flawless and clear internet radio as I missed the alpine DAB that I had  ... perfect !!!

- digital output for best SQ to my PXA-H900 processor or Helix DSP Pro for its priority sensing for more seamless integration which I am not aware anyone had done so other then those highly customised tablet used by some owner that my CO will not be able to handle... this is key and had been searching xda-developer.com, diyaudiomobile.com etc. which led me to this Newsday car pad 2

SQ is great being with Focal Utopia Be drive by Groundzero Plutonium Reference 2 and 4 ... and better be !!

Cheers,

Richard

post-149594-0-60418500-1463494221_thumb.jpg

post-149594-0-55047000-1463494265_thumb.png

post-149594-0-48194200-1463494299_thumb.jpeg

Hi Naimed,

Introduced to Onkyo HD player that is absolutely free and fast with nice and simple GUI.

SQ up some notches .....

Cheers.

Richard

Hi Naimed,

Was introduced by my installer, Roy of AudioDimension, to the Onkyo HD Player which is fast and has nice and simple GUI ... which is absolutely free !!

SQ certainly better and not worst than poweramp.

Cheers,

Richard

Hi Naimed,

Introduced to Onkyo HD player that is absolutely free and fast with nice and simple GUI.

SQ up some notches .....

Cheers.

Richard

Hi Naimed,

Was introduced by my installer, Roy of AudioDimension, to the Onkyo HD Player which is fast and has nice and simple GUI ... which is absolutely free !!

SQ certainly better and not worst than poweramp.

Cheers,

Richard

Hi Richard,

Thanks for sharing on the Onkyo player. Will install it later to try out.

I've been to Roy's place to listen to his speakers/amps combos. Very nice and I like the Groundzeros but $$$ [sweatdrop] . You are in good hands if you installed your ICE there and your setup is power  :a-m1212:

Currently running Audison 3-way active with the Helix processor/amp. My question of SQ stems from the fact that dedicated SQ decks (ie. P99/P80) are built for that purpose and Android HU are meant to be a bit more on the gadgetry side. I'm not complaining on the functionalities I'm getting from the Android HU but to be honest, I only use Internet Radio or play songs from my SD card. I don't even have controls on my steering wheel. Occasionally play with Torque Pro but I have analog gauges in the car so that's sufficient.

Just thinking that a hardcore ICE person would lean towards a SQ HU.

(edited)

Hi Richard,

Thanks for sharing on the Onkyo player. Will install it later to try out.

I've been to Roy's place to listen to his speakers/amps combos. Very nice and I like the Groundzeros but $$$ [sweatdrop] . You are in good hands if you installed your ICE there and your setup is power  :a-m1212:

Currently running Audison 3-way active with the Helix processor/amp. My question of SQ stems from the fact that dedicated SQ decks (ie. P99/P80) are built for that purpose and Android HU are meant to be a bit more on the gadgetry side. I'm not complaining on the functionalities I'm getting from the Android HU but to be honest, I only use Internet Radio or play songs from my SD card. I don't even have controls on my steering wheel. Occasionally play with Torque Pro but I have analog gauges in the car so that's sufficient.

Just thinking that a hardcore ICE person would lean towards a SQ HU.

Hi Naimed,

Indeed CD will be unquestionable better in dedicated SQ deck ... I am still using the old Alpine F1 7990 and PXA-H900 with 4 Steg Masterstroke and MP Z series in my estima (the dual wince/android tiong headunit, Groundzero and Focal Be are in CO's qashqai)

However, despite 13 CDs in HU (X1), DVD Changer(X6) and CD Charger (X6), it gets boring and did not even change the CDs in there for years but more into radio program.  Since demise of DAB 4-5 years ago, internet radio which is digital and flawless in reception is my preferred and fulfilled with the Qashqai's dual wince/android headunit which no SQ headunits can do so till date.  

BTW, having 2T bytes of high quality flac or even wave files in portable HDD into Android is also something that piles of CD cannot compared with on convenience (and also cost saving ..haha)

Cheers,

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032