Sea Water leaking at MCE (Marina Coastal Expressway)

Carnoob

Hypersonic

Free car cash

Maybe with a pick up like yours; maybe you check around got maybe some tadpoles inside also      

• Praise 2

Twincharged
(edited)

Saw the video, the water sprinker down is not a lot.. it is actually alot more visable as compared to what is shown in the picture.

post-14834-0-49198800-1495018004_thumb.pngpost-14834-0-44697500-1495018018_thumb.png

post-14834-0-41784800-1495018071_thumb.png

Edited by Yewheng
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

those water in the sprinkle system is very dirty, I will wash my car immediately if kena sprinkle accidentally.

Actually will this damage the car since the water is sea water?

Need to go for car wash immediately if kena this seawater rain to prevent the components to rust in future?

Supercharged

Actually will this damage the car since the water is sea water?

Need to go for car wash immediately if kena this seawater rain to prevent the components to rust in future?

MCE sprinkle water is sea water? I am not sure but I think it should be fresh water.

Also, I always wondered, what is water used on a ship's sprinkle system? the precious fresh water on board or draw direct from the sea? any one know?

Supersonic

MCE sprinkle water is sea water? I am not sure but I think it should be fresh water.

Also, I always wondered, what is water used on a ship's sprinkle system? the precious fresh water on board or draw direct from the sea? any one know?

I overheard on radio and says it's seawater.

Unless I hear wrongly or the presenter gave wrong info.  [laugh]

Supercharged

I overheard on radio and says it's seawater.

Unless I hear wrongly or the presenter gave wrong info. [laugh]

I just Googled about sea water sprinkler system, that answered my queries.

The sprinkler system is primed with fresh water and pressurised by an air pressure tank. Any drop in system pressure by the operation of one or more sprinkler heads, will automatically start a dedicated seawater pump, thus providing an inexhaustible seawater supply.

Supersonic

I just Googled about sea water sprinkler system, that answered my queries.

The sprinkler system is primed with fresh water and pressurised by an air pressure tank. Any drop in system pressure by the operation of one or more sprinkler heads, will automatically start a dedicated seawater pump, thus providing an inexhaustible seawater supply.

Thanks for the info.

So that means the cars will be contaminated by seawater due to this unique feature, in case of working sprinklers?

Supercharged

Thanks for the info.

So that means the cars will be contaminated by seawater due to this unique feature, in case of working sprinklers?

I think a car wash will rinse away most of the salt, the remainant will be cleared after a few trips in the rain.

Ang mo countries winter road salt is even worse, their cars also never chui. Modern cars rust proofing is very good, a sprinkle of salt (pun intended) won't harm it lah.

• Praise 4

I think a car wash will rinse away most of the salt, the remainant will be cleared after a few trips in the rain.

Ang mo countries winter road salt is even worse, their cars also never chui. Modern cars rust proofing is very good, a sprinkle of salt (pun intended) won't harm it lah.

cannot compare lar bro. In SG cars can only last 10 yrs.......
  • Praise 2