Buying Ceiling fan and lighting from JB

Yaloryalor

their road face I not sure..............but their kang ching cfm gum you.............remind me next time go help you ask they like superman or not...............remember find new gay mate buy me kopi si kosong hor................. [:p][laugh][laugh]

Kopi siao kosong Ai mai

↡ Advertisement

I'm trying Toyomi now. It has been spinning maybe a year without problem. I'll see how it goes.

I have 2 other KDK wall fans. One of them, the oscillation is not working.

you Mr handyman, haha no problem for you  [smash]

For most of us, we don't want to touch these things once they are installed.

their road face I not sure..............but their kang ching cfm gum you.............remind me next time go help you ask they like superman or not...............remember find new gay mate buy me kopi si kosong hor................. [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Seems like you are very familiar with their ass.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

My personal experience here.

Beware of Tampoi lighting's LED ceiling lights. Bought a few last week, during installation, one wire not soldered properly to the driver PCB and get disconnection.

Another tri-coloured ceiling lamp not working properly after installation and its driver need to be changed on 2nd trip.

As I check, their LED drivers are poor quality from China.

Wasted time and energy. I suspect Taobao lightings (Panasonic or other branded) even cheaper and trouble-free!

Hypersonic

I'm trying Toyomi now. It has been spinning maybe a year without problem. I'll see how it goes.

I have 2 other KDK wall fans. One of them, the oscillation is not working.

i have 3 KDK and 1 National Fans wall fans which I bought coming now 20 years

Recently somehow the batteries in all the  Remote Controls (GP Brand Alkaline - i am naming/shaming them ) all  leaked together & remotes could not work

I went to Panasonic & bought a replacement model and worked!  cost about $12/- Each- used it on KDK fans and wallah!! worked too

KDK agent in Tagore area said their remotes over like $30 Each  something or more and very far for me to go

So I just bought some more Panasonic for my KDK fans and worked purrfectly

Only thing my KDK fan not able to rotate anymore [bigcry]

I don't know the quality of the new KDK or Panasonic fans now... but they are great. Only maintenance I have done is the metal grilles wires started rusting near around the round plastic hub like cover in the centre where the logo is ; I used the Rust Converter which changes the rust from brown to black like colour (and since my fan was like dark grey) it does not look that bad;

I think nowadays those cheap MIC fans have really flooded the market and cost sometimes like even 1/3 of the renowned brands; So the pysche in us says.... just change 3 times right I suppose. 

Still I remember those USHA fans in coffee shops (typically silver with some red stripes and chrome hub cap) chugging away so peacefully on one of my recent trips to Malacca - Wow!! Fan must have been like over 40++ years old; the shop i went had like those peranakan marble tables and like time had stood still.... it was just a regular kopitiam and Wow!!   .... and you can even hear the wind so strongly too ...       

Turbocharged

my KDK small shelf fan from the 70s still working well today. No sound at all. but they don't things like that anymore.

I have a Mistral standing fan. Used 12 years. Good quality too. I realised must get those with heavy base and support. Seems like better quality than those from NTUC. my in-laws like to buy those from ntuc and it wobbles within 1 year. Maybe they never install properly also.

I am looking for this fan in MY.. Where do you know got sell? Same design

SG here cut throat

Ceiling fans are pretty outdated.

Get smaller fans like this and install at 2 corners...if you are installing in the living room. Looks better. There are reciprocating ones but can cost twice as much as fixed position onces. One like this cost about RM400++. In Singapore it can cost around S$500 or more. You can more or less buy two. You will benefit from the exchange rates.

Buying in JB does cost a lot less dan buying from Singapore. If you are lucky the customs from both sides won't disturb you. Else they ask you to pay GST. You should have bought earlier before the M'sia GST kicked in.

diane-brushed-nickel-wood.jpg

Supersonic

I am looking for this fan in MY.. Where do you know got sell? Same design

SG here cut throat

Google tampoi lighting center. Entire stretch there has this fan.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Hey guys, am I right to say KDK fans weren't as lasting as they were in the past? Meaning those bought in the 80s or 90s can last, whereas those bought in recent times are not as good.

Hey guys, am I right to say KDK fans weren't as lasting as they were in the past? Meaning those bought in the 80s or 90s can last, whereas those bought in recent times are not as good.

I can say to apply that to the WHOLE consumer electronics from 80s are all built to last. 

• Praise 1

My friends and I have been using KDK ceiling fans (Malaysian models Sensa 4 and 5 - equivalent of V56VK and V60Wk in Singapore) for past five years and have no issues. But it was a pain trying to get a good KDK installer in Singapore who have the knowledge of installing and balancing KDK fans.

My friends and I have been using KDK ceiling fans (Malaysian models Sensa 4 and 5 - equivalent of V56VK and V60Wk in Singapore) for past five years and have no issues. But it was a pain trying to get a good KDK installer in Singapore who have the knowledge of installing and balancing KDK fans.

Erh.... Why does kdk need balancing?

I have self installed two v56k bought from kl, use for passed 5 yrs without any problem lei

Supersonic

Erh.... Why does kdk need balancing?

I have self installed two v56k bought from kl, use for passed 5 yrs without any problem lei

I would say all fans need balancing or else they could wobble.

• Praise 1

Thought I should post here, since this thread is about fans.

We purchased 2 Akira standing fans from Giant Singapore. After about 14 months, the plastic nut that clamp the grille to the motor cracked during cleaning. Coincidentally, the same happened for the 2nd fan. Could not find replacements after checking out shops at Jalan Besar/Towner Road n Bugis Thieves Market.

Had to improvise and fix the plastic nut with steel wire.

Was at Tesco Bukit indah few days ago. Stumbled on some lookalike plastic nut @RM2.90/pc. Not sure whether it can fit onto the Akira fan, so bought 1pc to try.

Yes, it can fit nicely.

post-30845-0-54239500-1468492166_thumb.jpg

post-30845-0-35248700-1468492228_thumb.jpg

post-30845-0-95190800-1468492251_thumb.jpg

• Praise 7

Bros here..

Just wish to ask; if you are well prepared to pay for 7% GST on the purchased ceiling fan incase that it's requested by the officer...

but..

wat you guys normally answer when there is a very classic phrase quoted by the officer: "anything to declare sir"...

Can i just simply say no at first.. but if later they found the fan... then how? Is this considered heating ah gong ah... or i can just self pro-claim that the purchased items are not exceeded SGD150 per head; that's y i've answered "no" initially  [;)]

↡ Advertisement