• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
348 replies to this topic | 434 praises

Posted 10 February 2017 - 10:22 AM

James996
  • Premium member
    James996
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Thanks for the enlightenment.

Yup, totally agreed with you that this forum is to share genuinely good & bad of product or services. 

FYI: RSchip has new update to fix the bugs for IOS and Andriod yesterday.

When I updated the new version for IOS before CNY, I had problem connecting to my RSchip.

I went back to the shop I bought from in March last year and tested with an andriod phone also cannot connect.

So they exchange a new set for me because is still under warranty.

I think is the apps that causes the chip to malfunction. My lesson learned from this incident, only connect to the chip when engine is idling or stationary and try not to update status when is moving.

Thanks for sharing.

I haven try after the update, will try tonight.

Posted 11 February 2017 - 07:38 PM

Kippei
  • Premium member
    Kippei
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I went back to distributor. They did a factory reset. Apparently they *upgraded* the rschip too. Now its working fine.

Posted 30 March 2017 - 05:54 PM

Nitsuji
  • Nitsuji
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Hmmm has anyone tried using this on a volvo? 

I'm driving a V40 T2 and considering RICA or racechip. went to the racechip page but T2 isn't listed though.

Posted 31 March 2017 - 12:29 AM

Columbian78
  • Columbian78
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Hmmm has anyone tried using this on a volvo?

I'm driving a V40 T2 and considering RICA or racechip. went to the racechip page but T2 isn't listed though.

Don't waste time on rschip for turbo engine. You can try tdi tuning. I did a search and they do have v40 t2 listed. There is a local dealer. Search Facebook tdi tuning Singapore.

Posted 31 March 2017 - 12:52 AM

Davidtkl
  • Davidtkl
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Some times you dont need these chips at all.

I sent my car for a good engine tune. FC and pick up must better.

Posted 31 March 2017 - 08:59 AM

Nitsuji
  • Nitsuji
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Thanks for advice!

Posted 31 March 2017 - 10:21 AM

DC1977
  • Premium member
    DC1977
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Don't waste time on rschip for turbo engine. You can try tdi tuning. I did a search and they do have v40 t2 listed. There is a local dealer. Search Facebook tdi tuning Singapore.

u know if they do for c class?

Posted 31 March 2017 - 10:28 AM

Columbian78
  • Columbian78
    5th Gear
    Author Image

u know if they do for c class?

I am sure they do. C class has many many engine variants. Check for yours.
https://tdi-tuning.com/

Some times you dont need these chips at all.

I sent my car for a good engine tune. FC and pick up must better.

For some cars, nobody want or can tune in singapore. Also these add on boxes can be removed during servicing and leave no traces for those that want to maintain their warranty. Cheaper, easier and more cost effective for some.
If i dont care warranty and want the best performance, no brainer decision to get a custom tune. Of cos with some hw mods prior.

Edited by Columbian78, 31 March 2017 - 10:30 AM.

Posted 19 April 2017 - 08:28 PM

86Corolla
  • 86Corolla
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Hi, has anyone used this before? Any reviews? Does these chips actually increase the hp and torque?

just curious not illegal right? heh

Back to Performance and Tuning  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users