RS Chip Tuning

azaouogh

Neutral Newbie

Hmmm has anyone tried using this on a volvo? 

I'm driving a V40 T2 and considering RICA or racechip. went to the racechip page but T2 isn't listed though.

↡ Advertisement

Hmmm has anyone tried using this on a volvo?

I'm driving a V40 T2 and considering RICA or racechip. went to the racechip page but T2 isn't listed though.

Don't waste time on rschip for turbo engine. You can try tdi tuning. I did a search and they do have v40 t2 listed. There is a local dealer. Search Facebook tdi tuning Singapore.

Don't waste time on rschip for turbo engine. You can try tdi tuning. I did a search and they do have v40 t2 listed. There is a local dealer. Search Facebook tdi tuning Singapore.

u know if they do for c class?

u know if they do for c class?

I am sure they do. C class has many many engine variants. Check for yours.

https://tdi-tuning.com/

Some times you dont need these chips at all.

I sent my car for a good engine tune. FC and pick up must better.

For some cars, nobody want or can tune in singapore. Also these add on boxes can be removed during servicing and leave no traces for those that want to maintain their warranty. Cheaper, easier and more cost effective for some.

If i dont care warranty and want the best performance, no brainer decision to get a custom tune. Of cos with some hw mods prior.

Edited by Columbian78

Neutral Newbie

Hi, has anyone used this before? Any reviews? Does these chips actually increase the hp and torque?

just curious not illegal right? heh

Neutral Newbie

I have the older version of rs chip and was thinking to install it on my dad's hyundai elantra elite 2014. I can't seem to find this setting on the website. Can anyone advise?

I have the older version of rs chip and was thinking to install it on my dad's hyundai elantra elite 2014. I can't seem to find this setting on the website. Can anyone advise?

Hi bro,

very simple...just send a email to RSchip support team.

They will upload the file into the database and you can just download from the apps.

You can attention to Eugene on below email and he will notify you once the data has been updated.

Eugene Grigorash <[email protected]>

Cheers.

Anyone can recommend a workshop in yishun to remove and reinstall rs chip?

Dun mean to patronising cos you are asking for help but better google you car type for location of obd socket and diy cos it is really quite simple and you should learn how to do this if you are having it installed.

Cheers.

post-149594-0-74983700-1500785374.jpg

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Dun mean to patronising cos you are asking for help but better google you car type for location of obd socket and diy cos it is really quite simple and you should learn how to do this if you are having it installed.

Cheers.

Mine is not plug and play bro. It was installed by crimping wires together and installed while opening the cover under the steering. If it's plug and play I wouldn't need to ask.

I need someone who did the first version to undo the installation cos my car is going for scrapping. Besides I need to go back to reinstall to download the other car model dataset for my next car.

Edited by cadbury

Mine is not plug and play bro. It was installed by crimping wires together and installed while opening the cover under the steering. If it's plug and play I wouldn't need to ask.

I need someone who did the first version to undo the installation cos my car is going for scrapping. Besides I need to go back to reinstall to download the other car model dataset for my next car.

Aaaah ..mine is new version and din know you have older version.

Dun know yishun but can go fongkim at eunos then.

Cheers.

Hi bro, you can try SgGarage at 2 Yishun Industrial Street 1, #01-19, North Point Bizhub, 768159

Hours:

Phone: 9785 6612
Call before you head down as most of the time they are busy.

Neutral Newbie

Hi bro, you can try SgGarage at 2 Yishun Industrial Street 1, #01-19, North Point Bizhub, 768159

Hours:

Open daily: 12â8PM (Closed on Wednesday)

Phone: 9785 6612

Call before you head down as most of the time they are busy.

Thanks! Couldn't praise anyone yet but thanks!

You disliked my post, and at least had the balls to leave your name, so good for you, I respect that.

Now prove that throttle boosters (e.g. Sprint Booster) work. Objectively

I'm not going to ask you to show me dyno curves, because I know that throttle boosters are not even claimed to increase those figures.

I *am* going to ask you to show me any objective, reliable evidence that throttle boosters improve (decrease) timings in controlled sprints. The simplest measure is a 0 to 60mph run.

Because, if there's no *objective* improvement in acceleration time, all you're left with is a "feel good" subjective feeling about how "fast" the car "feels".

So - can you come up with anything objective?

I'm guessing no.

Because even Sprint Booster's website freely admits the 0 to 60mph timings are completely unchanged.

https://www.sprintboostersales.com/whyitworks.cfm

Something that makes you *feel* something has improved without any *demonstrable, objective* improvement is almost an exact analogue of snake oil in Medicine.

Prove me wrong. You make the claim that throttle boosters work - the burden of the proof is on you.

Hi Turboflat4,

Just realised you added 2nd dislike stating I did not respond .... you are really too fast and too furious but betta than the usual anonymous dislike.

Nothing to proof to you except 70+ qashqai whatsapp bros who fitted various brands of ethrottle from pivot drive, racechip response, freepower etc. who loves it for the improved response and quicker maxed out torque at 1.75k rpm.

Please get off your high horse of customised tuning where indeed you can increased some torque and bhp at 4-6k rpm of little use through primarily mod turbo boost, airfuel ratio and valve timing while ecu piggyback like TDI, Racechip Ultimate, Bluespark etc. but with CONFIRMED warranty void while ethrottles are ok for most AD.

Hope you are happy now with my response since you asked for it even with dislike :(

Cheers,

while ecu piggyback like TDI, Racechip Ultimate, Bluespark etc. only boost turbo with adjustment on air/fuel ratio but with CONFIRMED warranty void for both while ethrottles are ok for most ADs.

Hi richard, just want to clarify with you that when u say e throttles are ok for most ADs, u mean they do not say anything or take action when they see it installed in your car when u bring back for servicing. The ADs themselves never issue an official document to say it is approved and will not void warranty. If something goes wrong with your throttle like tps eror code (throttle position sensor) they will likely take action if they have evidence u installed e throttle.

I myself installed a racechip response in the past. It worked as the product claimed, however it did not do what i wanted which was smthing else so i largely leave it off but installed. Until one day a tps error code was triggered. I removed the e throttle and brought it back to tan chong whom cleared the code and questioned if i installed e throttle. After that i quickly sold it off. Bear in mind i did not find it useful for my app but it does work as it claims.

Btw since this is a rschip thread, i had it in my car before but it has no effect so i also sold it away after few months. Small turbo engine car. Maybe it worka for na engine better

↡ Advertisement