Will used car price drop after 33% increment of COE in May?

Guanleng

Turbocharged

Now 2nd hand car also still got crazy depre of 12~18k for most typical models. How better value than new car?

Only thing that article say that makes sense to me is allowing motorcycles to propagate more freely...

Writer of the article is LJL from CB.sg by the ways. Seems strange he would give such opinion.

Edited by 7hm

From personal POV, I support NO LOAN!

100% cash for cars. Then price will drop.

Well, maybe COE will drop but the used car dealers will rub hands in glee and mark up those 1-2 year COE cars...

Edited by Ake109

I'm sure Mr. Leow Ju-Len would be impressed to be referred to as a "foreign Indian chief"

To the very best of my knowledge he is a true blue pinky....

Actually, Leow is the only local car journalist I like. In terms of writing ability for car reviews, at least his articles are more entertaining.

every dollar $ is KPI

you think PG card and benefits drop from sky?

look at the budget explanation ... revenues collected from property and transportation jin ho jiak ...

Lol. Then i wonder during the hay days of 05-09 where did the rest of the revenue come from..

Whoever wrote this must be a foreign Indian chief. Whoever wrote it and is here wake up your idea. Just becoz you come from a big western country and have study economics that doesn't make you a policy expert here.

The local government created COE as a tool to control vehicular population, it's not a tool to help ppl own a car or two. If you think "control" is very un-democratic you are not wrong. If you still think Singapore is a democratic society it's time to wake up and smell the coffee. The intention though not very obvious is that the government wants ppl to take public transport, not own a car. Singapore is small with limited road infrastructure it can only hold so many vehicles. You won't want your car to be stuck in a jam for hours anyway.

So shut dup and stop discussing on COE prices if you dunno jack. Local ppl had already screw it up recently thinking they are smart also, suggesting all kinda ideas to help themselves own a car.

Praise praise praise. Clap

Yeah!

Turbocharged

Actually, Leow is the only local car journalist I like. In terms of writing ability for car reviews, at least his articles are more entertaining.

It's better than you know -

the guy is a Ducati fan, and a genuinely nice guy as well -

the very first motoring journalist I spoke to when I first started "doing" PR...a really cool guy.

Well, maybe COE will drop but the used car dealers will rub hands in glee and mark up those 1-2 year COE cars...

Eh, suddenly i got supporter??

Yeah!

Is revenue part of their kpi? Thought lta is supposed to be npo? Sorry I'm a nube.

NPO is the last thing on the pappy's mind .... the whole country is run like a Corporation.

Other than what WT said ... the 黑财神(瘟神) stated 5B will be allocated for infra ... thats why the coe stayed high ... In order to collect $ faster , they implemented the min DP of 50% . . 一石二鸟

Eh, suddenly i got supporter??

Yeah!

I support Free Cash ! ahaha

• Praise 4

Lol. Then i wonder during the hay days of 05-09 where did the rest of the revenue come from..

In the old days ... trade was good. investment was good. life was simple.

Somehow , things turn up side down.... maybe 他妈死 lost tons of $. 真的是他妈的去死 。。。 哈哈

so now CPF min up , coe up , petrol up , pub up , transport up , property tax up , Tax up ,

Its very obvious they run out $$$.

So now poor peasants need to pay for it ...

Edited by Angcheek
  • Praise 5

In the old days ... trade was good. investment was good. life was simple.

Somehow , things turn up side down.... maybe 他妈死 lost tons of $. 真的是他妈的去死 。。。 哈哈

so now CPF min up , coe up , petrol up , pub up , transport up , property tax up , Tax up ,

Its very obvious they run out $$$.

So now poor peasants need to pay for it ...

Only 3 letters best describe...k and n and n.

• Praise 3

No need all these loan restriction.

The fastest way to falling COE is bidding via SingPass for all Cat except Open.

Immediately, it will wipe out ppl w/o cash to pay for COE.

• Praise 2

Work only if coe is high...

• Praise 2

unable to predict how coe n used car price be like nowadays; twas unlike pre-2010.

i still have ppl telling me buy used for 10-20% lower depre currently, but i know very well not anymore.

same for property - if CM removed, sure have lotsa onlookers cheong n that may stagnate current market somehow.

the way i see it, it's like a continual desire / greed before a crash, if not a prolonged stagnation of value, both car n house.

Yah, I very ANGRY with LTA and minister for refusing to implement the direct bidding.

• Praise 2

Yah, I very ANGRY with LTA and minister for refusing to implement the direct bidding.

u can bid urself

findinga dealer who wishes to offer u a car without COE is another

Used car or new car, the population is still the same fixed. How is letting more people buy used car going to change that ??? Used car got no COE quota meh ?

hmmm maybe that will work .......

all used car COE goes back to the pool ... if used car wan to sell off the car, bid for the coe lor.

possible ?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2