Audi A3 Sedan/Sportsback Owners - Check In

zerobim08

For prospective buyers of the A3:

Extracted from review by WhatCar:

On 1.0L engine: "The 1.0 TFSI three-cylinder is a sweet unit and very well suited to town driving, but you’ll have to work it quite hard for motorway trips."

On built quality: "The A3’s interior is the benchmark for how a family hatchback's should look and feel; the whole interior is built from the sort of high-grade materials you’d usually expect to find in an executive saloon...Everything feels wonderfully well screwed together, too, while the beautifully weighted switches and super-slim infotainment screen add to the impression that no expense has been spared."

On handling: "The Audi A3 changes direction eagerly, and there’s more than enough grip and little body roll... the A3’s steering doesn’t offer a huge amount of feedback, but it’s precise and has consistent weight."

On reliability: "the car didn’t score particularly well"

Hope it helps give some idea of what you are getting yourself :)

Edited by thedryvr

you are now saying you buy a A3 in UK and drive in Singapore. Possible? Totally out of point.

Fiat and Opel, they are conti but not the same segment as the big 3 from Germany. Fiat and Opel are like VW brand, how to compare with the big 3 premium brand?

Why PA not including the basic tech? The only reason I can think of is cut cost. Price an A3 at 140k, will buyer go for A3 or just 5k or more for a CLA? Or maybe get a 136k or so Camry? This is their marketing. If you really like all these tech, PA is not stopping you from adding them on. It just cost money.

i didn't say anything about buying an A3 in the UK. The UK is where i bought my wallet from. So if you like Tumi stuffs, feel free to visit their outlet store in Bicester. 

and yes, i get your point about adding money. just that i'm a miser and refuses to pay money for it because the less "premium" brand is offering it with less moolah. 

i didn't say anything about buying an A3 in the UK. The UK is where i bought my wallet from. So if you like Tumi stuffs, feel free to visit their outlet store in Bicester.

and yes, i get your point about adding money. just that i'm a miser and refuses to pay money for it because the less "premium" brand is offering it with less moolah.

The Jap/Kor brands are not really offering these option for less money. The correct way to say is Jap/Kor offer these options you at a cheaper price but in exchange for giving you cheaper plastic/interior, cheaper engine, cheaper transmission, cheaper lights and lesser safety features.

Edited by zerobim08

I think my sentence to chim for you to understand. Maybe I explain a bit.

Basically, I'm saying you can buy your wallet in UK and use it in Singapore. But can you buy a car in UK(UK price), and use it in Singapore without paying COE and ARF?

So in all, I'm saying you want you compare a Tumi wallet price in Singapore boutique shop, and a Tumi wallet price in wherever around the world Tumi Wallet price in Boutique shop.

It doesn't make sense to compare a discounted price object with a fully taxed price object. In this instance, don't compare a car which can be bought cheaply overseas and compare to a car which is heavily tax in Singapore.

The Jap/Kor brands are not really offering these option for less money. The correct way to say is Jap/Kor offer these options you at a cheaper price but in exchange for giving you cheaper plastic/interior, cheaper engine, cheaper transmission, cheaper lights and lesser safety features.

Hmm what safety features on the A3? Those automatic braking steering etc to prevent accident all dun have rite? Or is standard?

On 1.0L engine: "The 1.0 TFSI three-cylinder is a sweet unit and very well suited to town driving, but youâll have to work it quite hard for motorway trips."

On built quality: "The A3âs interior is the benchmark for how a family hatchback's should look and feel; the whole interior is built from the sort of high-grade materials youâd usually expect to find in an executive saloon...Everything feels wonderfully well screwed together, too, while the beautifully weighted switches and super-slim infotainment screen add to the impression that no expense has been spared."

On handling: "The Audi A3 changes direction eagerly, and thereâs more than enough grip and little body roll... the A3âs steering doesnât offer a huge amount of feedback, but itâs precise and has consistent weight."

On reliability: "the car didnât score particularly well"

That's odd about well screwed together and yet it's not so reliable..

well, i guess you're right. 

I think my sentence to chim for you to understand. Maybe I explain a bit.

Basically, I'm saying you can buy your wallet in UK and use it in Singapore. But can you buy a car in UK(UK price), and use it in Singapore without paying COE and ARF?

So in all, I'm saying you want you compare a Tumi wallet price in Singapore boutique shop, and a Tumi wallet price in wherever around the world Tumi Wallet price in Boutique shop.

It doesn't make sense to compare a discounted price object with a fully taxed price object. In this instance, don't compare a car which can be bought cheaply overseas and compare to a car which is heavily tax in Singapore.

i agree your sentence is too complex for a layman like me to understand.

let me try to answer your questions.

Yes, i can buy my wallet in UK and use in Singapore.

No, i can't buy a car in UK with UK prices and use it in Singapore without paying taxes.

Yes, i like comparing prices bought at a boutique shop vs an outlet shop. It's like buying off-season items. Nothing wrong with it. and if you think it doesn't make sense for me to compare my discounted price object with a fully taxed price object, then so be it. i prefer more bang for buck under my own expectations.

even if i were to remove taxes out of the argument, having PA removing basic necessities while adding bells and whistles as part of their strategy, then so be it. I'm sure there are guys who don't care about the basics but i'm also sure there are. 

even if i were to remove taxes out of the argument, having PA removing basic necessities while adding bells and whistles as part of their strategy, then so be it. I'm sure there are guys who don't care about the basics but i'm also sure there are. 

Sorry what basic stuff are you talking about that are not included in A3?

So can you tell me whether the following "basic" stuff that comes standard for A3 included in the cheaper Jap/Kor.

1. Acoustic windscreen and heat-insulating side and back glass

2. Electro-mechanical parking brake

3. 8 speakers sound system with retractable LCD screen

4. LED interior lighting (incl ambient lights at footwells, central console, door handle)

5. Front and back DRLs

6. Heated / auto-retractable / auto-dim wing mirrors

7. HID Xenon head lights including washer

8. Remote opening/closing of windows

9. Drive Select to modify steering feel/weight and drive mode (efficiency/comfort/dynamic)

10. 7 airbags and traction control

11.  Multi-zone aircon temperature control including rear aircon

12. SD card slot, audio jack, BT music/phone, CD-player and car voice command system

13. 3 power points (front, back and boot)

14. Auto-lock / one-touch release for all 4 windows / leaving and coming home lighting / remote boot opening

15. Bonnet insulator

16. High resolution color display for driver information system

17. Cruise control

18. Shift paddle

On 1.0L engine: "The 1.0 TFSI three-cylinder is a sweet unit and very well suited to town driving, but you’ll have to work it quite hard for motorway trips."

On built quality: "The A3’s interior is the benchmark for how a family hatchback's should look and feel; the whole interior is built from the sort of high-grade materials you’d usually expect to find in an executive saloon...Everything feels wonderfully well screwed together, too, while the beautifully weighted switches and super-slim infotainment screen add to the impression that no expense has been spared."

On handling: "The Audi A3 changes direction eagerly, and there’s more than enough grip and little body roll... the A3’s steering doesn’t offer a huge amount of feedback, but it’s precise and has consistent weight."

On reliability: "the car didn’t score particularly well"

Finally, looks like i am not the only one to find Audi's handling to be lacking feedback...

So can you tell me whether the following "basic" stuff that comes standard for A3 included in the cheaper Jap/Kor.

4. LED interior lighting (incl ambient lights at footwells, central console, door handle)

5. Front and back DRLs

9. Drive Select to modify steering feel/weight and drive mode (efficiency/comfort/dynamic)

11. Multi-zone aircon temperature control including rear aircon

12. SD card slot, audio jack, BT music/phone, CD-player and car voice command system

14. Auto-lock / one-touch release for all 4 windows / leaving and coming home lighting / remote boot opening

15. Bonnet insulator

17. Cruise control

18. Shift paddle

Actually most of these features Kia k3 has it...

But lets not compare them over here.

5. Front and back DRLs

15. Bonnet insulator

17. Cruise control

18. Shift paddle

Wah bro, i really hv to give it to u!.. u hv a lot of time n energy to entertain e guy. My suggestion is to let him be. Dun waste ur efforts..

Wah bro, i really hv to give it to u!.. u hv a lot of time n energy to entertain e guy. My suggestion is to let him be. Dun waste ur efforts..

Just copy and paste lah

Finally, looks like i am not the only one to find Audi's handling to be lacking feedback...

Tink coz too smooth la. The review always say it is so smooth and quiet to the point that it is boring and lack feedback.

5. Front and back DRLs

15. Bonnet insulator

17. Cruise control

18. Shift paddle

Gd job man. Got brake auto hold and auto wiper?

Still takes alot of effort to do such extensive research!

Well... copy and paste from spec sheet from PA.

Tink coz too smooth la. The review always say it is so smooth and quiet to the point that it is boring and lack feedback.

Gd job man. Got brake auto hold and auto wiper?

-Auto hold is there.. think it is part of the S-tronic function

-rain sensing wiper available

-auto headlights (part of xenon package)

↡ Advertisement