Audi A3 Sedan/Sportsback Owners - Check In

zerobim08

Obviously there's a problem. Mine just done 15K service and not once top up engine oil over the past year.

Radio volume goes up automatically once the speed goes beyond 120km/h, but back to normal when it comes back down below 120km/h.

Wow, is this a smart feature to mask the increased engine and wind noise at higher speeds?

Edited by Raychay

Wow, is this a smart feature to mask the increased engine and wind noise at higher speeds?

Probably road noise; engine is rather quiet above 120km/h. Believe it can be switched off but I haven't figured it out.

I am deciding between an Audi A3 sedan and Mercs A180 hatchback - both fits my budget. Can you guys please weigh in on the considerations?

Cause now it's with the Lao Pok 1.0turbo.

Thanks. I checked sgcarmart and saw that the list price fell too - from $142k in Mar 16 to $132/137 in late 2016.

• Praise 1

I am deciding between an Audi A3 sedan and Mercs A180 hatchback - both fits my budget. Can you guys please weigh in on the considerations?

Thanks. I checked sgcarmart and saw that the list price fell too - from $142k in Mar 16 to $132/137 in late 2016.

test drove both already?

• Praise 1

test drove both already?

Yes I did but only once. And i actually found the Audi to be a smoother ride. I am puzzled cos Audi is 1.4 while Mercs is 1.6. I am not an expert so i may not be looking at the right number to determine smoothness of ride.

Yes I did but only once. And i actually found the Audi to be a smoother ride. I am puzzled cos Audi is 1.4 while Mercs is 1.6. I am not an expert so i may not be looking at the right number to determine smoothness of ride.

U do know the latest A3 is 1 litre right? If u had test drove the 1.4l, I would suggest u try out the 1 litre n compare it back to back with the A180 so that I can have an immediate comparison.

• Praise 4

The Merc DCT not very smooth. Better to test drive the A3 1.0T back to back and try again.

Can consider the BMW 116D as well if your mileage is high.

• Praise 2

did not test drive the 1.4 audi but the 1.0 definitely still feels better than the civic 1.6...

Are you talking literally about 'feel'? Yes, the plastics are definitely superior in the Audi.

But even as we diss the touch, you will be surprised that those same creaky plastic might be quite hardy, and that 1.5Tengine is far more spirited.

You can't compare directly to the 1.6NA, since that will cost easily 20k less..

But I couldn't stand the plastics, the low slung chassis and the price of the 1.5T was too much for me..

Basic car nothing added. 122,999. Difficult to get good deals nowadays. Managed to book the tango red with chestnut brown seats.

Separately quoted 426 (GST included) for front/back IROAD V7 camera, with labor. Wondering what to choose for the Cool n Lite solar films? Titan package too ex...

Hi,

For the iroad camera installed by Audi, can it be on parking mode and not over-drain the car battery?

• Praise 1

Twincharged

If you already find the A3 smooth the 116d with the 8apeed will be tofu smooth. The A3 has a good pricing. But the drive loses out for me to the 116d.
  • Praise 1

The Merc DCT not very smooth. Better to test drive the A3 1.0T back to back and try again.

Can consider the BMW 116D as well if your mileage is high.

Does DCT thing affects all Mercs cars? Or is it only restricted to the A180?

The last i test drive was in early 2016 when A3 was still in 1.4

Twincharged

Does DCT thing affects all Mercs cars? Or is it only restricted to the A180?

The last i test drive was in early 2016 when A3 was still in 1.4

DCT on A and B class. And performance dct on amg gt.

Bro

Someone also tried them, and posted his views just a few pages back..

Very different in so many ways..

Sedan vs hatch

Gearbox

Price

Engine size

Country of build etc

You have to decide for yourself bro...

I guess we are probably considering hard for both models. I test drive the A200 (SE offer better trade in for A200 than A180) and A3.

I agree with you that A3 although is a 1.0, has a very smooth drive compared to the 1.6 A200. Pick up is good, drives well at higher speeds. A200 seems to be abit draggy at lower speeds although still acceptable.

Interior wise both are of good built. Equipment wise both are similar although A200 seems to have an edge with Apple CarPlay, fanciful mood colours, 17" rims (A3 16" only -.-"), although A3 has full leather seats, and rather good stock sound system (I heard is 8 speakers?). A3 sedan seems to have a bigger boot as well and I like the rear seats which are tilted at a slight angle upwards.

Price wise A200/A180 is about $15k/$10k more than A3. However C&C offers $5k service credit so the nett nett difference is close depending on which variant you take.

Audi offers 5 years warranty, Merz 3 years warranty.

I know nuts about the perceived resale value or reliability although 江湖传闻 (aka hearsay) say Merz is better but I think we should take that with a punch of salt.

• Praise 1

If you already find the A3 smooth the 116d with the 8apeed will be tofu smooth. The A3 has a good pricing. But the drive loses out for me to the 116d.

116D ride is quite bumpy and noisier as compared to the A3. Think coz 116D drive is more sporty. Comfort wise abit off.

↡ Advertisement