Audi A3 Sedan/Sportsback Owners - Check In

zerobim08

(edited)

Yes, definitiely going car shopping again.

I can understand why Audi offer A3 on 1.0L - affordable luxury sedan. But at that price $125k, I might as well get a VW Jetta (1.4) or VW Pasat (1.8) if i am looking at conti cars. I still think a sedan on 1.0L is a stretch. Maybe i am biased cos all my earlier cars and even current drive are never below 1.2L.

Most probably sticking to my A180. Buying a car is a very personal decision. I have seen young people driving Audi and mature crowd driving A180. I am definitely not young - at least not among those young people you listed!

Thanks everyone for your contribution.

I think it maybe more prudent dont just look at cc. It is better to test drive to have a feel and how you like it. There are many factors at play including weight, engine and gearbox.

If you are looking for hatch your decision will be harder with a3, a180 and 116d within the same price range (+-7k). If you are not considering the badge there are many other better value for money alternatives.

Edited by zerobim08
↡ Advertisement

Yes, definitiely going car shopping again.

I can understand why Audi offer A3 on 1.0L - affordable luxury sedan. But at that price $125k, I might as well get a VW Jetta (1.4) or VW Pasat (1.8) if i am looking at conti cars. I still think a sedan on 1.0L is a stretch. Maybe i am biased cos all my earlier cars and even current drive are never below 1.2L.

Most probably sticking to my A180. Buying a car is a very personal decision. I have seen young people driving Audi and mature crowd driving A180. I am definitely not young - at least not among those young people you listed!

Young at heart included.good luck with your car shopping. Or maybe give Infiniti q50 a go?sporty, 2l Mercedes engine and gearbox at an attractive pricing.

Yes, definitiely going car shopping again.

I can understand why Audi offer A3 on 1.0L - affordable luxury sedan. But at that price $125k, I might as well get a VW Jetta (1.4) or VW Pasat (1.8) if i am looking at conti cars. I still think a sedan on 1.0L is a stretch. Maybe i am biased cos all my earlier cars and even current drive are never below 1.2L.

Most probably sticking to my A180. Buying a car is a very personal decision. I have seen young people driving Audi and mature crowd driving A180. I am definitely not young - at least not among those young people you listed!

The 1.0T is no slouch. Feels faster den most 1.6NA. Light weight and good torque makes the car very agile. Slight turbo lag at the start.

Nv test drive the A180 before. Sat inside the car and strike it off already (too cramp and the pillars are quite big). Not an issue if you dont mind. 

I suspect bro razar is young or young at heart and this isn't his family car so it's the heart that wins.. and it's no longer a 1.4T vs a 1.6T so it's no fight for him.. 

The 1.0T is no slouch. Feels faster den most 1.6NA. Light weight and good torque makes the car very agile. Slight turbo lag at the start.

Nv test drive the A180 before. Sat inside the car and strike it off already (too cramp and the pillars are quite big). Not an issue if you dont mind. 

Agree, I'm surprised when I first drove the 1.4 too, cc is not the only factor for a good drive, so better to test drive first and get a feel. 

Nett. The price in "cash and loans" that I have to pay. Without service credits. If you add service credits, you can "deduct" another 3-5k. The best way to reap this benefit is if you have a car soon to be scrapped. Thus you don't get low balled with the trade in price

Bro can share how you managed to get the offer of 127k for A180 without trade in and deducting the service credits? Very good offer!

Bro can share how you managed to get the offer of 127k for A180 without trade in and deducting the service credits? Very good offer!

Please see my post on overtrades in the Merc owners thread bro..

You can suggest that to the bro which is comparing the A3 1.4T vs the A180.

Somehow I don't think he is looking at a one year old car for the same price as the new 1.0t. I think he is comparing an imaginary 1.4t new vs the A180.

But I could be wrong of course :)

Oh and I am keen to know if the quoted 127k for the A180 is with the price of the overtrade of the car and does it also include the service credits..

If it's a nett price without the credits, that's a good price.

That 1.4t is pretty new in terms of condition. But the price vs the new A3 and I have test drove both, I took the plunge for the new A3 instead... A little of lag during start off is bearable.

That 1.4t is pretty new in terms of condition. But the price vs the new A3 and I have test drove both, I took the plunge for the new A3 instead... A little of lag during start off is bearable.

Agreed, for the same pricing better to get a brand new car. Audi claims the 1.0T is equivalent to the 1.4 anyway  [thumbsup]

3 more days!

Agreed, for the same pricing better to get a brand new car. Audi claims the 1.0T is equivalent to the 1.4 anyway  [thumbsup]

3 more days!

Claims is one thing, on paper looks similar. 1.0t does have this slight lag before 2000rpm due to its smaller engine cc, when starting off from stop.

3 days to car collection bro? Congratz!

3 more days!

Congrats bro.

Do post your impression and pictures here when you get your car.

Claims is one thing, on paper looks similar. 1.0t does have this slight lag before 2000rpm due to its smaller engine cc, when starting off from stop.

3 days to car collection bro? Congratz!

Considering that a Civic 1.6 has only 123bhp/152Nm, and Astra 1.0T has 104bhp/170Nm, i guess the A3 1.0L isnt too shabby and would hardly have problem finding buyers.

Congrats bro.

Do post your impression and pictures here when you get your car.

Yeah. Looking forward to his posts, as he and myself have similar colors (red/chestnut brown). Audi just came back to me on my delivery date, counting 12 days down. 

Heard from SE that there is a huge backlog of buyers and demand was pretty good. Anyone doing collection on the 16th? 

Yeah. Looking forward to his posts, as he and myself have similar colors (red/chestnut brown). Audi just came back to me on my delivery date, counting 12 days down.

Heard from SE that there is a huge backlog of buyers and demand was pretty good. Anyone doing collection on the 16th?

Will be collecting it late afternoon. Have booked my kaki to go out "eat wind" on sat. So will post a brief summary with some pics by sat evening =)

Will be collecting it late afternoon. Have booked my kaki to go out "eat wind" on sat. So will post a brief summary with some pics by sat evening =)

Envy much. Haha... Enjoy bro...

I suspect bro razar is young or young at heart and this isn't his family car so it's the heart that wins.. and it's no longer a 1.4T vs a 1.6T so it's no fight for him.. 

Thanks everyone for their thoughts / views.

This is a family car except my children are all grown up and have their cars liao. =)

But being a true blue Singaporean, must get best value for money.

• Praise 1

If possible could post a picture of the sticker inside the front cover of the service booklet (containing your car factory fitted item codes). If you are not comfortable posting the image, maybe you could list down the codes.

Just want to compare with the old model what are differences.

↡ Advertisement