Audi A3 Sedan/Sportsback Owners - Check In

zerobim08

Neutral Newbie

Just collected by car yesterday. I felt that the start/stop was pretty rough for my car. How does the rest of you feel?

↡ Advertisement

Just collected by car yesterday. I felt that the start/stop was pretty rough for my car. How does the rest of you feel?

i turned it off. it's horrible in a jam...just turn it off and it'll be smooth as butter =)

Neutral Newbie

i turned it off. it's horrible in a jam...just turn it off and it'll be smooth as butter =)

I turned it off too. But i didnt recall it to be that rough during the test drive.

One funny thing I realised after collecting... The daytime running led lights can't seem to be turned off?

Have checked the manual and tinkered around, just doesnt seem to be a way to do it. I look like a lamp post inside the carpark...Hahaha

Other than that, am loving it!

Whenever the engine is running, or when the gear is not at P, the DRL turns on.

Sometimes we just wanna start our car and wait a while in our lots without having people misunderstand we are leaving, so we'd prefer to be discreet and not have anything on.

In this case, before you start your car, turn the headlamp switch to OFF. do not leave it in auto.

Then start your car. The DRL should remain off.

However, the moment you shift out of P, even when your headlamp switch is off, the DRL will come in and the only way to turn it off then, is to cut off ignition.

Try this method and see if it works. Worked for me but I'm driving jap car.

Whenever the engine is running, or when the gear is not at P, the DRL turns on.

Sometimes we just wanna start our car and wait a while in our lots without having people misunderstand we are leaving, so we'd prefer to be discreet and not have anything on.

In this case, before you start your car, turn the headlamp switch to OFF. do not leave it in auto.

Then start your car. The DRL should remain off.

However, the moment you shift out of P, even when your headlamp switch is off, the DRL will come in and the only way to turn it off then, is to cut off ignition.

Try this method and see if it works. Worked for me but I'm driving jap car.

Don't think so for a3. Once on ignition the DRLs come on.

cannot be naughty inside then..no way to be discreet. hahaha. What colour combi did you get bro? 

Got the black with chestnut brown combo. I think they have the nicest shade of brown for leather seats so far. 

1 litre got power meh? Worry abt the wear n tear and the expensive servicing

if u r worried about these go jap / korean route, but do note some jap cars svc also like conti price (e.g. think mazda, honda n nissan). else sell off after warranty / free service.

if u r worried about these go jap / korean route, but do note some jap cars svc also like conti price (e.g. think mazda, honda n nissan). else sell off after warranty / free service.

One thing to note is a3 service is at 15000km interval unlike many jap/kor which is 5000 or 10000km.

If you are typical owner of a3 you just need to do about one service per year.

Hi guys is there any issues with the 2014/2015 a3 models? I'm considering getting a second hand 2014/2015 model, thus checking if any owners here having any issues. thanks!

tried everything and confirmed by SE..there is no way to turn off the DRLs

There is a way for the PFL. Not sure for the newer ones..

Through coding and you will have the option to turn it off in the MMI.

One thing to note is a3 service is at 15000km interval unlike many jap/kor which is 5000 or 10000km.

If you are typical owner of a3 you just need to do about one service per year.

that y when i heard SE told me 3yr free svc i was like whoa since i was under the impression like 60k km, then later she told me 15k km one svc every year i was like cheh.. warranty oso 3yr / 60k km ("lucky" not 45k km).. but read recent posting audi giving 5yr warranty but dunno mileage based warranty detail.

that y when i heard SE told me 3yr free svc i was like whoa since i was under the impression like 60k km, then later she told me 15k km one svc every year i was like cheh.. warranty oso 3yr / 60k km ("lucky" not 45k km).. but read recent posting audi giving 5yr warranty but dunno mileage based warranty detail.

Yep.   Audi sucks on standard warranty.  

Hi guys is there any issues with the 2014/2015 a3 models? I'm considering getting a second hand 2014/2015 model, thus checking if any owners here having any issues. thanks!

Think better get late 2014/2015 reg date onwards.   You have to deduct 4-5 months to get the  actual manufacture date.  The enhanced /modified 7dsg gearbox (after recall) was from 2014 iirc.  

Think better get late 2014/2015 reg date onwards.   You have to deduct 4-5 months to get the  actual manufacture date.  The enhanced /modified 7dsg gearbox (after recall) was from 2014 iirc.  

I have checked some late 2014 and 2015 A3s... After calculation, pricing wise still quite high relative to the new A3. Yes, 1.4 vs 1.0... Actually I feel on SG road which I drive most of the time, difference is not really that big... Maybe if keep running to and fro in North-South highway, maybe 1.4 makes sense. Just personal view...

I have checked some late 2014 and 2015 A3s... After calculation, pricing wise still quite high relative to the new A3. Yes, 1.4 vs 1.0... Actually I feel on SG road which I drive most of the time, difference is not really that big... Maybe if keep running to and fro in North-South highway, maybe 1.4 makes sense. Just personal view...

If price is too close maybe the new model is better buy.  

In terms of substance I think the old 1.4 is better.   The new 1.0 has some cost cutting measures (engine and underpinning). 

I just read yesterday's papers (was too busy) and saw Audi giving 5 years warranty. Looks like the deal is getting better!! Will give much more assurance to buyers. Any catch?

↡ Advertisement