Audi A3 Sedan/Sportsback Owners - Check In

zerobim08

Oh yeah. I was offered 121k less (to opt out):

- 2k for service credit

- 2k for car cam and solar film

- 3k 'discount'

Just curious whether 3years free servicing is worth more than 2k?

That's quite a good deal you have there! Mind sharing your SE contacts. I wonder if the offer still valid now
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Can I check what is the actual FC for the 1.0 model?

I am driving the A1 1.0 I believe it is the same engine used in the A3 as well.

I am getting very very good FC. Ranging from 17km/L to 22km/L

• Praise 1

Anyone just got their A3 recently? Mind sharing the deal you got? If it's not convenient to share in public can just PM me. Think so far the deal Goldbar has is the most attractive, but sadly he's not replying to me about his SE.

Anyone just got their A3 recently? Mind sharing the deal you got? If it's not convenient to share in public can just PM me. Think so far the deal Goldbar has is the most attractive, but sadly he's not replying to me about his SE.

Hey Eric, I hope you don't get offended but sometimes you can't be taking what others 'claimed' to have offered and go out there bargaining. After all you did not know in specific the details of the offer such as trade in and loan and stuffs like that. Moreover you don't even know if that SE who offered the deal exist! No offense to Goldbar but what I mean is I can post it in here that I got an offer for the car at 100k which includes all the freebies I want, are you gonna quote me when negotiating with your SE? If so, if I'm the SE I will personally come into this forum and post a 150K offer without any freebies and claim that I've already given you a very big discount! My advice is just buy when you feel that the price is reasonable and affordable, I agree that you do have to squeeze the SE to the best of your advantage, but just by plucking some random offer from some random guy on forum and hoping to get the same deal ain't the right thing to do. From my point of view the deal that you are currently getting is already good and if you think it's still negotiable, maybe the more proper and efficient channel to go to will be your SE and not this forum.
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

So far so good for me. My SE claimed it's a new DCT dry clutch.

Simi new? It's the same infamous dry clutch DQ200

Hey Eric, I hope you don't get offended but sometimes you can't be taking what others 'claimed' to have offered and go out there bargaining. After all you did not know in specific the details of the offer such as trade in and loan and stuffs like that. Moreover you don't even know if that SE who offered the deal exist! No offense to Goldbar but what I mean is I can post it in here that I got an offer for the car at 100k which includes all the freebies I want, are you gonna quote me when negotiating with your SE? If so, if I'm the SE I will personally come into this forum and post a 150K offer without any freebies and claim that I've already given you a very big discount! My advice is just buy when you feel that the price is reasonable and affordable, I agree that you do have to squeeze the SE to the best of your advantage, but just by plucking some random offer from some random guy on forum and hoping to get the same deal ain't the right thing to do. From my point of view the deal that you are currently getting is already good and if you think it's still negotiable, maybe the more proper and efficient channel to go to will be your SE and not this forum.

No offense taken. I agree with what you said. Anyway, I'm just gathering info so to best safeguard myself from being exploited. End of the day if the SE can give the deal I quote will be good, if cannot then I'm fine with it too, I will definitely not used a forum as a leverage to demand of a similar deal. Also I don't see how someone would wanna fake an offer in the forum unless he/she has nothing better to do or just wanna create havoc for the SE.

Simi new? It's the same infamous dry clutch DQ200

The infamy was in 2012/3.  Think it is bit naive to say that nothing has changed in the 4-5 years.

Supersonic

The infamy was in 2012/3. Think it is bit naive to say that nothing has changed in the 4-5 years.

U mean there's a new DQ200??

U mean there's a new DQ200??

I don't know whether the model designation has changed.

I read somewhere, hardware wise the mechatronics unit and clutch plate design were changed since 2013.  Also the software side the shifting programme was changed to reduce wear on clutch / heat generation in start-stop traffic.

Supercharged

nowadays cost has been very transparent. sgcarmart shows all the cost breakdown of most car brand. from there you can gauge how much u can nego.. cant deviate much.. together with what your trade in car is selling online, you should have a feel. everyone wan to make a living so +/- abit and you comfortable just take.

I don't know whether the model designation has changed.

I read somewhere, hardware wise the mechatronics unit and clutch plate design were changed since 2013.  Also the software side the shifting programme was changed to reduce wear on clutch / heat generation in start-stop traffic.

I just deactivate the start/stop function for good.

nowadays cost has been very transparent. sgcarmart shows all the cost breakdown of most car brand. from there you can gauge how much u can nego.. cant deviate much.. together with what your trade in car is selling online, you should have a feel. everyone wan to make a living so +/- abit and you comfortable just take.

Yep! Just got to know about the breakdown from a friend of mine. Guess the deal I was offered still have room for negotiation. Thanks for informing!

I just deactivate the start/stop function for good.

How/where did you manage to get the start/stop function deactivated for good?

I send my car for servicing at Leng kee, the Guys over there say cannot do it :(

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1