Audi A3 Sedan/Sportsback Owners - Check In

zerobim08

The best I got from the ECU (which btw is quite accurate - verify with the pump reading) on longer drive on e-ways at around 90-100km/h was 24.7km/l.

For my normal commute, using pump reading calculation, my avg is about 17.5km/l. This is about 30/70 (city/hway) with peak hours traffic (and no major jam on the e-way). Mostly 2 persons in car and with start-stop system (which I hate) turned off.

wah, 24.7km/L [dizzy]

unbelievable FC, even Hybrid also hard to achive

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

wah, 24.7km/L [dizzy]

This is instant FC. Even my car can get >20km/L at certain moments if u r driving with a pulse-glide at about 90-100.

If i drive 30-70 provided my route is long enough, even my old tech engine/GB car will get 12km/L. What more with a DSG and small turbo engine.

My friend with A3 report similar numbers to him. Somewhere around 16-17km/L

Edited by Lala81

wah, 24.7km/L [dizzy]

At first I can't believe too. I thought something was wrong with the fuel gauge.

For my normal commute, the first 1/4 tank drop is around 370km in. At half tank I am already near 580km. At 3/4 in it's around 780-800km. I usually top up at this point with pump full reading of about 44-45 litres.

If you drive long distance with uninterrupted traffic you really need to do quite a lot of driving to empty the tank.

This is instant FC. Even my car can get >20km/L at certain moments if u r driving with a pulse-glide at about 90-100.

If i drive 30-70 provided my route is long enough, even my old tech engine/GB car will get 12km/L. What more with a DSG and small turbo engine.

My friend with A3 report similar numbers to him. Somewhere around 16-17km/L

The 24.7km/l is not a moment fuel reading. If it is a moment reading then sometimes I even see 50+. It was the cumulative value for a single trip that lasted 1.5hrs over 90km.

The 24.7km/l is not a moment fuel reading. If it is a moment reading then sometimes I even see 50+. It was the cumulative value for a single trip that lasted 1.5hrs over 90km.

So good, then europeans don't need to bother with diesel engines liao lol.

Not even the A3 2.0L turbo diesel can reach such numbers.

its only rated at 18+km/L purely on the highway. It's combined is 15+ km/L

Edited by Lala81

So good, then europeans don't need to bother with diesel engines liao lol.

The 1.6L diesel version of A3 has even lower FC than petrol A3 1.4. The 1.4L engine in new A3 is a totally new redesigned engine for MQB platform. So obviously, Audi/VW has made quite a lot of efficiency improvement. The new Jetta which I think is still using the old generation 1.4L engine can't get this efficient.

• Praise 2

Dear TS,

Just wondering .... u have made a good decision with the A3 and I am sure that you are loving your ride.

If the CLA180, A3 Sedan and 1 series sedan are the same price, which one would you go for ?

If all same price, I will choose the CLA180 within a heartbeat, mostly for its striking design. The interior is nicely designed too but like TS also shared, very dark and gloomy inside.

If talk about drive, the drivetrain in A3 is more perky and good for Singapore city driving while having lower road tax and more frugal too. The CLA180 throttle response is a bit slow to react. That's always the case with entry level Mercedes it seems to me.

• Praise 1

Just to share my FC since some are interested.

I would first share that 20km/L readout from the DIS is easily achievable on this car once you hit the highways... Not joking..

My best was around 22km/L cruising 80km/h on MCE-KPE.

Based on personal calculation, on average, 48L can go 700KM. So its around 14.5KM/L. But my daily commute is always like less then 5KM to work and sometimes at night my foot will get a little bit heavier. So really i think the fuel consumption is damn good...

Another thing i like about this A3 (or any conti car actually..) is that the backseats can fold down. Very useful when i am transporting my road bike.. Can fit a roadbike with the front wheel out if anybody is wondering.

One thing though, my A3 radio reception really not that good. Like sometimes the volume will decrease when the reception is bad... didn't happen on my Camry and Picnic before..zerobim08 bro got experience this problem?

Edited by zhehao
  • Praise 2

Maybe I'll just share the full comparison I have since some of you find them useful (not just for A3 comparison but you can refer to them for other cars too)

Basic Car Specs

post-155163-0-67299100-1430384308_thumb.png

Features (mostly taken from sgcarmart)

post-155163-0-80825600-1430384344_thumb.png

Car Cost/Ownership

Note: The selling prices are from Jan 2015 Singapore Car Show. I got those prices from negotiating with SE. Prices are final outlay after deducting overtrade (i.e. value above scrap for expiring car) and finance discount. (freebies values not factored in). I think you can use this to give indication of how prices are now by factoring in difference in COE.

post-155163-0-87889800-1430384382_thumb.png

• Praise 6

Maybe I'll just share the full comparison I have since some of you find them useful (not just for A3 comparison but you can refer to them for other cars too)

Basic Car Specs

attachicon.gifCar Compare.PNG

attachicon.gifCar Feat.PNG

Car Cost/Ownership

Note: The selling prices are from Jan 2015 Singapore Car Show. I got those prices from negotiating with SE. Prices are final outlay after deducting overtrade (i.e. value above scrap for expiring car) and finance discount. (freebies values not factored in). I think you can use this to give indication of how prices are now by factoring in difference in COE.

attachicon.gifCar Dollar.PNG

Nice one bro!!! Think you missed out the C180? =3

• Praise 1

Cool data from TS. Did the depre take into account the effect of cevs on ARF?

Yes. Selling price minus final scrap value (CEV taken into account)

Basic Car Specs

Car Cost/Ownership

very nice comparison you have done. Just one thing though, sgcarmart specs are rarely accurate. You need to really go down and take spec sheets from ADs to be sure,

• Praise 1

Basic Car Specs

Car Cost/Ownership

316i has multi-zone and rear aircon

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Thanks for the info! And you got a good deal there at 134k only with 64.7KCOE.

I'm looking to buy A3 Sedan in the next few months. the car show last week was 143K, I wonder how much we buyer can negotiate down from this price?

Btw, A3 doesn't have keyless engine start?

• Praise 1

Thanks for the info! And you got a good deal there at 134k only with 64.7KCOE.

I'm looking to buy A3 Sedan in the next few months. the car show last week was 143K, I wonder how much we buyer can negotiate down from this price?

Btw, A3 doesn't have keyless engine start?

no keyless, no electric seats, no sunroof for the 143k car with 27k omv..

• Praise 1

no keyless, no electric seats, no sunroof for the 143k car with 27k omv..

buying a Audi without all these like..abit shortchanged leh.. dont you feel?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2