Audi A3 Sedan/Sportsback Owners - Check In

zerobim08

Neutral Newbie

Please check in if you are a Audi A3 owners.  Please state your type and also year and any other info you like to share.

My car info:

-A3 Sedan Ambiente trim (Type 8V - model year 2015).  

-Delivery in Mar 2015.  

-OMV=27.2K.  COE=64.7K  AD gross margin=18.5K. 

During my evaluation, I gathered some info about the A3 compared to other similar cars in Singapore. Just for your information (see table below).  I welcome any questions.  I have also done a brief review in sgcarmart for this car too.

attachicon.gifCar Compare Chart.PNG

any 2016 details?

↡ Advertisement

I am looking for a new conti car , either Merc A/B/C or A3 , any suggestions/ opinions ?

There seem to be many spilt opinions.

When I was looking to replace my car,

B class, A3 and 3 series were in my shortlist among some other japs.

After the testdrives, B class can't make it. Din try C as it was too ex for me then, just launched and spouse din really like it. Left with A3 and 3 series. Both drive very nice. 3 series handles very well round the corners and has good torque off the line. A3 gives me the fun torque steer when I pressed hard on the accelerator exiting a bend.

Hope the above helps.

When I was looking to replace my car,

B class, A3 and 3 series were in my shortlist among some other japs.

After the testdrives, B class can't make it. Din try C as it was too ex for me then, just launched and spouse din really like it. Left with A3 and 3 series. Both drive very nice. 3 series handles very well round the corners and has good torque off the line. A3 gives me the fun torque steer when I pressed hard on the accelerator exiting a bend.

Hope the above helps.

You consider A class before? My sis in law n hubby driving it. 2 years already no prob w the car

(edited)

You consider A class before? My sis in law n hubby driving it. 2 years already no prob w the car

Nope. My spouse and I went into and out of the car in less than 10sec. Claustrophobic...no go. We like spacious and unclattered interior lines.

A3 interior size is probably the smallest I can accept.

Edited by Rskc

A3 owners here, been reading Audi cars burn engine oil. Do you guys happen to observe that? Is there no dipstick to gauge the engine oil in the engine?

Neutral Newbie

Tks Passion! The engine oil thing, have been hearing quite a no of times. But as Long as u do ur servicing, it should not be a problem.

As for gear box, Audi amongst the 3 Brand have been reliable so far. And PA has a reputation to maintain. If anything, just talk to the SA manager and I believe they are reasonable.

Tks Passion! The engine oil thing, have been hearing quite a no of times. But as Long as u do ur servicing, it should not be a problem.

As for gear box, Audi amongst the 3 Brand have been reliable so far. And PA has a reputation to maintain. If anything, just talk to the SA manager and I believe they are reasonable.

For the engine oil, the SE told me because the car got turbo and it is running hot, thus will burn the engine oil. I think this is reasonable. But it will be like 5000km to 1L top up, I'm not sure if this is accurate. Maybe those already own a Audi can clarify.

As for gearbox, I'm still researching, if it is the same as Volks, then I think it will be a scary thing.

Neutral Newbie

@insan Congrats!

Mind sharing how much PA is doing for the A3 sedan and what freebies are thrown in? Cheers!

Got mine in the last week of May when the list price was 126999. Got a small discount and the std freebies, solar film, 3 yrs servicing. Squeezed for car mats. Unlike jap cars, SEs are not forthcoming in their freebies.

Got mine in the last week of May when the list price was 126999. Got a small discount and the std freebies, solar film, 3 yrs servicing. Squeezed for car mats. Unlike jap cars, SEs are not forthcoming in their freebies.

Welcome to e a3 club! I do see more n more a3 on e road which is gd news! Theres already 3 parked at my office carpark.

Welcome to e a3 club! I do see more n more a3 on e road which is gd news! Theres already 3 parked at my office carpark.

If you go to Aperia.. There have like 5-10 Audi A3 in the day time. 

Not forgetting the numerous amounts of Q5/Q7/A6/A8 too! Most common brand in the entire carpark lol.

A3 owners here, been reading Audi cars burn engine oil. Do you guys happen to observe that? Is there no dipstick to gauge the engine oil in the engine?

No such issue with mine.  For both my 15K service, before sending the car in, the oil level dipped about 1/5 between the full and low mark on the dip stick (for a distance of 15K km)  - yes A3 has a dipstick.  however I am no racer and rpm seldom goes above 5000rpm.

I think the previous generation 2.0T and 1.4t twin-charge engines were the one with the oil consumption issue.

If you go to Aperia.. There have like 5-10 Audi A3 in the day time. 

Not forgetting the numerous amounts of Q5/Q7/A6/A8 too! Most common brand in the entire carpark lol.

Isn't it because Audi HQ and training centre is there.....

No such issue with mine.  For both my 15K service, before sending the car in, the oil level dipped about 1/5 between the full and low mark on the dip stick (for a distance of 15K km)  - yes A3 has a dipstick.  however I am no racer and rpm seldom goes above 5000rpm.

I think the previous generation 2.0T and 1.4t twin-charge engines were the one with the oil consumption issue.

Woah.. Thanks for the clarification. So far, your DSG any issue? I googled and alot say A3 are using DQ200 gearbox, similar to volkswagen. 

Isn't it because Audi HQ and training centre is there.....

Wow really? Haha I didn't know, thanks for the headsup!!!

↡ Advertisement