Honda Mobilio

Csc2015

Would appreciate it if you could let me know the models. Suggestions welcome.

Driven a kia carens before, the fuel consumption was killing and decided not to go for Kia carens anymore and also now Kia carens is in Cat B.

Just go to sgcarmart. Whatever car you are looking at you scroll down to look at "similar new cars" you will find a range of cars in the same price range. If you are looking at low fc and Cat A suggest you go for a small car instead of this compact MPV. Dun expect Honda to be very fuel efficient.

↡ Advertisement

If you check on the material quality and spec of the interior, you will faint..

You may thought you get into a car build in the early 90s...

it takes a brave man to buy it...

it takes a brave man to buy it...

I believe most ppl who has their eye on this car is becoz it's big on space, small engine capacity thinking it's fuel efficient and low road tax or Cat A. The best of many worlds. Plus it's a Honda, resale value also good so how far wrong can it go even if it's made for Indonesia? But the quality of this Honda is questionable.

I think ppl got to go take a look in the metal & test drive fully loaded before signing the dotted line.

• Praise 1

But the fact is, it is made in Thailand, so it's pretty close enough. Haha

I also saw it recently. Ok lah. IMO still better looking dan the Avanza.

Maybe it's still new, after a while when it starts to look dated and if it's dirty it will start to look like an Indonesian/Malaysian car or at least reminds you of one. [:p]

Turbocharged

Just to share my view on this car. 1st impression to the show room few months ago. It was a total turn off.

Revisit yesterday after seeing Sabaru XV. Hey, some how my impression changed. The extrior looks like the Jazz but longer with body kit. Interior has improved for dashboard. Still plasticy but acceptable. Maybe the leather seats and color of the show car help. The last one was an orange odd color.

Took a test drive. Power seems adequate with 6 adults and the 3rd row in fact is better than my wish. The additional air supply grilles above the wind row seat ceiling was great. I cannot understand all those installed between the front seat bottom. I would rather not have them.

Noisy when you rev up but normal driving was OK. It will give both caren and sienta a good fight. Of course there is a few more in this segment.

• Praise 3

Just to share my view on this car. 1st impression to the show room few months ago. It was a total turn off.

Revisit yesterday after seeing Sabaru XV. Hey, some how my impression changed. The extrior looks like the Jazz but longer with body kit. Interior has improved for dashboard. Still plasticy but acceptable. Maybe the leather seats and color of the show car help. The last one was an orange odd color.

Took a test drive. Power seems adequate with 6 adults and the 3rd row in fact is better than my wish. The additional air supply grilles above the wind row seat ceiling was great. I cannot understand all those installed between the front seat bottom. I would rather not have them.

Noisy when you rev up but normal driving was OK. It will give both caren and sienta a good fight. Of course there is a few more in this segment.

Glad you have a good impression of the car. We chose it over Wish and others in the same segment due to the better 3rd row. It has slightly better leg room and the getting in and out was easier due to the flip up 2nd row seats.

However as I seldom need to flip up the 2nd row seats I found it stuck if I am flipping the 1/3 side. It is easier to flip the 2/3 side due to the heavier and thus stronger momentum when flipped.

The noisy engine sound above 3K rpm will get better over time. Especially after the 1st servicing, you will notice it to be smoother.

There is a noticeable lag between jabbing the throttle and pickup but any aftermarket throttle controller and piggyback chip should be able to help. It is meant for smooth cruising and this CVT is one of the best I have used in a Jap car. Gear changes are very smooth.

There is not much accessories in the market for it (which my wife is especially happy about). So if you are someone who likes to mod your ride you won't have much to do.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

Looking at how this car sell, it is obvious that safety equipment and safety of the car is on the lowest priority of many Singapore buyer.

It has only 2 airbag, no traction control, no ESP etc..... This car safety spec can't even sell in Europe..

Maybe people here just don't care, still so many never put on seat belt when sitting at rear.

Once the brand is Honda, it must be good....

• Praise 1

I think pple will be really concerned if local statistics show that cars with these lower safety specs get into serious accidents more often.

LTA would also intervene with mandatory rules like rear seat belts which didn't come standard in the 90s.

Our local traffic condition is also not as severe as overseas which would require higher spec safety features.

I don't have statistics to back me up but my visits to workshops have seen a fair share of seriously banged up cars from various makes.

However if I travel out of Singapore often I would consider a tougher car as just in case.

Owners buy within their budget and needs and would be mindful of what their cars are capable of. And in that sense it is the drivers that make it unsafe.

Case in point - between Mobilio and Wish I would say Wish is a safer car in terms of those safety features. But whether those features are worth choosing over other factors is quite up to individual. For myself it wasn't compelling enough given the amount of time I am travelling full load and the places I travel to.

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

Looking at how this car sell, it is obvious that safety equipment and safety of the car is on the lowest priority of many Singapore buyer.

It has only 2 airbag, no traction control, no ESP etc..... This car safety spec can't even sell in Europe..

Maybe people here just don't care, still so many never put on seat belt when sitting at rear.

Once the brand is Honda, it must be good....

If you are buying the car for Singapore city use and don't travel above the speed limit of 90 km for our 'express way'. I think this car is safe enough. Even if you have the 5 star european rating, if you go on the NS highway, just look at the type of vehicles on their road, I don't think your 5-star mean much too. :a-m1524:

Have safety rating is still better than don't have. Most Japanese models sold here are not even in the European market. It tells a lot about their safety standard but was selling well here too.

In my opinion, Singaporean are just very brand conscious not just for cars. In the 70, it mainly the Ford and British cars. Datsun is today's Cherry.  :a-whiteflag: 

• Praise 2

Hypersonic

If you are buying the car for Singapore city use and don't travel above the speed limit of 90 km for our 'express way'. I think this car is safe enough. Even if you have the 5 star european rating, if you go on the NS highway, just look at the type of vehicles on their road, I don't think your 5-star mean much too. :a-m1524:

Have safety rating is still better than don't have. Most Japanese models sold here are not even in the European market. It tells a lot about their safety standard but was selling well here too.

In my opinion, Singaporean are just very brand conscious not just for cars. In the 70, it mainly the Ford and British cars. Datsun is today's Cherry.  :a-whiteflag: 

Bro, you don't need traveling high speed to get into a serious accident.

During the early 90s when I still driving my father car, had a near miss to accident.

Car was only traveling about 50km/h on a light raining night, a dog suddenly dash out of the road. Emergency brake caused the car to skid and swing around to opposite side road (no center divider). Lucky no car on opposite side and no car behind me.

The car was from 80s and had no abs, no esp etc....

A traction control or ESP will help to prevent/reduce the car from skidding and gone out of control. You will never know when you will need it. It is always good to have equip with the car.

Supersonic

Its a bnb car that can fetch 6 comcortably n has rear aircon for rear passengers. When this car can sell, it also shows cars are less than a luxury to some.

• Praise 2

During the early 90s when I still driving my father car, had a near miss to accident.

Car was only traveling about 50km/h on a light raining night, a dog suddenly dash out of the road. Emergency brake caused the car to skid and swing around to opposite side road (no center divider). Lucky no car on opposite side and no car behind me.

A traction control or ESP will help to prevent/reduce the car from skidding and gone out of control. You will never know when you will need it. It is always good to have equip with the car.

Bro, u definitely have your point and I fully agree with u. I din choose mobilio coz it only has 2 airbags. But everyone have their own needs and wants and a budget to fit. Just dun think it's fair to say that they dun care abt safety. Cheers.
  • Praise 1

I think pple will be really concerned if local statistics show that cars with these lower safety specs get into serious accidents more often.

LTA would also intervene with mandatory rules like rear seat belts which didn't come standard in the 90s.

Our local traffic condition is also not as severe as overseas which would require higher spec safety features.

I don't have statistics to back me up but my visits to workshops have seen a fair share of seriously banged up cars from various makes.

However if I travel out of Singapore often I would consider a tougher car as just in case.

Owners buy within their budget and needs and would be mindful of what their cars are capable of. And in that sense it is the drivers that make it unsafe.

Case in point - between Mobilio and Wish I would say Wish is a safer car in terms of those safety features. But whether those features are worth choosing over other factors is quite up to individual. For myself it wasn't compelling enough given the amount of time I am travelling full load and the places I travel to.

Agreed, safety features are just part of the equation - drivers make up the rest. I have often seen cars with supposed good safety specs being driven recklessly, maybe the driver is very confident of his car's brakes or reinforced shell but it's just asking for trouble.

Although it may not be the best in class in terms of safety, I believe most Mobilio owners would not compromise their family members' safety for what this car genuinely offers - a practical family car that does not burst the pocket.   

• Praise 3

The scenario on the sudden need to stop or swerve to avoid can be covered by ABS, which is to prevent the wheels from locking.

Traction control is more for off-road 4WD where road conditions requires individual wheels to have traction to get out of slippery situations. Or when you are accelerating you don't want the car to swerve because one side has more traction than the other. Usually for high powered FWD cars.

ESP is a suite of features that has both ABS and traction control.

I read up all this over the Internet before I bought the car. And I settled for Mobilio which has ABS. Which should be sufficient.

I am not trying to discredit your point on the need for the safety features but I am just pointing out that not all the safety features are applicable for day to day driving.

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

My first car was a 1980 Lancer SL on skinny 175/70R13 tyres. No ABS or traction control. Been through this many times. Car can brake in time.

More likely due to your tyres. I was using Uniroyal tyres back then.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Seen the mobilio at showroom , a total let down . Poor quality products. Saw the gloves compartment is out of place . Price too ex for a simple basic car. Opt for wish much better.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1