Honda Mobilio

Csc2015

Turbocharged
(edited)

Seen the mobilio at showroom , a total let down . Poor quality products. Saw the gloves compartment is out of place . Price too ex for a simple basic car. Opt for wish much better.

Can't agree more.

At $104K, Mobilio 1.5 is same price as Kia Carens 2.0.

Toyota Wish 1.8 from trusted parallel importer, Vincar costs just an extra $4K at $108K with way higher OMV.

Edited by Vinceng
↡ Advertisement

I saw the mobilio at the showroom. It looks like a rabbit.

Reminds me of Mitsubishi i.

I would choose the carens. The wish. The sienta over mobilio.

I wonder how will the resale be.

And imagine those who got the orange color.

Went UBi showroom last weekend...the sale person told me this model is best selling model n got to wait for next shipment.

• Praise 1

(edited)

THE DRIVE

I went down two weeks ago and test drove both the new Jazz and Mobilio. I personally felt that the drive and feel of the new Jazz is so much refined while the mobilio feels exactly same from my 2007 Jazz which is quite a letdown. Its already 2016... aiyoh. 

If one is to compare the rest of the car, the space for the passengers on the 2nd and 3rd rows are much better than the closest competitor Carens and Wish. The rest of the cars is nothing much to desire for but it would serve a good work horse till end of COE life. 

THE GOSSIP

My internal sources told me that the Mobilio is meant to be a stop-gap measures to support the dealer while they are waiting for the new Civic and Jade to come in. Once those are in the showroom, they may potentially remove the mobilio and focus entirely on the rest depending on the sale of the model itself. 

By the way, the mobilio is not the top seller as the Odyssey actually outsold it. 

That being said, the above-mentioned are still pretty much just gossip  [grouphug]  and is not verified by official media hor.  :a-fun:

Edited by Vwguy77
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

THE DRIVE

I went down two weeks ago and test drove both the new Jazz and Mobilio. I personally felt that the drive and feel of the new Jazz is so much refined while the mobilio feels exactly same from my 2007 Jazz which is quite a letdown. Its already 2016... aiyoh. 

If one is to compare the rest of the car, the space for the passengers on the 2nd and 3rd rows are much better than the closest competitor Carens and Wish. The rest of the cars is nothing much to desire for but it would serve a good work horse till end of COE life. 

THE GOSSIP

My internal sources told me that the Mobilio is meant to be a stop-gap measures to support the dealer while they are waiting for the new Civic and Jade to come in. Once those are in the showroom, they may potentially remove the mobilio and focus entirely on the rest depending on the sale of the model itself. 

By the way, the mobilio is not the top seller as the Odyssey actually outsold it. 

That being said, the above-mentioned are still pretty much just gossip  [grouphug]  and is not verified by official media hor.  :a-fun:

But PI already bring in Jade. So I dont know what KM is waiting for. Give 1/2 ball handicap to PI is it?  [laugh]

• Praise 1

But PI already bring in Jade. So I dont know what KM is waiting for. Give 1/2 ball handicap to PI is it?  [laugh]

The official statement by Kah Motors is that their hands are tied with what they can sell as the models are allocated by Honda Japan. 

Aiyah... Kah and Borneo are used to and famous for giving 1/2 ball handicap. Nothing new....  wakaka....  [smash]

• Praise 1

(edited)

The official statement by Kah Motors is that their hands are tied with what they can sell as the models are allocated by Honda Japan. 

Aiyah... Kah and Borneo are used to and famous for giving 1/2 ball handicap. Nothing new....  wakaka....  [smash]

Too be fair, this statement on what the local AD can sell is true.

Jade was meant for China market and hence not available here.

PI do not have this restriction so they can import any car they want likely thru a local dealer overseas.

That's why I also find it strange that apparently some forumers got word that Kah will sell Vezel later this year cos I thought Vezel was a domestic model? Anyway, back to the Mobilio and hopefully Kah can do something about this mid MPV segment as they were once amongst the leaders with their Stream.

Edited by Spring
  • Praise 4

When I was at KH.... I'm asking abt some safery questions,DRL, the SE keep mention to me,Mobilio is just basic model, in other way hinted me don't expect too much n told me SOHC is common.

• Praise 1

Too be fair, this statement on what the local AD can sell is true.

Jade was meant for China market and hence not available here.

PI do not have this restriction so they can import any car they want likely thru a local dealer overseas.

That's why I also find it strange that apparently some forumers got word that Kah will sell Vezel later this year cos I thought Vezel was a domestic model? Anyway, back to the Mobilio and hopefully Kah can do something about this mid MPV segment as they were once amongst the leaders with their Stream.

Jade as originally made and meant for the China market. Subsequently, Honda Japan produced a hybrid domestic model and then the Jade RS which is 1.5L TC. What the PI initially sold was the Jade Hybrid from Japan (and subsequently the Jade RS) as there's no way to import a Chinese domestic model since their models are all LHD (let's not talk about Chinese brand export models).

Anyway, KM is already selling HR-V, which is a similar model to Vezel although engine and accessories specs differ, including country of make.

For Honda, if you take a look at the compact MPV models, there's only a Honda Freed, which KM tried to sell few years back. Apparently that time the Freed was not popular as the price was similar to Stream and it was made in Indonesia. So basically KM is sort of "pwned" by Honda Japan.

• Praise 2

Jade as originally made and meant for the China market. Subsequently, Honda Japan produced a hybrid domestic model and then the Jade RS which is 1.5L TC. What the PI initially sold was the Jade Hybrid from Japan (and subsequently the Jade RS) as there's no way to import a Chinese domestic model since their models are all LHD (let's not talk about Chinese brand export models).

Anyway, KM is already selling HR-V, which is a similar model to Vezel although engine and accessories specs differ, including country of make.

For Honda, if you take a look at the compact MPV models, there's only a Honda Freed, which KM tried to sell few years back. Apparently that time the Freed was not popular as the price was similar to Stream and it was made in Indonesia. So basically KM is sort of "pwned" by Honda Japan.

Exactly and that's why I don't exactly blame Kah esp on what models they can bring in, whether the models are good or not etc as their hands are tied by the principal. To be fair, almost all ADs face the same issue. Of course, they can give feedback and do have a small say but their hands are basically tied. The mid sized MPV Hondas are a pale shadow of their predecessors.

What I do feel Kah is responsible on is the margin earned for their cars cos that is likely their call. They can choose to make less and sell more but obviously their strategy is to sell less for more margin. Their call I guess and up to the local buyer to discern.

• Praise 4

Turbocharged

Exactly and that's why I don't exactly blame Kah esp on what models they can bring in, whether the models are good or not etc as their hands are tied by the principal. To be fair, almost all ADs face the same issue. Of course, they can give feedback and do have a small say but their hands are basically tied. The mid sized MPV Hondas are a pale shadow of their predecessors.

What I do feel Kah is responsible on is the margin earned for their cars cos that is likely their call. They can choose to make less and sell more but obviously their strategy is to sell less for more margin. Their call I guess and up to the local buyer to discern.

Many of the 'better brand' Japanese cars are facing what the conti is facing previously. Just because they have built a good reputation, they price their cars way above it's true value. I am not sure if it is the work of the AD or back in Japan. I am sure they won't succeed in Europe.

New players like the Korean and even the some conti like Renault, Opel, Peugeot , Citroen, etc  are giving buyers a feel what they are paying.

This is all good for buyers and I like it.

• Praise 1

(edited)

Last week i drop a negative comment on Honda facebook for mobilo post. I just commented that Honda should give Mobilo a face lift especially on their interior. It really looks out updated. But Honda facebook admin decided to delete my post. Maybe they can't feedback well lolz.

Edited by Dscheng
  • Praise 1

Last week i drop a negative comment on Honda facebook for mobilo post. I just commented that Honda should give Mobilo a face lift especially on their interior. It really looks out updated. But Honda facebook admin decided to delete my post. Maybe they can't feedback well lolz.

There are some leaked photos of the facelifted Mobilio in Indonesia. The interior looks much better and finally, the air-con is digitally controlled. No longer gas stove style.

There are some leaked photos of the facelifted Mobilio in Indonesia. The interior looks much better and finally, the air-con is digitally controlled. No longer gas stove style.

Problem is WHEN will the facelift reach SG. When Kah start to lelong their existing stock, we will know facelift coming.... :yeah-im-not-drunk:  

• Praise 1