Stop-Start Systems

Ake109

That's why i say IL6 ftw loh.  All of you say i outdate.  Nothing beats simple physics.

It is vibration free.  Since it is vibration free, engine mounting will last long long.

For IL4, either have sibei tok kong engine mounting or counter balancing shaft.

↡ Advertisement

you hump in car ah...kekekek

but replace outside, agent cost 200% more kekeke 

but frankly speaking, buy the damn car already 200k over,

u still gonna niao ji niao lan , mounting spoil, battery spoil,starter fail meh.

(any i check  with alot of f10 driver, even with ss on all the way, the orginal vatra germany battery last many years )

(the price from the agent also a bomb 800+ i believe)

Twincharged

seriously, this is still being discussed?

4.5 yrs into my ride and the SS system is no biggie!  If you hit a traffic jam, then turn it off for goodness sake

To date, no battery change, No starter replacement, fc for my 5series is 12.7km/l....so what is all the fuss about?

Technology is here to stay ad embrace it.  SS systems are more robust than you think, so go do your homework first and see the synergy that the system has to offer

haiz....

trouble is the steering wheel is locked when the SS function kicks in. very troublesome when reversing.

seriously, this is still being discussed?

4.5 yrs into my ride and the SS system is no biggie!  If you hit a traffic jam, then turn it off for goodness sake

To date, no battery change, No starter replacement, fc for my 5series is 12.7km/l....so what is all the fuss about?

Technology is here to stay ad embrace it.  SS systems are more robust than you think, so go do your homework first and see the synergy that the system has to offer

haiz....

Seriously, no battery change in 4.5 years?!!

• Praise 1

trouble is the steering wheel is locked when the SS function kicks in. very troublesome when reversing.

too sensitive lah, and you dun stop when reversing mah.....hahah..mine never locks 

That's why i say IL6 ftw loh.  All of you say i outdate.  Nothing beats simple physics.

It is vibration free.  Since it is vibration free, engine mounting will last long long.

For IL4, either have sibei tok kong engine mounting or counter balancing shaft.

cb lah u nazIL6 :omg:  :D  :D

perhaps those complaining of inconvenient stops should try being gentler on their brake pedals...  :D

yah lor.....and pln to stop

my F10, 70000 km still no sign of time to change, and says 5mm for longest time....Verified as well...kns. [bigcry]

Twincharged

perhaps those complaining of inconvenient stops should try being gentler on their brake pedals...  :D

perhaps some SS system just sucks and have nothing to do with lousy driver/ driver who are hard on their brakes?

• Praise 3

perhaps some SS system just sucks and have nothing to do with lousy driver/ driver who are hard on their brakes?

to me .. all ss sucks   :D

• Praise 5

Seriously, no battery change in 4.5 years?!!

I think BMW battery in the boot? Lesser heat = longer life. Seriously all car makers should shift it to the back lah... I don't mind pay extra $500 for my car to go towards the extra wire needed  [laugh]

• Praise 1

i've been manually disabling my engine start/stop function since day 1.

maybe i should try out for a few days by controlling the pressure i apply on my brakes. Say, if i approach a traffic light that just turned red, i depress my brake harder to activate the engine stop function. if i know my stop won't be long, just tap on my brake lightly so as not to activate that function.

my only concern is if i am light on my brake & a car rear-end me, my car could rear-end the car in front, or worse, run over the pedestrian(s) crossing the road if i'm the first car at the light.

i seriously doubt it increases fuel economy to a significant level

Edited by DioPian
  • Praise 1

I think BMW battery in the boot? Lesser heat = longer life. Seriously all car makers should shift it to the back lah... I don't mind pay extra $500 for my car to go towards the extra wire needed  [laugh]

You are right.

I have to change battery because alternator uplorry.  If not, i don't know when i have to change.

That was the virgin change of battery for the car.

• Praise 1

i've been manually disabling my engine start/stop function since day 1.

maybe i should try out for a few days by controlling the pressure i apply on my brakes. Say, if i approach a traffic light that just turned red, i depress my brake harder to activate the engine stop function. if i know my stop won't be long, just tap on my brake lightly so as not to activate that function.

my only concern is if i am light on my brake & a car rear-end me, my car could rear-end the car in front, or worse, run over the pedestrian(s) crossing the road if i'm the first car at the light.

i seriously doubt it increases fuel economy to a significant level

It does increase but only 0.3-0.5km/l difference
  • Praise 1

It does increase but only 0.3-0.5km/l difference

Rather do without this fuel saving than suffocate in our hot climate when the air-con is off during start-stop. 

Yes turn off everytime i start the car

If u want u can code it to turn off permanently cost about $100-$150

It saves fuel but not good for engine, battery, ignition

if no good for car, why BMW still have that feature?

You think you smarter than BMW?

[:p]

if no good for car, why BMW still have that feature?

You think you smarter than BMW?

[:p]

It is a feature to comply with emission standard.

I will not say it is no good for car.  The car is designed with diff alternator, battery and starter motor to cope with start-stop.

The only question is when do we need to replace these component?

4.5 yrs using it, no change, no replacement

No issue to me!

Sorry wat we talking abt ? Haaaaaaaa

No one can beat you in saving fuel man. I know you drive in neutral most of the time to save fuel, your GB  will be brand new still [:p]

4.5 yrs using it, no change, no replacement

No issue to me!

Sorry wat we talking abt ? Haaaaaaaa

↡ Advertisement