Stop-Start Systems

Ake109

No one can beat you in saving fuel man. I know you drive in neutral most of the time to save fuel, your GB will be brand new still [:p]

Haaaaaaa

Even those say whn parking it kicks in

For me has never happened

If it does, I nudge the steer it starts engine again

Perhaps adapted to my driving pattern

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Seriously, no battery change in 4.5 years?!!

Yes can confirm no battery change.  [wave]

I religiously use the start/stop.

Car is 4 years and 4 months old with dash cam while driving and mobile phone cigg charger. Still going strong. 

Downside is when the battery does call it quits, gonna cost 4xx to replace.  [dizzy]

Yes can confirm no battery change.  [wave]

I religiously use the start/stop.

Car is 4 years and 4 months old with dash cam while driving and mobile phone cigg charger. Still going strong. 

Downside is when the battery does call it quits, gonna cost 4xx to replace.  [dizzy]

At that price for AGM is cheap

Seriously, no battery change in 4.5 years?!!

Yup consperm I show u my receipts

Anyway of change and to AGM, costs In region of $400 wh is damn worth

• Praise 1

Rather do without this fuel saving than suffocate in our hot climate when the air-con is off during start-stop. 

You mean your start stop system stops the air-con? Really? I guess some ss systems do suck...! [laugh]

Yup consperm I show u my receipts

Anyway of change and to AGM, costs In region of $400 wh is damn worth

$400+ for 4.5 years is damn cheap man. Most of us pay more. Far more...

You mean your start stop system stops the air-con? Really? I guess some ss systems do suck...! [laugh]

agent 800+ ,din 100+ or dun know wat size

haven include gst.

eyes have to open big big and verify the word BMW  on the battery [rifle]

• Praise 1

still hv not change leh.....hahha....hand itchy to change as almost time up and duwan to be caught w no battery

But last check, still was fine

still hv not change leh.....hahha....hand itchy to change as almost time up and duwan to be caught w no battery

Tomorrow will run out of juice. [grin]

• Praise 1

Tomorrow will run out of juice. [grin]

Tmr gg servicing no sweat haaaaa

4 years + is very long for a battery. Mine lasted 16 months lol

Who ask u buy Toyota ...... haaaaaaa
  • Praise 1

Thought most as are like that. Compressor is stopped and the vents just blowing air only.

Tmr gg servicing no sweat haaaaa

Who ask u buy Toyota ...... haaaaaaa

Non-elite buy Nippon brand mah  :mellow: battery life also not elite  [laugh]

I am driving a merc CLA. My start stop system stop working last month. I sent in my car for 2nd servicing ( 30k) 2 month ago at 29900+km and inform the SA about the system. he told me workshop too busy, cannot finish servcing and checking within 1 day. So he booked another appt for me the following week. The following week, i sent in the car at 30150km. after servicing i was shocked that my bill had a additional $400+ for battery and $60 or $80 for battery replacement labour. 

My car was 1 year 8 months old. SA told me battery weak, thats why no Start stop. so they changed the battery without my consent. Worst is he told me battery warranty only for 2yrs or 30k, which ever is lower. 

[thumbsdown]  damn du lan. die die tell me mine cross 30k mark, cannot claim warranty. I told him it was unfair that he told me the week b4 was too busy and ask me come back 1 week later. when it was 29+k , i already told him about the problem.

bo bian , after much kpkb, he only wavied the labour and 50% discount on battery.

if i know start stop gg to cost me $400 for battery, i will tell them not to bother replacing. my fuel saving over 1+ yrs also dunno got $200+ not.

• Praise 1

Mine was good for about 4 years. But I am kiasu, sukka sukka change in MA for 600$

Mine was good for about 4 years. But I am kiasu, sukka sukka change in MA for 600$

I take to R2D. Last he said full charge still holds well
  • Praise 1

4 years + is very long for a battery. Mine lasted 16 months lol 

My previous car, battery at the boot.  Only changed once in its 9 years life.

I am driving a merc CLA. My start stop system stop working last month. I sent in my car for 2nd servicing ( 30k) 2 month ago at 29900+km and inform the SA about the system. he told me workshop too busy, cannot finish servcing and checking within 1 day. So he booked another appt for me the following week. The following week, i sent in the car at 30150km. after servicing i was shocked that my bill had a additional $400+ for battery and $60 or $80 for battery replacement labour. 

My car was 1 year 8 months old. SA told me battery weak, thats why no Start stop. so they changed the battery without my consent. Worst is he told me battery warranty only for 2yrs or 30k, which ever is lower. 

[thumbsdown]  damn du lan. die die tell me mine cross 30k mark, cannot claim warranty. I told him it was unfair that he told me the week b4 was too busy and ask me come back 1 week later. when it was 29+k , i already told him about the problem.

bo bian , after much kpkb, he only wavied the labour and 50% discount on battery.

if i know start stop gg to cost me $400 for battery, i will tell them not to bother replacing. my fuel saving over 1+ yrs also dunno got $200+ not.

Drive Merc pay $400 for battery still kpkb.  Should drive Toyota or Nissan lah.

Do you know what type of battery your car required?

Edited by Davidtch

My previous car, battery at the boot.  Only changed once in its 9 years life.

Drive Merc pay $400 for battery still kpkb.  Should drive Toyota or Nissan lah.

Do you know what type of battery your car required?

If you do read properly, I am unhappy with the way Merc SA do their warranty. their warranty for batt supposed to be 30k/2 yrs. i went in 1st time and informed them about the prob at 29900Km. they told me to come back the following week due to their busy schedule( i had a appt with them). a week later, my mileage is more than 30k, they refuse to honor the warranty. If its you, you du lan not?

• Praise 1

[thumbsdown] damn du lan. die die tell me mine cross 30k mark, cannot claim warranty. I told him it was unfair that he told me the week b4 was too busy and ask me come back 1 week later. when it was 29+k , i already told him about the problem.

so did you stil leave the feature on to save fuel hahaha

↡ Advertisement