2 Chinese national women vs Singaporean man

D3badge

Personally, I never like the practice of "stomping" or posting videos publicly as they will never tell the full picture. It is just a form of cyber bullying, taking justice into own hands, looking for public support for own cause, however you want to call you.

mcfing also got....post video saying other people fault.....later kana suan left right center.....hahaha!
↡ Advertisement

(edited)

The policemen who doesn't know what to do ... -_-

As if the policemen knew what they were getting into beforehand. In reality they don't. So cut them some slack.

Many warriors are just commenting AFTER watching the videos, they are not living the moment. They are sitting in the comfort of their nice office chair and aircon room. So easy, talk cheap only mah.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 4

If you cut the video at the right parts, I think some people can get a lot of public support on social media. Say, just as an example, not that I know them ---- IF the man showed concern for the woman's sister, and maybe call her a village bicycle, after that she spit on his face and "f*ck you". How will that change the public perception ? But of course, he won't show the first part.

If someone say that to my wife or sister, I don't think I will be very polite to him. And not sure how many people will think calling the police in this case will help.

yes....sometime editing the video can change the msg....thats why take things from msm and the common media news with a pinch of salt!
  • Praise 1

Supercharged

In the video, yes. Before the video, don't know. 2nd video, she said he sexually harassed her many times before. In this thread, you can also say a lot of language can amount to sexual harassment.

the thing is that, it is the women's word against his...unless they can prove the earlier transgressions, the police shouldn't accept it on good faith the words of the ladies without any evidence.

which type of language in this thread amounts to sexual harassment? care to cite a few examples?

The sheer act of saying certain words relating to organs or activity to a woman can already constitute insulting the modesty of women.

I know a lot of men can be guilty of it, sometimes just casual remarks, whether at workplace or outside, but there had frequently been people convicted for just throwing verbal insults or using sexually suggestive words. Can't find the article but I remember there was at least a few cases, where the taxi driver makes suggestive sex talk to his female passenger, was convicted for this offense.

From the Penal Code:

Word or gesture intended to insult the modesty of a woman
509. Whoever, intending to insult the modesty of any woman, utters any word, makes any sound or gesture, or exhibits any object, intending that such word or sound shall be heard, or that such gesture or object shall be seen by such woman, or intrudes upon the privacy of such woman, shall be punished with imprisonment for a term which may extend to one year, or with fine, or with both.

I partially agree to this section of the law .... -_-

If the woman is gentle and well mannered, yes, 'insult the modesty of a woman' ... [sweatdrop]

but with that kind of PRC women who are aggressive, I has no hestitation to bark back ...... :angry:

I partially agree to this section of the law .... -_-

If the woman is gentle and well mannered, yes, 'insult the modesty of a woman' ... [sweatdrop]

but with that kind of PRC women who are aggressive, I has no hestitation to bark back ...... :angry:

she did spat at him first....

Kind of dissappointed with our mata. Those china woman disobeyed his order to go downstair for talk and is ok with our mata. Everyone try doing that disobey and see what will be the consequences.

This policeman can't even handle China women.

I think the issue is not they cannot handle the Chinese women, it's more like if mishandled such issue, the feminist movement will just jump in go get some air time. That's my personal view of that organisation, because don't really see how their recent views on Mindef ad going to benefit the female. Rather they take on the glass ceilings in many MNC, or EEO etc.

Don't think this law makes any distinction between gentle or tough woman. Your MP has to raise a bill in Parliament to amend it for "gentle women only". [laugh]

My MP he himself busy with regards to opening of RC centre problem inside Toa Payoh town.... [lipsrsealed]

You know who ... :ph34r:

Supercharged
(edited)

The sheer act of saying certain words relating to organs or activity to a woman can already constitute insulting the modesty of women.

I know a lot of men can be guilty of it, sometimes just casual remarks, whether at workplace or outside, but there had frequently been people convicted for just throwing verbal insults or using sexually suggestive words. Can't find the article but I remember there was at least a few cases, where the taxi driver makes suggestive sex talk to his female passenger, was convicted for this offense.

From the Penal Code:

Word or gesture intended to insult the modesty of a woman
509. Whoever, intending to insult the modesty of any woman, utters any word, makes any sound or gesture, or exhibits any object, intending that such word or sound shall be heard, or that such gesture or object shall be seen by such woman, or intrudes upon the privacy of such woman, shall be punished with imprisonment for a term which may extend to one year, or with fine, or with both.

hehe I know what you mean. now let me take it one step further.

any word with such connotations, do not by themselves, become sexually harassing in nature. words like "penis" or "vagina" are still neutral English words and therefore it does not mean the mere mention of such words in mcf constitutes sexual harassment. attention must be given to the words "intending( to insult)" and "woman" in this statute.

firstly there must be an act that shows intent and secondly it must be in the perspective of any woman. where the former is concerned, I believe using such words, especially in a public internet forum, without prior addressing to specific woman in the forum, means that the intent to insult is not proven because it was only for the reading of a group of people which may incidentally include some unidentified woman. such words may insult woman A but not woman B. the courts will find it difficult to charge the appellant when in his defence, he could always say he is not aware the internet forum has a presence of woman B reading his posts - therefore the intent to insult woman is not proven.

the reason why the taxi driver is guilty of that is because he was speaking to his lady passenger in his taxi. it can't be that his speech was meant only for the general public. besides I believe the way he phrase his sentences would surely be suggestive in nature. otherwise, anyone that mutters the male or female genitalia in a neutral manner would have gotten into trouble with this statute.

Edited by Acemundo

Supercharged

We are certainly not discussing about science here when such words are used. [laugh]

haha I believe the intended audience is the first test of the law followed by the nature or subject of the talk.

again I believe in the internet forum, it is harder to prove intent because the internet is meant for a group of people. like I say,unless forumer A has a prior exchange with female forumer B and then proceed to utter those words, then the court may then take it that A wants to insult B, despite the fact it is an internet forum.

(edited)

hehe I know what you mean. now let me take it one step further.

any word with such connotations, do not by themselves, become sexually harassing in nature. words like "penis" or "vagina" are still neutral English words and therefore it does not mean the mere mention of such words in mcf constitutes sexual harassment. attention must be given to the words "intending( to insult)" and "woman" in this statute.

firstly there must be an act that shows intent and secondly it must be in the perspective of any woman. where the former is concerned, I believe using such words, especially in a public internet forum, without prior addressing to specific woman in the forum, means that the intent to insult is not proven because it was only for the reading of a group of people which may incidentally include some unidentified woman. such words may insult woman A but not woman B. the courts will find it difficult to charge the appellant when in his defence, he could always say he is not aware the internet forum has a presence of woman B reading his posts - therefore the intent to insult woman is not proven.

the reason why the taxi driver is guilty of that is because he was speaking to his lady passenger in his taxi. it can't be that his speech was meant only for the general public. besides I believe the way he phrase his sentences would surely be suggestive in nature. otherwise, anyone that mutters the male or female genitalia in a neutral manner would have gotten into trouble with this statute.

Hmmmm............ does AWARE, aware of this .... :D

Cos 'Road Match' songs they already buay song ...... [grin]

Edited by Picnic06

Supercharged
(edited)

Hmmmm............ does AWARE, aware of this .... :D

I think AWare ought to be aware. this Act essentially means only a woman is capable of having modesty outraged but not vice versa. ie it doesn't hold water if woman insult woman or, woman insult man, man insult woman and man insult man. A man has no modesty (to speak of) to be outraged.........hehehe

I guess @babyblade can weigh in this opinion of yours.

hehe I don't know if @babyblade got any heated exchange of words with male forumer.

Edited by Acemundo

I think AWare ought to be aware. this Act essentially means only a woman is capable of having modesty outraged but not vice versa. ie it doesn't hold water if woman insult woman or, woman insult man, man insult woman and man insult man. A man has no modesty (to speak of) to be outraged.........hehehe

They already buay song with our NS road match songs ..... [grin]

Seems like being men in Singapore is really difficult

Kenna spit at , verbally abused, splash water..smacked..cannot do anything except to 忍气吞声。。。lan lan

Turbocharged

can summarize all in one sentence.

silly man chose to antagonize the wrong women.

宁得罪君子,莫得罪小人

Supercharged

宁得罪君子,莫得罪小人

宁得罪君子莫得罪小人宁得罪小人莫得罪女子.