• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
16 replies to this topic | 12 praises

Posted 07 May 2015 - 11:19 PM

Tennis_ball
  • Premium member
    Tennis_ball
    Clutched
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

hi,

have a problem today. hope you guys know what it is. kia forte 1.6sx of 5 years and 4 months old, 77Kkm mileage. 

Today the car jerks at idle at red light, and i can see that RPM slight jumps up and down, like 400rpm - 700rpm. Usually it is idle at 400rpm without up and down. The jerk is about every 4 seconds, not constant jerking. can feel the car tremble.

When i press the throttle to accelerate during travelling, the car will jerk again, and does not accelerate instantly as normal. after a while it accelerates to a higher cruising speed, then it's OK again. During jerking, the engine light flashes like 10 times. when the jerk stops, engine light becomes off again. I just changed engine oil and engine filter 2 months ago.

Is this worn spark plugs, or ATF due to change (coz it's been a while), or both, or something else? 

Thanks.

Posted 07 May 2015 - 11:39 PM

Kippei
  • Premium member
    Kippei
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

scan for code first will be the fastest 

Posted 07 May 2015 - 11:47 PM

Vinceng
  • Premium member
    Vinceng
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Could possibly be due to spark plugs or high tension cable needs to be replaced.
Opel17 praised this

Posted 08 May 2015 - 12:04 AM

Volvobrick
  • Volvobrick
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

yes, plugs/ignition coil/cable should be checked first...

A OBD scan should pin point the exact problem.  Buy one from here and download a smartphone apps:

http://deals.dx.com/team.php?id=13506

Yewheng praised this

Posted 08 May 2015 - 07:56 PM

flashbang
  • Premium member
    flashbang
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I'm not very experienced, but it does sound like a misfire.

Posted 08 May 2015 - 08:36 PM

Kiat626
  • Premium member
    Kiat626
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Guess work is only good for symptoms common to a model.

Use OBD to isolate first. Go to workshops with the right tool.

Posted 08 May 2015 - 08:46 PM

Deividz
  • Premium member
    Deividz
    5th Gear
    Author Image

My car started shivering today.
Diagnosis - ignition coil.

Posted 08 May 2015 - 08:52 PM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Yeah. I also think it's misfiring. Worn spark plug won't activate CEL.

The chosen one will bring balance to the Force...I mean Singapore. Even star wars do not reserve "the chosen one" to a sith lord or a jedi or a wookie.

Posted 08 May 2015 - 09:57 PM

Sei_fei_loh
  • Premium member
    Sei_fei_loh
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Maybe MAF sensor faulty or dirty

Posted 09 May 2015 - 06:55 PM

flashbang
  • Premium member
    flashbang
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Buy a cheap OBD2 bluetooth adapter from Dealextreme, I got one from them as well and it works great. For engine codes you can google them to get a better idea of what they mean as some code names are not clear.

Posted 09 May 2015 - 07:52 PM

Leroyluo85
  • Premium member
    Leroyluo85
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Blinking check engine light usually due to misfiring...
1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 10 May 2015 - 03:09 PM

Tennis_ball
  • Premium member
    Tennis_ball
    Clutched
    Author Image

it is misfiring from the code. initially p0300. but after changing coil and spark plugs, it still has misfiring with p0302. 2nd cylinder misfiring. just hope it is not something seriously bad and will have to spend a bomb. still yet to diagnose what exactly it is.

Posted 13 August 2017 - 05:26 PM

Contipro
  • Premium member
    Contipro
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

it is misfiring from the code. initially p0300. but after changing coil and spark plugs, it still has misfiring with p0302. 2nd cylinder misfiring. just hope it is not something seriously bad and will have to spend a bomb. still yet to diagnose what exactly it is.

Hi.. do u still remember at the end what is the cause?
I am experiencing the same issue on my ride.
disclaimer: no real person living or dead involved on production of above.

Posted 24 October 2017 - 02:08 PM

Wavvyykaa
  • Premium member
    Wavvyykaa
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Hi

Need help
There is this roaring sound from engine compartment when car move off from stationary sounded very rough.
Normally about 2000rpm onwards.
When ok highway which rpm is normally below 2000 there is not significant sound.

This roaring sound will sometimes disappear and it will be smooth like baby but most of time it is around.

Abit like modified exhaust sound but my car is stock.

When in neutral and accelerate there is no sound thus engine should be fine and exhaust not leaking.

Honda vezel 2015, 60k mileage

Posted 27 October 2017 - 12:38 PM

GravityBlue
  • Premium member
    GravityBlue
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Hi

Need help
There is this roaring sound from engine compartment when car move off from stationary sounded very rough.
Normally about 2000rpm onwards.
When ok highway which rpm is normally below 2000 there is not significant sound.

This roaring sound will sometimes disappear and it will be smooth like baby but most of time it is around.

Abit like modified exhaust sound but my car is stock.

When in neutral and accelerate there is no sound thus engine should be fine and exhaust not leaking.

Honda vezel 2015, 60k mileage

Let me make a wild guess , likely a worn bearings from the drive train.

Could be ac compressor , tensional pulley , alternator ....

Posted 27 October 2017 - 03:39 PM

Wavvyykaa
  • Premium member
    Wavvyykaa
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Let me make a wild guess , likely a worn bearings from the drive train.
Could be ac compressor , tensional pulley , alternator ....

I was guessing the drive train bearing, is it normally located along the moving shaft linked to the wheel bearings? I notice my wheel bearing is also a bit wear out. But weird that the sound only appears when I accelerate

Posted 27 October 2017 - 04:38 PM

GravityBlue
  • Premium member
    GravityBlue
    1st Gear
    Author Image

I was guessing the drive train bearing, is it normally located along the moving shaft linked to the wheel bearings? I notice my wheel bearing is also a bit wear out. But weird that the sound only appears when I accelerate

From pass experience , roaring sound that comes n go (intermittent) normally caused by bearing.

Get it check by experienced mechanic.

Back to Maintenance & Repairs  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic
Dynamics Mechanic Pte Ltd

Quick Reply

Tags: kia, kia cerato forte, car jerk and 6 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users