Roundabout Rules

Detach8

Supercharged

Toyota/Lexus SUV did not yield at roundabout, followed another car in blindly.

this kind must be rammed one time then they will wake up and learn to give way [sly]

↡ Advertisement

Wah jialat.

The Hillview one quite messed up, cos it's quite tight and also have buses using it. Plus many people entering from Bukit Timah (after the downhill) will just chiong through, as they assume that that area will always be quiet and empty.

Wahahahhaa. Everyday got at least one video for me to extract. This one is interesting. From today, less than half an hour ago while I was on my way home.

Time is wrong, but date is correct.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPRAvs8WICY

Lai lai, let's debate.

this kind must be rammed one time then they will wake up and learn to give way [sly]

If I'm driving the army 5 tonner maybe I will consider.

Wah jialat.

The Hillview one quite messed up, cos it's quite tight and also have buses using it. Plus many people entering from Bukit Timah (after the downhill) will just chiong through, as they assume that that area will always be quiet and empty.

I really don't know how to explain the Audi one. There's a reason why my wife said "be careful, be careful" in chinese when I was about to set off because the Audi looked like it was very far, but after a second or two we realised it was actually driving very very fast towards the roundabout, and true enough he/she did not stop at the give way line.

I really don't know how to explain the Audi one. There's a reason why my wife said "be careful, be careful" in chinese when I was about to set off because the Audi looked like it was very far, but after a second or two we realised it was actually driving very very fast towards the roundabout, and true enough he/she did not stop at the give way line.

I go through that place a lot because I used to stay nearby and now still visit friends who stay in the area. It's just what I've been observing after so many donkey years. Basically have seen far too many 'incidents' at that roundabout.

Hi all Bukit Panjang / CCK roundabout users,

I am the resident of Block 152 which is just above the stretch of road. Everyday I can oversee from my 12storey block how the impact of roundabout causing the massive traffic since the removal of the cross junction and the introduction of the roundabout from 10May 2015.

I launched a complain to LTA since the Bukit Panjang / CCK roundabout re aligned from the previous cross junction of Bukit Panjang / CCK / Woodlands Road / Upper Bukit Timah Road.

Today finally received a return call from LTA officer and get to know the following:-

The roundabout is temporary till end of July, due to the need of removing the DTL work structure in the middle of the roundabout. After which the roundabout will be removed and the cross junction will be re aligned back. Meanwhile, LTA officer mentioned they are paying attention to giving more priority for CCK road direction cars to cross the roundabout, which I realised it is the most heaviest user for people at CCK to cross the junction to enter BKE.

Meanwhile, bear with it, fellow motorists =)

post-159189-0-86383200-1432546419_thumb.jpg

• Praise 2

(edited)

I am the resident of Block 152 which is just above the stretch of road. Everyday I can oversee from my 12storey block how the impact of roundabout causing the massive traffic since the removal of the cross junction and the introduction of the roundabout from 10May 2015.

I launched a complain to LTA since the Bukit Panjang / CCK roundabout re aligned from the previous cross junction of Bukit Panjang / CCK / Woodlands Road / Upper Bukit Timah Road.

Today finally received a return call from LTA officer and get to know the following:-

The roundabout is temporary till end of July, due to the need of removing the DTL work structure in the middle of the roundabout. After which the roundabout will be removed and the cross junction will be re aligned back. Meanwhile, LTA officer mentioned they are paying attention to giving more priority for CCK road direction cars to cross the roundabout, which I realised it is the most heaviest user for people at CCK to cross the junction to enter BKE.

Thanks for sharing!

Edited by Pinobii

Thanks for the info and LTA's feedback. Hopefully the Jam from CCK will be relieved.

What's the issue here? Just make sure there is no oncoming car on the right before you enter the roundabout. Once entering, do it slowly and signal your intention. No need to complicate things.

Most importantly, give way and slow down if necessary. This will make everyone happy.

• Praise 1

Authorities should consider removing all roundabouts on Singapore roads.

Roundabouts take up too much space and causes unnecessary jams (thanks to "sotong", inconsiderate and unsympathetic drivers).

The typical T-shaped junction with traffic lights, red light and speed camera are much more efficient and orderly.

Roundabouts take up too much space and causes unnecessary jams (thanks to "sotong", inconsiderate and unsympathetic drivers).

The typical T-shaped junction with traffic lights, red light and speed camera are much more efficient and orderly.

But the roundabout is a classic! at least in singapore

It's true, roundabouts demand skill, confidence and a certain give-and-take attitude from their users to deliver the most benefit. Maybe it's too much to expect here.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

It's true, roundabouts demand skill, confidence and a certain give-and-take attitude from their users to deliver the most benefit. Maybe it's too much to expect here.

NZ seems to be still big in roundabouts.

In Queenstown, in my brief visit, there does not seem to be much ( or none ) traffic lights.

Of course the pop density is low.

Not only NZ, Europe and UK are also big fans of the roundabout. Roundabouts are cheaper to build and maintain and it is also environmental friendly(no electricity needed). Big cities with heavy traffic like Paris have roundabouts, the famous roundabout surrounds L'Arc de Triomphe . Although you will hear an occasion

honk and see some fingers pointing everywhere still people there are willing to give way and move on despite the heavy traffic.

The most orderly roundabout I came across is in the UK, many roundabouts have lanes drawn and the outer most lane is not for faster cars but for vehicles turning out at the 3rd or higher numbered exits and U-Turn. Vehicles will filter onto the correct lanes before reaching the roundabout, if you are in the wrong lane just exit

the roundabout and at the next roundabout do a U-Turn back.

NZ seems to be still big in roundabouts.

In Queenstown, in my brief visit, there does not seem to be much ( or none ) traffic lights.

Of course the pop density is low.

• Praise 1