ALL About BMW 3 series (ALL generation)

Mercury1

(edited)

Ah so if I had went down today I might have run into you, I suspect they will spray your new bodykit with my spoiler, lucky for them same Color code haha. Post pics !

Btw your old bumper dunno can patch up and sell or not? If it's just a hole should be quite easy to putty it up.

he said if repair..it's gonna be very ugly and wont last...

i can still sell away my original kit (front and side skirts)..haha i dont think they are worth much except they have been PPS-ed before. lol

Edited by Rayoflight

Turbocharged

Coming from a Saab I'm sure you're heart wants a 5er. life is short mai tu liao. Just ga ga go for it! The more you think the more you will end with a Merc/Lexus/Audi :XD:

Jokes aside, you sound like someone who will treasure the car well and loves a good drive, go for the beemer lah. She will treat you well if you treat her well [drivingcar]

Actually I'm not expecting issues free for my ride. In fact, I can accept certain minor issues popping up and there, as long as it is not those major issues like gearbox failure and etc. I'm the type who would be willing to spend money and time on maintenance of my ride.

My previous ride, the Saab, also have some sort of nitty gritty issues from time to time and I can accept it. Am just asking around to clear my doubts on things that I have heard. Sometimes I do wonder is it those complaints on conti rides I heard coming from ex owners of Toyota and Honda who expects problem free cars with little maintenance required? That may explain why a little bit of issues popping up when they try BMWs and it kind of freaks them out. I do feel that one should be some what of a car enthusiast to be able to appreciate the joy in owning a ride like BMW.

• Praise 1

Thank you various bros for the great insights on BMWs, enabling me to understand the ride a lot better. U guys are awesome.

Coming from a Saab I'm sure you're heart wants a 5er. life is short mai tu liao. Just ga ga go for it! The more you think the more you will end with a Merc/Lexus/Audi :XD:

Jokes aside, you sound like someone who will treasure the car well and loves a good drive, go for the beemer lah. She will treat you well if you treat her well [drivingcar]

Yeah now after reading the various comments and views of ex BMW owners here makes me a whole lot tempted to get the 5er. Hehe

Turbocharged

Just a thought, you can try asking propel auto (scrap yard) if they willing to take it in for some cash, bumper accident (touch wood) happen all the time. Sure got someone looking to get something decent on the cheap and they usually source from them,

Can't be that bad to patch up I thought, paste some fibre glass resin on the back and putty the front smooth. Good as new [thumbsup] , we tried this on a previous 5er also bumper damage slightly larger then a 50 cent.

he said if repair..it's gonna be very ugly and wont last...

i can still sell away my original kit (front and side skirts)..haha i dont think they are worth much except they have been PPS-ed before. lol

I think you should heh, even your avatar reminds me of a black 5er

Thank you various bros for the great insights on BMWs, enabling me to understand the ride a lot better. U guys are awesome.

Yeah now after reading the various comments and views of ex BMW owners here makes me a whole lot tempted to get the 5er. Hehe

Turbocharged

If you goto the below links its a treasure trove of information, I saved them all in case they for some reason get deleted.

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=858575

You can suss out error codes from the car using a OBD wifi/bluetooth connector and iphone/andriod running BMWhat (paid software), I manage to extract the error code out in 15 mins against what PML told me will take 1 + day to assess. Gives me great confidence in them [laugh]

Nice link. That was what I was looking for -- it has information of the modules in the car, of which most actually already exists in the previous generation 3 series.

Turbocharged

Wah looking at it heartpain man [bigcry] I can see why the need head down to J's

Yeah I think write off liao, I suppose the sensor reuse right?

Bro this one not one 50c :(

Many many many many 50c plus a lobang hahaha

If you goto the below links its a treasure trove of information, I saved them all in case they for some reason get deleted.

You can suss out error codes from the car using a OBD wifi/bluetooth connector and iphone/andriod running BMWhat (paid software), I manage to extract the error code out in 15 mins against what PML told me will take 1 + day to assess. Gives me great confidence in them [laugh]

Theres a free app BMW Connected connecting through USB for diagnostic ... but keeps giving me error.

You wont regret it.

Turbocharged

I believe that will only display the basic data which you can see on the idrive. For detailed scan it will need to connect via OBD. Below video is how the software works, then again most issues we can't do anything about anyway will still need PML or workshop to rectify. I suppose it will only help to prevent them from smoking you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gm3n2mTXrFw

Theres a free app BMW Connected connecting through USB for diagnostic ... but keeps giving me error.

You wont regret it.

Hypersonic

I also have experience in other brands.

Moreover i very hands on one, can fix my own car even....also can save money.

I no money to drive current models. Too expensive.

Can only buy secondhand. Pai mia....

Comments on latest 3?

Looks very nice and sleek but lost the muscular look.

If made in Germany, can.

Otherwise forget it.

Havent stepped into Performance Motors since 2011

Now looking at Hyundai, mitsubishi ! Toyota and honda.

Must save money.

You don't come here disturb Newbie lah.....

To be fair to PML, don't forget you are being put in a queue behind all the other customers who are there for oil change, repairs, etc. so while it only takes them maybe 10-15 minutes to drive your car from a parking area to the workshop where they can plug in their diagnostics tool (which BTW is not a handphone app but connected to a computer and is not available in every service bay), the queue is the reason why it takes them 1 day.

Hypersonic

F30 using either 0w40 or 5w40 engine oil no big diff right?

I need to top up EO almost every 12k km for my ride

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Yep I have seen the BMW diagnostic tool in action but I won't give them too much credit [laugh] . The SE's I encountered are more concerned about selling me the extended warranty package then getting my car ready, seeing the footage the car was ready at 9 and the SE only told me at 10. express service indeed....

But if you know a good SE would appreciate if you can share the contact. Thanks! [thumbsup]

To be fair to PML, don't forget you are being put in a queue behind all the other customers who are there for oil change, repairs, etc. so while it only takes them maybe 10-15 minutes to drive your car from a parking area to the workshop where they can plug in their diagnostics tool (which BTW is not a handphone app but connected to a computer and is not available in every service bay), the queue is the reason why it takes them 1 day.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

Bro this one not one 50c :(

Many many many many 50c plus a lobang hahaha

sxhbid.jpg

Heart pain Hor? But with new m kit sure u will not rem this after lol

• Praise 2

Haha yea i got my car back already..

However J's fixed m3 side skirts instead of Msport for me!

Fml.. Friday still need to go back change..

Now its like midwaist identity crisis. Haha

They did a job though

• Praise 1

Haha yea i got my car back already..

However J's fixed m3 side skirts instead of Msport for me!

Fml.. Friday still need to go back change..

Now its like midwaist identity crisis. Haha

They did a job though

peeture ???

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2