Manual transmission cars going to be discontinued?

Subutai

Can buy another second hand vios, manual one

I would rather renew my current vios COE rather than buying a 2nd hand. At least i know the car conditions cause im the 1 and only driver.

Just hope when the COE quota increase, the marker become bigger and more choice is available.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

I would rather renew my current vios COE rather than buying a 2nd hand. At least i know the car conditions cause im the 1 and only driver.

Just hope when the COE quota increase, the marker become bigger and more choice is available.

Oic, be it renewed coe or new ride, hope you will have something u like :)

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Manual car is fun to drive once a while la. But for everyday driving, still prefer auto. Lol.

I would consider a GT3 manual as a keeper......

The 991 911 GT3 is only aval in PDK. Unless u dun mind a used 997 GT3.

The quickest manual 991 911 is the 3.8L 430ps GTS.

• Praise 1

Manual car is fun to drive once a while la. But for everyday driving, still prefer auto. Lol.

I think so too, I like manual before I got my auto

After getting auto, found it easier to drive during peak hours, I think my skills not good enough for the peak hour traffic

(edited)

But F-1 cars now also Auto...just 2 pedals..

All major motorsports such as F1, WRC, WTCC, BTCC etc uses clutchless manual gb (dog box) to minimise shift time and eliminate human error (miss shift on manual). Their objective is to win races.

Modern auto-boxes (ZF & dual clutch) no doubt are very quick shifting and offer better FC.

Let me share with u my experience. I had a friendly run with my pal driving a DSG Golf R up north. At one point, we stop side by side on red. I rev my manual WRX at 3.5k rpm and off we go on green. Revving all the way to redline in 1st gear, I was in a slight lead. But every subsequent gear change, the Golf pulls half a car length away... By the time i'm on top gear, the golf is already abt 2 car lengths ahead of me.

Conclusion: Human beings can't out perform machines.

Edited by Aaronlkl
  • Praise 6

K. Tsuchiya himself admitted that he can't shift faster than DSG. Tested in Best Motoring a few years ago.

All major motorsports such as F1, WRC, WTCC, BTCC etc uses clutchless manual gb (dog box) to minimise shift time and eliminate human error (miss shift on manual). Their objective is to win races.

Modern auto-boxes (ZF & dual clutch) no doubt are very quick shifting and offer better FC.

Let me share with u my experience. I had a friendly run with my pal driving a DSG Golf R up north. At one point, we stop side by side on red. I rev my manual WRX at 3.5k rpm and off we go on green. Revving all the way to redline in 1st gear, I was in a slight lead. But every subsequent gear change, the Golf pulls half a car length away... By the time i'm on top gear, the golf is already abt 2 car lengths ahead of me.

Conclusion: Human beings can't out perform machines.

• Praise 1

It's not going to be discontinued. Look at Europe, most of their new cars still have the manual option. It's just the ADs here are not going to bring them in.

Our local market is not big enough... Govt is killing us. ADs also smart... I guess only 10% of cars r manuals as most cars r gonna be scrapped within 1-2 yrs

The 991 911 GT3 is only aval in PDK. Unless u dun mind a used 997 GT3.

The quickest manual 991 911 is the 3.8L 430ps GTS.

Yes I was talking about a secondhand 997 GT3

Every gear change in manual sets you back by a second.

MT is not always about century sprint.... It's more to the control of the engine speed, torque, and brake which AT do not give you.

As they say, there's no man in automatic.. only in manual..

:grin:

• Praise 2

the feel of the down shift when you release the clutch just before going into the apex is .....irreplaceable.

:inlove:

i just love the feeling of in control....whether in the car or on the bed! Drop 1 or 2 gear.....then release.....shiok!
  • Praise 1

One thing I like about stick shift - my wife won't touch my car :D

I'm sure my wife doesn't mind touching my stick shift and weighted gear knob. [:p][inlove] She is currently driving the MT grocery trolley.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1