Class 2 Bike Choices

BabyBlade

yeah, seems demand is strong. I think more touring and hobby bikers now. Transport riders being priced out. I saw Harley glide selling for $95k.

maybe the guy peg it to the $4 vep for Malaysian bikes. 5 weekdays x 52 weeks x 10 years works out to be $10k.

or maybe he compared it with cars where its the norm that the COE takes up more than 50% of the total car cost.

pity them.......need a bike for daily commute but to expensive, take mrt....unreliable. LTA should just do away the coe and arf of smaller to mid capacity motorcycle.....but we know it wont happen because they are pushing the lesser well-off to take public transport for the roi.
↡ Advertisement

(edited)

yeah, seems demand is strong. I think more touring and hobby bikers now. Transport riders being priced out. I saw Harley glide selling for $95k.

maybe the guy peg it to the $4 vep for Malaysian bikes. 5 weekdays x 52 weeks x 10 years works out to be $10k.

or maybe he compared it with cars where its the norm that the COE takes up more than 50% of the total car cost.

Wah kilat man? U sure are good with these calculations real fast and deriving a formulation? Wah cant beat u ah. Lol..dunno wats his agenda leh?

Edited by Unfazed

hahaha.....i had so many accidents....my knees are missing ligaments or tendons...i not sure which. If i stand up in shirts you will see the empty segments that used to be tendons....

Have owned all sorts of bikes from big twins to super sports to sports touring, vintage and naked, cruisers, muscle street.

Except dirt bikes.

Maybe becos i am short . 1.7m only

• Praise 1

Have owned all sorts of bikes from big twins to super sports to sports touring, vintage and naked, cruisers, muscle street.

Except dirt bikes.

okokokok...mai gong mai gong. U r sending shivers down my spine liao...u champion u champion, I still wanna ride hor so tolong tolong ah.

I hope you are much better now. Do take care of urself. I dunno if ur wife still allow u to ride being a terror last time. Haha...but yes, karak highway has changed, now all bends come with very thick stripes that we feel the bumps, the sports bike riders may not like these bumps in high speed (and in corners some more) as it may upset their balance.

I have come across a few acquaintances who perished on nshw. Witnessed a head-on collison between a msia car & our fren HD in msia trunk road, thou just superficial injury, i am already waken up by that incident for life.

Stay safe.

no ....i not that terror or champion.......i know of many who will leave me in dust listening to their riding exploit. I hear oso i feel chill throughout my spine.....serious! I am tame if compared to them. I nearly kicked the basket in ayer hitam on the return leg.....nearly hit a tourist coach. But bikers should know lar! Once the right leg goes over the seat and the keys into the ignition.....all caution blows away with the wind....

Except dirt bikes.

(edited)

1.7m still considered short, then the rest of us would be worse..

I'm 1.62m and still ok with riding my Ducati Monster to work. But if you mentioned dirt bikes, then I agree.

Side track:

The Ducati sales lady at Leng Kee rides a Ducati Hypermotard and she is the same height as me. I think it's all about riding skill.

Sometimes its the footing that caught us by surprise. We didnt realise the slight gradient & when fully stopped. Put down left foot & suddenly, shit! How come foot still cant reach ground?! Bike lean to one angle stationery, down that rider goes in that split secs. If riders know what I mean. Edited by Unfazed

1.7 us ok de.....me oni 1.73! My friend who is 1.65 or 1.68 riding a tall cb 1300. One eve rides a gs 1200. Its all a matter of getting use to. Durt bikes are a thrill......but more skillful than the street biker. I wanted to change to one right after i got married but......no kaki!

Riders below 1.7m sometimes challenging also bcos the seat on some bikes are broad so footing is a small challenge thou bike not tall. I m not very tall hence when I sit on touring bikes, the broad seat does take away some of my footing but I can still reach the flooring with whole foot thou I hv the habit of having my toes & dunno how to describe that front part of my feet in contact with the ground. I hv this habit so that I dun lock my whole leg.

Yes a rider who can ride a scrambler well can ride any bike but not every rider can ride a scrambler well. The scrambler can train a rider well & instill lotsa confidence in his future riding with other types of bikes.

Supersonic

Sometimes its the footing that caught us by surprise. We didnt realise the slight gradient & when fully stopped. Put down left foot & suddenly, shit! How come foot still cant reach ground?! Bike lean to one angle stationery, down that rider goes in that split secs. If riders know what I mean.

Like this?  [laugh]

https://youtu.be/GK9_66u0Nb8

(edited)

1.7m still considered short, then the rest of us would be worse..

I'm 1.62m and still ok with riding my Ducati Monster to work. But if you mentioned dirt bikes, then I agree.

Side track:

The Ducati sales lady at Leng Kee rides a Ducati Hypermotard and she is the same height as me. I think it's all about riding skill.

It not about riding skills here

Its about comfort and feel.

Doesnt take much skills to just ride a dirtbike.

Many girls like dirtbikes becos they are screaming for attention.

Its been like than since 30yrs ago.

Those who scream for equal attention also like to go for sportsbikes like panigale and zx10r

Muayhahahahahaahah.

Edited by Throttle2
  • Praise 1

Riders below 1.7m sometimes challenging also bcos the seat on some bikes are broad so footing is a small challenge thou bike not tall. I m not very tall hence when I sit on touring bikes, the broad seat does take away some of my footing but I can still reach the flooring with whole foot thou I hv the habit of having my toes & dunno how to describe that front part of my feet in contact with the ground. I hv this habit so that I dun lock my whole leg.

Yes a rider who can ride a scrambler well can ride any bike but not every rider can ride a scrambler well. The scrambler can train a rider well & instill lotsa confidence in his future riding with other types of bikes.

Scramblers are very light and easy to ride.

Almost like a toy. Thats how they were designed to be.

Nothing to difficult at all.

We dont ride it becos we dont like the discomfort and the feel, becos singapore is start stop traffic.

A rider who can ride a scrambler can ride any bike but not every rider can ride a scrambler well is bulls**t, bro. Its just practice and getting use to. Scrambler can train rider well and instill confidence becos it is light and easy to ride, thats why.

Nowadays scramblers even easier and even lighter to ride.

They make Excellent beginner bikes

i have seen riders who looks for the raised kerbs because their feet dont touch the ground when they stop.....hahaha.

Scramblers are very light and easy to ride.

Almost like a toy. Thats how they were designed to be.

Nothing to difficult at all.

We dont ride it becos we dont like the discomfort and the feel, becos singapore is start stop traffic.

A rider who can ride a scrambler can ride any bike but not every rider can ride a scrambler well is bulls**t, bro. Its just practice and getting use to. Scrambler can train rider well and instill confidence becos it is light and easy to ride, thats why.

Nowadays scramblers even easier and even lighter to ride.

They make Excellent beginner bikes

Sorry sorry. I forgot to mention those riding scrambler & gg off-rd kinda riders. I hv frens who are into off-rd & ride very well which is why I said that. U are not wrong in saying practise & getting used to it.

Yes, agree with u they are very light & springy. Haha...like to press the front fork up & down.

But very scared of the tyre grip cos its like we cant feel the grip & kinda abit scary.

I hv never ridden scrambler at all so I dun see myself as a gd rider, no gentleman not terror also. And I like to watch how our instructors ride bikes.

Those who scream for equal attention also like to go for sportsbikes like panigale and zx10r

Muayhahahahahaahah.

Mai stir hor. Aku kena warning liao hor. Haha..must acknowledge one some more u know. Lol..

Sorry sorry. I forgot to mention those riding scrambler & gg off-rd kinda riders. I hv frens who are into off-rd & ride very well which is why I said that. U are not wrong in saying practise & getting used to it.

Yes, agree with u they are very light & springy. Haha...like to press the front fork up & down.

But very scared of the tyre grip cos its like we cant feel the grip & kinda abit scary.

I hv never ridden scrambler at all so I dun see myself as a gd rider, no gentleman not terror also. And I like to watch how our instructors ride bikes.

Mai stir hor. Aku kena warning liao hor. Haha..must acknowledge one some more u know. Lol..

i have 2 warning.....one deservedly given by jman because of that ccsb fella which will lapse end of April.....the other was issued in 1970 for spamming.....didnt know mcf existed in 1970....

Hheeeeheeeee

Sometimes its the footing that caught us by surprise. We didnt realise the slight gradient & when fully stopped. Put down left foot & suddenly, shit! How come foot still cant reach ground?! Bike lean to one angle stationery, down that rider goes in that split secs. If riders know what I mean.

Yeah I know that feeling. When I was riding my super 4, I dropped it at the lights as I lane split and the road was really uneven. 

Tried to move forward a little but it was too late and dropped it. So paiseh when everyone at the traffic lights was looking at me.

Now I'm really very careful on my Ducati and will crawl to gauge the road before stopping.

Muayhahahahahaahah.

Haha yeah. I choose a street bike as it was "more" comfortable yet sporty at the same time as compared to other types of bikes.

Although I really do like the looks of the Panigale (too forward leaning) and Hypermotard (too high) for a comfortable ride in start-stop CBD traffic.

↡ Advertisement