Class 2 Bike Choices

BabyBlade

BB why do you want a dirt bike?

If it's just to muck around in the dirt then you don't need a 400 or 200 2-stroke. Start smaller, maybe go for a 125 or 200 4-stroke to play around with or get dedicated off-road bike that's not road registered.

↡ Advertisement

If I do get a dirt bike it will be a side bike. Went to view a few DRZ400, KTM200, I can't touch the ground so that's out, for now.

dirt bikes are normally higher than street bikes, saw a near " accident " abt 10 yrs + when dirt bike was very " in " ...was driving behind a young lady on a dirt bike along AYE. As the bike was build higher the rider has to tipped toes ( barely touching the road kind) when the bike stop. there was a slight jam that day and rained b4 that also , traffic was slow ( thank god). as usual during traffic jam, bikers will squeeze in between lanes ( been there done that also). so this young lady tried to squeeze between lane in front, in a flash I saw here dropped from her bike and her head landed near to the lane marking on my right and at the instance a taxi drove pass( considerably slower than usual cos of the j missed hitting her head by mere inches, my guess the contributing factors are dirt bike studded tires with water on white road markings a definite no no...plus the rider is small for the bike and she can barely " balance" the bike during stopping and moving off because she cant touch the floor with her feet.....my point is get a bike that suits the rider comfortably.

the rider is small for the bike and she can barely " balance" the bike during stopping and moving off because she cant touch the floor with her feet.....my point is get a bike that suits the rider comfortably.

I agree, saw a Ducati rider, very slim Malay lady, she could hardly balance when the traffic is very slow.

• Praise 5

I have been wanting to take class 2 for the longest time. End up I bought a class 2 bike and lan lan reg for class 2 lesson. hahahahaha So all those talk n lazy to go n upgrade your licence. Buy a bike first. I bet u will be eager to pass your class 2 at the shortest time.

• Praise 1

LOL...

Once you have tried the proper upright riding position, you don't want to go back to crotch rockets style.

I didn't see this previously but beg to differ. "Proper upright riding positions" hurt my back, I'm more comfortable on crotch rockets. I tried and couldn't wait to get back to crotch rockets.

• Praise 1

I didn't see this previously but beg to differ. "Proper upright riding positions" hurt my back, I'm more comfortable on crotch rockets. I tried and couldn't wait to get back to crotch rockets.

aXXEp3g_700b_v3.jpg

• Praise 5