Class 2 Bike Choices

BabyBlade

I see. So u like retro in addition to street-fighters. Once a week considered good already.

In the late 70s, there was a CB1000 with IL6 iirc. That should b a collector's bike by now.

Yeah thats the CBX....

Must be shiok to have 6cyc in between the legs....

(edited)

BMW K1600

IL6 :wub:

Not my thing leh, k1600

I like naked bikes with massive engine blocks in between the legs......

Old school at heart, prefer class 2 bikes to be unpadded monster machines in terms of look and weight.

Edited by Throttle2

Turbocharged
(edited)

Guys....Toyota i-road. u think Car or bike coe?

Very tempted if bike. In production early next year.

landscape-1450366637-img-1870.jpg

Edited by Karoon

Supersonic

Guys....Toyota i-road. u think Car or bike coe?

Very tempted if bike. In production early next year.

landscape-1450366637-img-1870.jpg

There are already 3 wheelers from a few manufacturers. Tyt coming in, imo, is just asking for it; to insert ideas to justify another perm spike for CAT D.

These 3 wheelers take a full lane more often n easier to justify coffers to nation bldg.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

There are already 3 wheelers from a few manufacturers. Tyt coming in, imo, is just asking for it; to insert ideas to justify another perm spike for CAT D.

These 3 wheelers take a full lane more often n easier to justify coffers to nation bldg.

I'm looking for a bike with a shell, or i wouldn't get it past the CO.

3 wheelers should still be bikes, but i can understand the concern with some ultra wide ones. There was a stupid big 3 wheeler i saw here which was easily wider than a small perodua. Those ones spoil the market.

Supersonic

3 wheelers should still be bikes, but i can understand the concern with some ultra wide ones. There was a stupid big 3 wheeler i saw here which was easily wider than a small perodua. Those ones spoil the market.

Ah... Thats the can-can. Or was it cam-cam 1000cc v-twin.
  • Praise 1

Those neither car nor motorcycle will not be approved by LTA easily.

Forget about motorcycle.  Motorcycle has always been about not having the shell.

Turbocharged

Those neither car nor motorcycle will not be approved by LTA easily.

Forget about motorcycle.  Motorcycle has always been about not having the shell.

something like the 3rd bike in the vid would be viable. Still retains proper bike dimensions.

https://youtu.be/gPn_d2jNEKA

Turbocharged
(edited)

All these spoil the fun of biking.

past the age of fun for me. just want to be cheap, fast and private and come home safe to family.

attended too many bike buddies' funerals already.

Edited by Karoon

@BabyBlade how's the duc coming along?

My wife-to-be is terrified of bikes because of the safety issues, so i had to negotiate a deal with her. I won't be riding on the road anymore but as a compromise i can get a track bike instead.

I've started nosing around but will buy after my house reno and moving is sorted. My mechanic has a track-prepped R1 with lots of goodies that he might let go  :ph34r:

Internal Moderator

@BabyBlade how's the duc coming along?

My wife-to-be is terrified of bikes because of the safety issues, so i had to negotiate a deal with her. I won't be riding on the road anymore but as a compromise i can get a track bike instead.

I've started nosing around but will buy after my house reno and moving is sorted. My mechanic has a track-prepped R1 with lots of goodies that he might let go  :ph34r:

Looks like I missed your message.

The Duc has been good but my biggest gripe is the suspension. Too hard. At certain times the ride feels extremely harsh. Under hard acceleration it seems I'm gonna lose control of the bike and traction is poor when that happens.

I've yet to get it sorted out. Did some minor adjustments here and there with SBR but my guess is I'll have to custom the springs to my weight. Since suspension components are engineered for mass production doubt any other adjustments without changing the spring will work.

So have you gotten your track bike?

Internal Moderator

This is a better place for you to post your questions.

I'm not the best person to ask because I don't know anything about street bikes and it depends for what usage.

If you want something for leisure and a lifestyle ride, maybe a BMW R Nine T?

post-107101-0-68001700-1482457823_thumb.jpg

@still2016

• Praise 1

Yea definitely. Haven't collected it yet. Damn nervous. Babyblade inline 4 to V-twin may not be a very smooth transition.  [bigcry]

Thanks bro!

Class 2 is actually easier than 2B and 2A. Go for it!

why is it easier ? Considering taking it after a long long break from riding . I'm terrified of the wet E brake frankly

Internal Moderator

why is it easier ? Considering taking it after a long long break from riding . I'm terrified of the wet E brake frankly

Class 2B  - you start off with close to zero experience on a bike. Many theory lessons, evaluations, practicals before you can book your TP test. 

Everyone thrashes the bike. Bike condition is bad.

By the time you're at 2A and 2, you would already have had sufficient experience on the road. Only three lessons. You've done the courses multiple times for 2B. For Class 2, condition of bikes are so much better than the other classes. Crash bar is also shorter compared to the other classes, making your life so much easier for pylon slalom. 

The e-brake is fine. Usually people fish tail because of excessive rear braking.

↡ Advertisement