Is wise to buy a new 2015 Jetta now

redkenken

Turbocharged

Salesman concern is their own pocket, not yours! However, do not know anyone directly who has a 2015 model so cannot comment. Do know one that has a 2012 model and it went to the workshop for 9 days due to gearbox issue within the first year of ownership. I believe you are just going to hear lot of negative, jetta of my friend's friend dsg broke down kind of comment. The reputation is that bad. I don't think u can get any clarity now as this is only the 5th month into 2015. Those with this recent model may not have any issue but the timeline is too short to be conclusive.

if you have been reading up with question like this, SE said the same thing in year 2012, 2013, 2014 and of cause this year 2015 model problem solved liao kind of BS.... i will only consider as long new model come with new wet GB .. like 8-dsg in 2016 perhaps.... [laugh]

↡ Advertisement

Hi All,

I admit that I am attracted by Jetta because it is a Europe car and the current offered price is very attractive too. it is spacious and the boot is huge. However, when I went through all the threads, it seems it got a terrible history. I have a few questions:

1) the 7 speed gear box- when I checked with the sales, he told me it is not an issue any more for those 2015 Jetta. How likely I can trust him? he told me the sales figure is good this year.

2) Currently WV only offers 3 years warranty for the gear box now. After the warranty, the sales told me it is about 2K+ to replace it. If I want to keep this car after 3 years, Do I have to budget this 2K+ every year based on the information given by some brothers in this forum.

3) Besides this gear box issue, Is there any other main issue for this model?

The sales kept telling me that I don't need to worry about it any more since WV has fixed it for the year 2015 model. if it is still a concern to me, he suggested me that I can sell it just before end of the 3rd years.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,

Ken

They told me the same thing in 2012.. But good thing i didnt fall for it.. That time they were still offering 5 years warranty for the gearbox... Went to ford in the end..

You can still buy.. But dont be the first few.. Monitor for complaints and try bargain for 5yr warranty for the gearbox to play safe

Hypersonic

Hi All,

I admit that I am attracted by Jetta because it is a Europe car and the current offered price is very attractive too. it is spacious and the boot is huge. However, when I went through all the threads, it seems it got a terrible history. I have a few questions:

1) the 7 speed gear box- when I checked with the sales, he told me it is not an issue any more for those 2015 Jetta. How likely I can trust him? he told me the sales figure is good this year.

2) Currently WV only offers 3 years warranty for the gear box now. After the warranty, the sales told me it is about 2K+ to replace it. If I want to keep this car after 3 years, Do I have to budget this 2K+ every year based on the information given by some brothers in this forum.

The sales kept telling me that I don't need to worry about it any more since WV has fixed it for the year 2015 model. if it is still a concern to me, he suggested me that I can sell it just before end of the 3rd years.

Thanks,

Ken

tell the salesman to give a further discount of 2k x 7 years on the car price

and also tell him you still have haven't asked for the discount for your time and effort to bring the car to the workshop as well as inconvenience of being without a car.

there...win-win situation

:D

• Praise 2

Hi All,

Thanks,

Ken

2k+ to replace gearbox???

I think he is bulls**tting you.

• Praise 1

Bro, I believe you should weigh other options in comparison with the Jetta as in what other models are you looking at as well? How much are you willing to come up with? Weigh in already and if your heart still tells you Jetta, then go ahead since you are spending a 6 digit amount on it.

Most important is when you buy that car, you shouldn't have any doubts and that you are confident in your car. I honestly feel that no car is perfect, other makes will have their own problems is just what sort of problems. At the very least for a VW, you are aware that there is a gearbox concern so the expectation is in some way managed. [:p]

i thk if u can put up with some inconvenience, the jetta is def a much more fun car than the usual jap competitors.

the GB wil not break the car, jus inconvenience, and plenty of VW workshops outside can solve ur problem aft warranty.

I would suggest u drop over VAGSG forum to get more owner feedback and then make ur own decision aft testing the few cars u shortlisted.

btw how much is it now?

• Praise 1

(edited)

No need to ask the sales person so many questions on the gb. Just ask him what car he drives. If he doesn't drive a vw the answer is clear. [grin]

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 3

Hi All,

Thanks,

Ken

I am sure many buyers are like you attracted to Jetta new car price, conti car at jap car price!

Like some bros said, buy with confident. If you buy liao then will still worry when the GB will breakdown then better drop the idea of buying. Spending 6 figures still got this bad feeling at the back of your mind, not worth it.

Use the same price get a jap car or top up few hundreds monthly to get a more reliable conti car.

Hi All,

Thanks,

Ken

the question is can you tahan for the first 3 years ? you mean the GB will not have any problems during these years ?

don't buy because its conti car, no big deal. i notice VW are getting lesser on the roads compared to their heydays. this should indicate something

• Praise 2

I don't consider a "conti-brand" car that is Made-in-Mexico a "conti" car. It's still a Mexican car. [grin]

Hi All,

Thanks,

Ken

Please buy and you can continue this thread http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2660866-gearbox-issues;-and-problems-at-vw-service-centre/

• Praise 1

i thk if u can put up with some inconvenience, the jetta is def a much more fun car than the usual jap competitors.

the GB wil not break the car, jus inconvenience, and plenty of VW workshops outside can solve ur problem aft warranty.

I would suggest u drop over VAGSG forum to get more owner feedback and then make ur own decision aft testing the few cars u shortlisted.

btw how much is it now?

TS is about $11,800.

Turbocharged

German tech! Buy! Sure not regret one!

Do they give any free gifts with the ride? Like free nachos?

TS, may I suggest this?

Ask VW to give you 10 years warranty on the gearbox and engine. If they dare, I say can buy.

• Praise 2

Hypersonic

TS is about $11,800.

wah jetta so cheap now, vw really desperate for sales until subsidize below cost

just buy and whack... gb spoil already just throw

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

made in Mexico.

Bro, I assume you are joking with me and you don't recommend me to buy it now.

mexico?... another reason to stay away.... if you know how those mexican works (my coy have a manufacturing plant there), i will stay away from any product produced from there sad to say.. [sweatdrop]

wah jetta so cheap now, vw really desperate for sales until subsidize below cost

if only 11.8K, i will also buy.. every year spend 5K repairing still cheaper than any b&b car... [laugh]

• Praise 2

Bro, that is why my finger itchy to see an Europe car at this price. Now I know there are reasons behind it.

Sorry, 118,000. :lll._.: .

↡ Advertisement