• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
98 replies to this topic | 547 praises

Posted 14 May 2015 - 08:22 AM

Spring
  • Premium member
    Spring
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Singapore voted no. 1 in Education worldwide which helps propel us to be first world country.
Whilst I won't deny this is true, I'm just wondering what price we pay for achieving this.
Pressure on our children at a young age, streaming ie segregating the children by their results, book smart children etc. Interested to know what do you guys feel, worth it? Perhaps.......

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg

Mercs, Ktglfc, Byteslurve, Sunny, Qpik, Staff69, Tigershark1976, 1 other member and 2 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 14 May 2015 - 08:49 AM

Vid
  • Premium member
    Vid
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I said it before. Education in Singapore is like factory or macdonalds churning out workers. There is good and bad. Good because you get a continuous stream of workers who has the ability to work. Bad is because you get hordes of workers with similar skill set all vying for limited number of jobs. That's why FT still have a place in Singapore because we can't think out of the box.
Picnic06-Biante15, Pinobii, Trex101, Spring, Holdenutessv, Ktglfc, Aaronlkl and 6 other members praised this

Posted 14 May 2015 - 09:01 AM

Spring
  • Premium member
    Spring
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I said it before. Education in Singapore is like factory or macdonalds churning out workers. There is good and bad. Good because you get a continuous stream of workers who has the ability to work. Bad is because you get hordes of workers with similar skill set all vying for limited number of jobs. That's why FT still have a place in Singapore because we can't think out of the box.

Well said bro! I have the same thinking as well that we are like programmed robots. Good workers but not many leaders and even fewer entrepreneurs. I know this well cos I'm also cut from the same cloth :D

Posted 14 May 2015 - 09:04 AM

Enye
  • Enye
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

very good

now please send all these highly educated children to work as cleaners, mechanics, service staff, construction workers, maids etc

we need them in these jobs urgently

-_-

Mustank, Sabian, Ben5266, BanCoe, Chowyunfatt and 3 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 14 May 2015 - 09:10 AM

Picnic06-Biante15
  • Premium member
    Picnic06-Biante15
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Now they are worried that Singaporean are too smart and so, told us no degree never mind..... :dizzy:

FT with a degree and another fake one, welcome .. -_-  

Mustank, Ktglfc, Atonchia, Mcf777, Chowyunfatt, Staff69 and 2 Anonymous members praised this

"Genius is One Per Cent INSPIRATION, Ninety-nine Per Cent PERSPIRATION"

Posted 14 May 2015 - 09:12 AM

Coolad
  • Premium member
    Coolad
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Still lose to SPU... period...hahaha

Mustank and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 14 May 2015 - 09:13 AM

Picnic06-Biante15
  • Premium member
    Picnic06-Biante15
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Inside the box feel safe .... -_-

Outside the box, 'people eat people' world .... :TT_TT:

and we are so soft until PRC women can scolded our police officers, we LLST ... :ignoring:

Edited by Picnic06, 14 May 2015 - 09:14 AM.

"Genius is One Per Cent INSPIRATION, Ninety-nine Per Cent PERSPIRATION"

Posted 14 May 2015 - 09:22 AM

Mustank
  • Mustank
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Well said bro! I have the same thinking as well that we are like programmed robots. Good workers but not many leaders and even fewer entrepreneurs. I know this well cos I'm also cut from the same cloth :D

well, there always some who took the red pill you know [laugh]

kgeng joul kgeng joul, jin ho jiak [laugh]

Amos-Yee-banana-CNA.jpg

Still lose to SPU... period...hahaha

9f2be9872202afa854624d7e9fd5313fb5cdb8b7

Ben5266, Tohto, Staff69 and 2 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 14 May 2015 - 10:39 AM

Kanchelsk
  • Premium member
    Kanchelsk
    6th Gear
    Author Image

if everyone also highly educated and work as management team.. then who is going to execute the task?? 

1 Anonymous member praised this
Liverpool Football Club

Posted 14 May 2015 - 10:58 AM

Wishcumstrue
  • Wishcumstrue
    Supercharged
    Author Image

I fail to understand what some people are complaining about.

If you want your children to have an easier school life and less work load, there are many choices around Singapore which one can enrole into and cheaper too.

How about sending your kids to schools in Malaysia which is ranked 52nd on the PISA survey ?

OECD2.jpg

Edited by Wishcumstrue, 14 May 2015 - 11:01 AM.

"..why do you want buy Playboy now if you can go into the internet? You get more than what you get in Playboy.."- LKY, 2009 NatGeo.

Posted 14 May 2015 - 11:10 AM

Jman888
  • Jman888

I fail to understand what some people are complaining about.

If you want your children to have an easier school life and less work load, there are many choices around Singapore which one can enrole into and cheaper too.

How about sending your kids to schools in Malaysia which is ranked 52nd on the PISA survey ?

although all schools are good school in Singapore, you can always find a few that are not so stressful one    [laugh]  [laugh]

骑白马的不一定是王子,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。

Posted 14 May 2015 - 11:21 AM

Mustank
  • Mustank
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

if everyone also highly educated and work as management team.. then who is going to execute the task?? 

FT FW lor

Posted 14 May 2015 - 11:23 AM

Ben5266
  • Premium member
    Ben5266
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

well, there always some who took the red pill you know [laugh]

kgeng joul kgeng joul, jin ho jiak [laugh]

Good meh?

Wonder is there only 1 and only 1 Amos or many more Famos?

Posted 14 May 2015 - 11:26 AM

Wishcumstrue
  • Wishcumstrue
    Supercharged
    Author Image

although all schools are good school in Singapore, you can always find a few that are not so stressful one    [laugh]  [laugh]

Yes, there are locals schools which caters to children with different abilities and learning rate.

The point I am making is it is really stupid to see this advantage which our education system had invested so much onm as a problem.

These people seems to forget the simple fact human resouce is all Singapore has to remain viable.

"..why do you want buy Playboy now if you can go into the internet? You get more than what you get in Playboy.."- LKY, 2009 NatGeo.

Posted 14 May 2015 - 11:39 AM

Mustank
  • Mustank
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Good meh?

Wonder is there only 1 and only 1 Amos or many more Famos?

siao lang siao lang everywhere [grin]

Ktglfc praised this

Posted 14 May 2015 - 11:48 AM

Gitanic
  • Premium member
    Gitanic
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Life is short.So for me happiness is most important.When i was given a place in NUS 20 yrs ago,only about 20% of cohort able to get into local university.Now is 40-50%.So it's a bad rat race.

If you are into Medicine,Dentistry,Law,Pharmacy then of course get that degree as early as possible.For some other fields there are other routes.

And in life many roads lead to success.All you have to do is excel in it.

Mustank, Count-Bracula, Blackyv and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 14 May 2015 - 12:18 PM

Turboflat4
  • Premium member
    Turboflat4
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

A true education is not just about teaching students to give the right answers.

A true education is about teaching them to ask the right questions.

Sadly, in Singapore, asking any kind of deeply probing or meaningful question is frowned upon.
Ktglfc and 2 Anonymous members praised this
We live in a primitive time, don't we, Will? Neither savage nor wise. Half measures are the curse of it; any rational society would either kill me or put me to some use.

Posted 14 May 2015 - 12:20 PM

Goldbug
  • Goldbug
    6th Gear
    Author Image

But FT fake degree trumps Singaporean real degree liao...

Ktglfc and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 14 May 2015 - 12:25 PM

Wishcumstrue
  • Wishcumstrue
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Life is short.So for me happiness is most important.When i was given a place in NUS 20 yrs ago,only about 20% of cohort able to get into local university.Now is 40-50%.So it's a bad rat race.

If you are into Medicine,Dentistry,Law,Pharmacy then of course get that degree as early as possible.For some other fields there are other routes.

And in life many roads lead to success.All you have to do is excel in it.

Indeed, there are many ways to happiness and having a degree or an MBA is no guarantee to that.

Many now knows that

Yet we see many continue to strive in their educaton and we shouldn't fault them for getting in the paper chase fry.

That aside, this PISA ranking is not about Degree or MBA.

But FT fake degree trumps Singaporean real degree liao...

FYI, India had withdrew from the OECD education survey since 2012.

I guess we know why now.

Edited by Wishcumstrue, 14 May 2015 - 12:24 PM.

Posted 14 May 2015 - 12:26 PM

Ktglfc
  • Premium member
    Ktglfc
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Agreed.
We need education to make us become entrepreneurs and not a "Yes" man ...
We need to ask more "Why" and "How" .... Then, we can have a nation of thinkers and entrepreneurs and this will create more businesses ...
Rich: is not about how much you have, but how much you give.

The sky has turned brighter.
There's a glorious rainbow that beckons those with a spirit of adventure and there are rich findings at the end of that rainbow.
Find that rainbow, go ride it.

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: education, singapore no. 1 and 1 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users