2015 May, 2nd COE Bidding Exercise

yo2020

yoyo;

Any where we can check the number of bids at each pricing level ?

I want to determine how many are frivolous bids at $5k or below ?

cannot tell u so detailed la...

but majority r genuine bids. eg. during last bidding, only abt 80 r <=$30k or abt 130 r <=$53k. [lipsrsealed]

• Praise 2

Cat A up by 3K with all the Toyota 6 bids orders kaput as last chance to finish Feb 100K Altis orders.

Cat B down by 2K, demand starting to drop as all the rich people wait for convergence of Cat A and Cat B price.

• Praise 1

It is always better to have lower coe numbers corresponding lower demand/car scrapping than more coe supply with bigger demand/car scrapping.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

cannot tell u so detailed la...

but majority r genuine bids. eg. during last bidding, only abt 80 r <=$30k or abt 130 r <=$53k. [lipsrsealed]

You must be Lui Tuck Yew.....

• Praise 4

(edited)

I differ.

Lower COE numbers corresponding to lower demand often lead to much jostling among the Kiasu.

More COE supply with bigger demand /car scrapping ..allow for more sanity..

More demand with physical car supply not catching up creates more kiasu and desperate instinct among buyers. On top of AD not so flexible with lowering prices since they already have enough to meet (or already met) their annual sales/profit quota. Edited by zerobim08

i don't think that cat a will go down it would either remain the same or increase considering the amount of back logs of cat a coe the industry has.

just my opinion

• Praise 1

This round don't wanna guess. Bad guessing last 2 rounds.

Don be discouraged by the setbacks. Have been wrong since last 2 years. 2 yrs liao, kept hearing tsunami coming, till today, still nothing, maybe now the tap open a bit.

Right now, everyone is thirsty because they have been living in drought conditions for the past 5 years. This is only human psychology. The market has to be so satiated with COEs that they begin to tire of the process of changing cars. This last happened 8-10 years ago.

For COE prices to soften, a gradual and gentle downward trend will have to be seen over a few bidding cycles before human psychology kicks in and 'tells' the mind that the 'correct/ rational' course of action will be to hold off and see if it would go down even more.

Only when people (i.e. the market) sees this phenomenon happening will they back off because they 'feel' that the next round would be even cheaper and thus back off from jumping in like lemmings into the ocean (as is the case now. Of course, there will always be a group with inelastic demand curve who disregard price movements anyway and be in the market anytime they 'feel' they can afford it.

But these are just my musings, only time will tell if COE will soften.

• Praise 4

Right now, everyone is thirsty because they have been living in drought conditions for the past 5 years. This is only human psychology. The market has to be so satiated with COEs that they begin to tire of the process of changing cars. This last happened 8-10 years ago.

For COE prices to soften, a gradual and gentle downward trend will have to be seen over a few bidding cycles before human psychology kicks in and 'tells' the mind that the 'correct/ rational' course of action will be to hold off and see if it would go down even more.

Only when people (i.e. the market) sees this phenomenon happening will they back off because they 'feel' that the next round would be even cheaper and thus back off from jumping in like lemmings into the ocean (as is the case now. Of course, there will always be a group with inelastic demand curve who disregard price movements anyway and be in the market anytime they 'feel' they can afford it.

But these are just my musings, only time will tell if COE will soften.

Well said.

↡ Advertisement