Convertible/Roadster vs coupe

Antonee

Input your comments / input here.

I start by :

Convertible / Roadster

1.Yes, it is ok to own a convertible / roadster as long as one can afford. Doesn't matter on what other people says not practical and so on.

2. If one have a family, he / she must at least have a family car (Can be BNB or etc) , and the convertible/roadster is for weekend use !

3. It is not feasible if you want piak /bj cos its very "open" and not discreet.

4. It is cool to own a convertible / roadster as people will go "woah woah".

Coupe:

1. Same as point 1

2. Same as point 2 but if raining , you have to rush and pull up the seat to let the passenger sqeeue in the back seat. (back seat usually not much leg room)

3. So how I felt that coupe cabin(boot) is larger than sedan cars ! Good for shopping groceries and maybe small furniture.

4. You have tinted glass to be discreet. (But be warned LTA will summon you cos I kenna tinted glass before, period)

5. People will go woah woah but not as high as convertible/roadster

BHP/Torque which is the performance wise , I leave it to you guys...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged

Interesting point on the raining part for coupes... never thought about it before.

If I had 2 cars I would take the convertible as it's much cooler. Coupe is just a sleeker car with 2 doors instead of 4 hence not as unique as a convertible that can open the roof. Carrying groceries or large items will be left to the other car which ideally would be a sedan.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Very laychay to get in and out, especially ladies with mini skirt.

Need more space for opening the doors.

• Praise 2

A sexy car is a sexy car la. Coupe or convertible not much diff.

Benefit of convertible though is you can jump in and out if you fit/agile enough. No need to open door. [:p]

Here's a benefit of a coupe.

Rear seats bigger than most sedans at the same age

Cheaper than most B&B sedans at the same age

Sexier than most B&B sedans at the same age

Safer than most B&B sedans at the same age (additional airbags, tcs).

Can use as a daily car & outperform sedans in above ways.

Open top (2 seaters).

Cannot suit my lifestyle even as a second car as I got a 3 years old kid.

Open top (4seaters).

Can consider but boot space usually very small.

Cannot use it as cargo transport / stuff many items like my 3 stake scooters.

Can consider as second car however if cannot bring skate scooters around, I guess either i stop scooting or it doesn't suit my lifestyle.

Then if on road trip, cannot carry the family's luggage with me.

post-61679-0-45990300-1431771545.jpg

Turbocharged

I'd prefer coupe over convertible. Don't see much value in open-top motoring personally.

But it impresses me how big some coupe's rear seats are.

Supersonic

Very laychay to get in and out, especially ladies with mini skirt.

Need more space for opening the doors.

Sometimes there's no better view than seeing a SYT in a micro-mini trying to retain her dignity while trying to get out of a Lotus or something similar. :wub:

And I'm torn between my urge to be a chivalrous white knight by going up to help her and just hanging back at the right distance for the best viewing experience. [sly]

Funny thing you mention this - I recently put on Stone Guard for my headlights at home. I was chatting with the guy while he was working and he was telling me about one of his customers who was very keen on a Lotus but his wife put her foot down after she tried getting out while wearing a skirt. He actually started explaining why, when I just interrupted him with "zao geng, right?" and he LOLed. :D

• Praise 2

Twincharged

Sometimes there's no better view than seeing a SYT in a micro-mini trying to retain her dignity while trying to get out of a Lotus or something similar. :wub:

And I'm torn between my urge to be a chivalrous white knight by going up to help her and just hanging back at the right distance for the best viewing experience. [sly]

Funny thing you mention this - I recently put on Stone Guard for my headlights at home. I was chatting with the guy while he was working and he was telling me about one of his customers who was very keen on a Lotus but his wife put her foot down after she tried getting out while wearing a skirt. He actually started explaining why, when I just interrupted him with "zao geng, right?" and he LOLed. :D

So many girls dunno the trick to getting in and out of a low car properly meh. My ex used to turn sideways and put both legs out at the same time so no chance of seeing anything....

i have owned both a 4 seater coupe and a 2 seater roadster previously. I am currently driving a 5 seater sedan and here is what I have to say.

1) it is not ok to have a coupe or roadster even if you can afford. You really need to want it before you own it. There are a lot of sacrifices you have to take to own a coupe/roadster. I have listed a few below.

- you cannot park in tight parking lots. Coupe and roadster have longer doors and require a bigger space to open.

- the width of the coupe/roadster are generally narrower. If you drive a colleague home, not to nice to touch his/her hand when you want to use the arm rest.

- coupe and roadster have very hard suspension. Not really nice when the road is bumpy.

- coupe and roadster design ages very fast when compared to sedans/suv.

2) you can use it as your main car as long as you do not have kids. weekend supermarket trip is ok for roadster and coupe. As long as you got around 300L of space, it will be more than enough. Some roadster only got 100L, those are not the type that you can do shopping.

3) with so little space, I don't think you would want to do anything but drive. The space is so small that if you wife nag in the car, you might go crazy if the situation is not controlled after 5 min.

4) as for show off effect, it depends on the price honestly. If you buy a copen (roadster), I doubt anyone will take a second look. If you drive a f type coupe, someone might even take pictures with you car when you are not around.

As for performance wise, it is the same. It depends on how deep your pockets are. It does not mean that roadster/coupe are any faster than sedans. In fact, nowadays many full sized sedans are as fast as sports car in a straight line. An entry level s class is around 5.5s to 100 and that puts a lot of sport car lookalike to shame.

Input your comments / input here.

I start by :

Convertible / Roadster

1.Yes, it is ok to own a convertible / roadster as long as one can afford. Doesn't matter on what other people says not practical and so on.

2. If one have a family, he / she must at least have a family car (Can be BNB or etc) , and the convertible/roadster is for weekend use !

3. It is not feasible if you want piak /bj cos its very "open" and not discreet.

4. It is cool to own a convertible / roadster as people will go "woah woah".

Coupe:

1. Same as point 1

2. Same as point 2 but if raining , you have to rush and pull up the seat to let the passenger sqeeue in the back seat. (back seat usually not much leg room)

3. So how I felt that coupe cabin(boot) is larger than sedan cars ! Good for shopping groceries and maybe small furniture.

4. You have tinted glass to be discreet. (But be warned LTA will summon you cos I kenna tinted glass before, period)

5. People will go woah woah but not as high as convertible/roadster

BHP/Torque which is the performance wise , I leave it to you guys...

• Praise 4

Turbocharged

and not forgetting those trying to get into the back seats.

this is the perks of being a coupe driver. :D

So many girls dunno the trick to getting in and out of a low car properly meh. My ex used to turn sideways and put both legs out at the same time so no chance of seeing anything....

Still zao keng especially seats lower than door sill.

Best is to x leg in the car. Turn sideway & get up in 1 motion.

Twincharged

Still zao keng especially seats lower than door sill.

Best is to x leg in the car. Turn sideway & get up in 1 motion.

Yeah. Thats the method I am talking about. Almost no chance to show anything if she puts her hand/handbag infront and press down the skirt while doing it.

Owning a coupe/roadster is awesome because you can tell people you don't like that your car has no space or that your suspension will bottom out if they were to hop in to your car. Call me selfish but hey it's my prerogative to decide who gets into my car.

• Praise 3

(edited)

Coupe:- If 3 guys and a girl were to go out together, a girl will be likely to sit in the front pax of a coupe.

If you are trying yr luck on her, it will bring u to an advantage.

4 doors:- the girl will hop in with her favourite guy behind.

Edited by Vhtfhwlego

Supersonic

Owning a coupe/roadster is awesome because you can tell people you don't like that your car has no space or that your suspension will bottom out if they were to hop in to your car. Call me selfish but hey it's my prerogative to decide who gets into my car.

Haha. That is exactly what I do when I don't wanna give anyone a ride - e.g. when there is an office lunch, or big meeting outside I will drive my convertible so can only take 1 at most.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1