Changing language display to English for PI Toyota Harrier

Fishy

I'm wondering if there is a way to change the language display for a parallel import Toyota harrier from Japanese to English?

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged
(edited)

I dunno whether possible or not, but if you look through the MFD options, try to find something saying

言語

This is language. English will be "英語".

If this option don't have then probably can't.

But if you understand traditional Chinese you probably recognize most of the kanji and can roughly guess.

This thread might get moved to Japanese Talk tho...

Edited by 7hm

Japanese like to keep the best stuff for themselves. So the entire manufacturing industry (not just cars) have production lines dedicated to the domestic market. That's why there are many household appliances and electronics that you can only see in Japan.

When it comes to JDM cars, they were never intended to be used anywhere outside of Japan. I highly doubt that manufacturers would upload an English software into the system. If it's not already possible to select the language, then it's unlikely it's there in the first place.

Twincharged

That is the problem of buying PI cars,basic Japanese cars still fine[not much functions],those Hi-Tech ones...trouble,but roughly can understand basic reading like FC,Km to empty,outside temp..etc.

Thanks for the reply. I thought it's a firmware update that could fix the issue. Problem is where to do e firmware.update.

Turbocharged

That is the problem of buying PI cars,basic Japanese cars still fine[not much functions],those Hi-Tech ones...trouble,but roughly can understand basic reading like FC,Km to empty,outside temp..etc.

I heard the very first batch of GTR has this problem. it will unleash all its power only the car, via GPS, knows its in a racing track.

those PI units that landed outside Japan didn't disable this function and the max it can go is 180kph.

not sure if this is true?

Twincharged

I heard the very first batch of GTR has this problem. it will unleash all its power only the car, via GPS, knows its in a racing track.

those PI units that landed outside Japan didn't disable this function and the max it can go is 180kph.

not sure if this is true?

True,BBC,JC,tested this car,before comfirmed it,only "Approved" race track in Japan,the car can go faster than 180km/h.

Turbocharged

True,BBC,JC,tested this car,before comfirmed it,only "Approved" race track in Japan,the car can go faster than 180km/h.

My friend Evo X also got this problem.

Go MY with us only to realise his X can't get pass 180. Lol.....

Twincharged

My friend Evo X also got this problem.

Go MY with us only to realise his X can't get pass 180. Lol.....

I think your friend's car is P.I..

Turbocharged

Then very simple,have the ECU reflash it can remove the limiter.

that is what he did immediately after we came back.

that is what he did immediately after we came back.

Your fren oso funny... drive evoX yet dunno all PI car will have 180km/h limiter. [smash]

I always tot those who drive/own evo, rex, gtr will be into cars and this type of info should have been at the tip of their finger... [:p]

Turbocharged

Your fren oso funny... drive evoX yet dunno all PI car will have 180km/h limiter. [smash]

I always tot those who drive/own evo, rex, gtr will be into cars and this type of info should have been at the tip of their finger... [:p]

And the best part was, his previous ride was a evo9. Lol....

Neutral Newbie

I'm wondering if there is a way to change the language display for a parallel import Toyota harrier from Japanese to English?

Other than the lack of English display. Does anybody have an English version user manual? or just an e-version of the original manual? I can try to translate using google.

Neutral Newbie

yes, you can change the panel from Japanese display to English. I just got mine Premium Advance. In order for you to change the panel display to English, you need a SD card. The car dealer get it for me.

• Praise 1