Boy Electrocuted after pee-ing on transformer

RadX

And no! Not optimus prime!

Seven-year-old boy in China electrocuted after urinating on transformer
PUBLISHED ON MAY 19, 2015 8:51 AM
haohao132e.jpg

The shed where seven-year-old Fang Haohao urinated in, which he thought was a toilet. It turned out to be a 10,000-volt electrical substation. -- PHOTO: WEIBO

• haohao132e.jpg
  • parentsofhaohao190515e.jpg

XI'AN - A boy suffered a near-fatal electrocution when he urinated on a transformer on a roadside in China's Xi'an, the capital of Shaanxi province.

Fang Haohao, seven, wanted to relieve himself while waiting with his parents at a bus stop and was told by his father to do so at an open space behind some hoarding, according to My Paper.

Mr Fang then heard crackling noises shortly after and saw thick smoke rising from a nearby shed, which turned out to be a 10,000-volt electrical substation.

He rushed over to discover his son lying on the floor of the shed, his whole body on fire. All the boy's hair had been burnt off and he was covered in blisters.

Haohao was rushed to a hospital, which transferred him to a better-equipped facility where his left arm was amputated. A doctor also said nearly half of the boy's body was severely burnt and that his skull was visible.

Police on the scene discovered a small warning sign on the shed but was unable to establish who owned it.

Speaking to local media, a tearful Mr Fang questioned the lack of prominent warning signs around the substation. He also asked why it was located so near a bus stop.

"We come from a village. My son must have thought it uncivilised to pee by the roadside in a city. But at his age, how could he have known that it was a substation?" he said.

Quoting a physics teacher in Xi'An, My Paper reported that urine, consisting mostly of saline, is a good conductor of electricity.

An electrical current could have flowed through the boy's stream of urine if it came into contact with the transformer, causing an electric shock.

Why do I not feel a bit sad? KArma is indeed a bitch

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

"a tearful Mr Fang questioned the lack of prominent warning signs around the substation.

Huh? He needs signs to tell him where not to pee? Idiot.

• Praise 1
  • Dislike 1

"a tearful Mr Fang questioned the lack of prominent warning signs around the substation.

Huh? He needs signs to tell him where not to pee? Idiot.

to warn him of decepticons :omg:

yup it's the parents fault for not teaching the proper thing

then when this kid grows up, the cycle continues.

Fair enuf

Turbocharged

yup it's the parents fault for not teaching the proper thing

then when this kid grows up, the cycle continues.

Fair enuf

You're a terrible human being. I will pee on you tonight as punishment. 😂

You're a terrible human being. I will pee on you tonight as punishment. 😂

wooooooooooooo....dun u do that everyday? :yeah-im-not-drunk:

Hypersonic

Pun aside... I pity the child for having to go through that. The pain must be excruciating and he's only 7.

• Praise 3

Pun aside... I pity the child for having to go through that. The pain must be excruciating and he's only 7.

i say again, the parents to blame.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

As a parent, I read this with sadness. I read the replies even with more sadness. What is the agenda here? China bashing? Haven't we all peed in the bushes at some point of our childhood?

The report states the boy wants to pee, a kids bladder is much weaker than an adult. No toilet in sight. the father did not ask him to pee out in the open or at the roadside, rather at some hoarding which from the picture, is a bunch of broken structures looking like they are going to be demolished. I don't see it as being inconsiderate.

The boy didn't know. The father didn't know the danger. How the fark is a substation unfenced and no warning signs of the electricity and danger?!

It's so painful to read that the boy is half burned and arms needs to be amputated.

It's no joke here guys and I find some of the response ridiculous.

Where's the empathy?

• Praise 24

totally understand how u feel, think they are just kidding la

Read everything with a pinch of salt ba

I find the boy very poor thing

Probably the parents background is quite poor and not highly educated to understand the danger

No one expects this to happen

As a parent, I read this with sadness. I read the replies even with more sadness. What is the agenda here? China bashing? Haven't we all peed in the bushes at some point of our childhood?

The report states the boy wants to pee, a kids bladder is much weaker than an adult. No toilet in sight. the father did not ask him to pee out in the open or at the roadside, rather at some hoarding which from the picture, is a bunch of broken structures looking like they are going to be demolished. I don't see it as being inconsiderate.

The boy didn't know. The father didn't know the danger. How the fark is a substation unfenced and no warning signs of the electricity and danger?!

It's so painful to read that the boy is half burned and arms needs to be amputated.

It's no joke here guys and I find some of the response ridiculous.

Where's the empathy?

↡ Advertisement